User Tag List

Thread: IAT question

Default IAT question

Just out of interest, has anyone noticed whether their air con affects the IAT. Seemed to notice IAT fluctuating a lot more on the dashhawk when the air con is on. This is while the vehicle is moving. Observation conducted at 80-90km/h cruising.

I havn't noticed anything, but i havn't deliberately looked, but might be interesting so next time i will.

Either way, i'd much rather have my air conditioning on than worry about IAT's

The 6 seems to have very poor airflow characteristics in the engine bay. Over 80 kmh there's essentially a bottle-neck effect where the air from the front, having been heated by the radiator and A/C condenser can't get out and lingers around the front of the engine bay looking for a low-pressure escape route. The engine intake is really the only low-pressure source around that part of the engine bay.

We had a lengthy discussion about it here: http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/tech-...ffect-iat.html

Gone to Volvo

I tried this last nite and here are my findings

During 5 minutes I ran with the A/C at max power doing 110km, my dashHawk showed the IAT was 3 degrees away from ambient, after 5 minutes i turned off the A/C and the IAT was reduced to only 1 degree away from ambient.

Not much diference really.

Quote Originally Posted by kmh001 View Post
    The 6 seems to have very poor airflow characteristics in the engine bay. Over 80 kmh there's essentially a bottle-neck effect where the air from the front, having been heated by the radiator and A/C condenser can't get out and lingers around the front of the engine bay looking for a low-pressure escape route. The engine intake is really the only low-pressure source around that part of the engine bay.

We had a lengthy discussion about it here: http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/tech-...ffect-iat.html
    AHA!! Thanks mate. Good discussion in that thread. So all we have to do is work out how to get the heat out.