User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New MZR performance SRI intake for Gen 2!

Quote Originally Posted by KFuNk View Post
    Sounds awesome 03blk! Just ordered mine can't wait now!
    Hmmm it will be interesting to se how this SRI performs on the dyno day, in both Gen I and Gen II

CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

If I where to get this, would it invalidate my warrenty?

Quote Originally Posted by KFuNk View Post
    Sounds awesome 03blk! Just ordered mine can't wait now!
    Enjoy KFuNk!

Quote Originally Posted by Logan View Post
    I didnt have an issue on my last service which was 2 weeks ago, all depends on your service rep.

Do u have to take the bumper off and remove the resonator box etc? I guessing all that lower pipe work stays. If it does it wouldn't be had to swap for service days so warranty not voided. For those that have one can you hear the turbo whistle a little more? Maybe get a vid up of the sound?

Thumbs up Mzr sri & pod !!

Quote Originally Posted by PerthMPS View Post
    Do u have to take the bumper off and remove the resonator box etc? I guessing all that lower pipe work stays. If it does it wouldn't be had to swap for service days so warranty not voided. For those that have one can you hear the turbo whistle a little more? Maybe get a vid up of the sound?
    No you don't remove front bumper 20min change over maxx No it will not void your warranty so no need to change for service. Yes you can definately hear throaty induction ,bov & turbo much more I think MPShiv has posted a vid of the sound .I can fully recomend Tim (DISIMS3 MZR PERFORMANCE ) very professional and tremendous service at the right price .

Col
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by Logan View Post
    Was going to ask the same thing myself! Thanks for the response Col. Wasn't really looking at doing anything to my car, mainly because I wouldn't even know where to start, but the way everyone is raving about this I'm tempted.
    GENII 2009 MPS VR POV PACK | TIPS THANKS TO MAZDA3MPS (IAN) | KUMHO KU36 235/40/18 TYRES | PRIMA PAINT PROTECTION BY ZAS | LAKIN CUSTOM PLATES | MPS & OZMPSCLUB.COM BRUSHED ALUMINIUM DECALS (THEY COUNT AS MODS RIGHT?)| WISHLIST...60 DURO REAR ENGINE MOUNT | RIMS PAINTED/GT RIMS

Smile NIKE !!! JUSTDO IT !!! you wont regret it a must do !

Quote Originally Posted by Leelu View Post
    Was going to ask the same thing myself! Thanks for the response Col. Wasn't really looking at doing anything to my car, mainly because I wouldn't even know where to start, but the way everyone is raving about this I'm tempted.

THe message is up there
    no probs

Col
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

whats everyones fuel trims like with this intake?

I'm not aware of anyone taking measurments at this stage Doc. I've been running mine for almost a year know. Performance has been consistant as has fuel economy.

This is probably off topic for this thread but I was curious as to how many km's most people get out of their Gen II MPS that hasn't had any mods? I'm barely managing to get to 500km on a tank in mine (all city driving)......is this about right or am I driving very unefficiently??

500km sounds about right considering the fuel tank is 60l and the when showing as empty on the HUD/Fuel Gauge there is actually about 8-10l left in the tank...so you're getting about 10l/100km which is pretty good depending on your driving style.

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch2k View Post
    500km sounds about right considering the fuel tank is 60l and the when showing as empty on the HUD/Fuel Gauge there is actually about 8-10l left in the tank...so you're getting about 10l/100km which is pretty good depending on your driving style.
    Thanks for that! My driving style depends on my mood - mostly fairly normal with an occasional hint of revheadedness
    GENII 2009 MPS VR POV PACK | TIPS THANKS TO MAZDA3MPS (IAN) | KUMHO KU36 235/40/18 TYRES | PRIMA PAINT PROTECTION BY ZAS | LAKIN CUSTOM PLATES | MPS & OZMPSCLUB.COM BRUSHED ALUMINIUM DECALS (THEY COUNT AS MODS RIGHT?)| WISHLIST...60 DURO REAR ENGINE MOUNT | RIMS PAINTED/GT RIMS

Quote Originally Posted by YOU LOSE View Post
    No you don't remove front bumper 20min change over maxx No it will not void your warranty so no need to change for service. Yes you can definately hear throaty induction ,bov & turbo much more I think MPShiv has posted a vid of the sound .I can fully recomend Tim (DISIMS3 MZR PERFORMANCE ) very professional and tremendous service at the right price .

Col
    Thanks Col. Gotta save up my pocket monies now so I can get one.
    Timbo

14 Mazda BT50 xt Boss Kit
    13 Volvo XC60 R-Design
    10 VR 3 Neo
    08 CX9 Luxury (sold)
    09 VR 3 MPS Luxury (sold)

11.5l/100km for me..close to 20k

and if ur thinking of getting an sri/cai just do it..makes a massive sound difference. you won't have any regrets.

well i can say that on low boost driving (i.e. highway) my fuel economy has improved by at least 1L/100km. I got 650km out of the tank all highway before the SRI, now according to the last time i filled (by my calculations i got nearly 300 km off 21 litres)i should get atleast 700-750 easily. As for city driving well i would barely get 500 aswell, but that has alot to do with my driving style.

Leelu and PerthMPS the great thing about the Gen 2 is the factory air pick up ends up right near the air filter, so i personally think that a CAI won't give much of an increase over an SRI in a Gen 2.

I don't have a dashhawk (YET) so no fuel trim readings doc. But better economy and seat of the pants feels suggest that it has made a difference. I would gladly spend the money again even for the sound alone.

As for warranty well I haven''t had a service yet so i don't know but with the right rep i can't foresee any issues.

I got an MZR Perfomance SRI and Love it. Apart from the dramas I had getting it on (wasn't the SRI.. it was mine ) it's prob the best mod i've done. Yeah i've noticed i've been getting more fuel per Km and have had it serviced 2 weeks ago. They didn't say anything about it apart from that it "could" rub against a cable so i'm just getting a support beam for it, and a heat shield.

Love it! Thanks MZR (Disims3)
    OMG pressing the right pedal makes me go forward!...but pressing the middle doesn't.. hows does that work?... aliens...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Leelu View Post
    I too am tempted Leelu. Maybe one of the guys could install it for us seeing as we are but helpless females??? and they are such experts (crawling)!
    Last edited by Annie; 02-04-2010 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    I too am tempted Leelu. Maybe one of the guys could instal it for us seeing as we are but helpless females??? and they are such experts (crawling)!
    Hey Annie, I had Tim from MZR Performance install mine up here in Cairns. A quick job it was too.

I'm sure one of the boys close to you would be glad in to install your SRI for you!

Annie,

It's not as hard as you think... It just used WB40 at the begining, the whole thing would of taken 20mins... but i didn't so it took me like 45 mins. I'm just going to get a Heatsheild for it tomorrow.

Let you know how that goes!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast