User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Newbie from Brissy

Default Newbie from Brissy

Just wanted to introduce myself to get rid of the new member notice telling me I haven't posted yet :-p

I brought my '07 MPS3 in Oct last year. Low kms only 34k at the time, custom exhaust, chiptorque ecu, bov, centre dash replaced with custom gauge kit and Adrenalin Potenza RE001 wheels.. All very classy mods and not too over the top imo. I'm not a very technical guy, so for those enthusiasts sorry I couldn't be more specific - I'd have to look at the paperwork :-p

Future upgrades I would like. Id love to get a better sound system, currently just standard so a sub and upgrading the speakers. Also with the car being lowered and the firm tyres it isn't the most pleasing ride for the bum unfortunately, brilliant handling though. However I would love to see if I can upgrade the shockies to keep out the bumps - we haven't got the best roads up here.

I travel from Redcliffe to Darra for work everyday, so if you don't know Brissy that is about 140k round trip, so I spend my fair share of time in the car per day.

Biggest reason from joining - apart from my shared love with the MPS - Is I have had to do alot of researching the last 2 days on turbos. Because sadly my mps is in the shop at the moment with blown oil seals on the turbo. We are thinking the cause may be due to the high oil pressure feed and low pressure exhaust caused the seals to split. But we could be wrong about that. I just gave them the ok today after doing all the research I can and for the money that I _don't_ have to spend on the repair to put in a GT2850 Garrett turbo into the original turbo housing (exhaust flange is a different shape). There were a couple of other options but this seemed like the best for the money ($4100 if you were wondering). So it should come back with a bit more added performance too, so not completely wasted.

Cheers guys and girls. I hope to join some of the cruises coming up. Even the Bris to Adelaide sounds tempting. Never been part of a car club so should be a new experience :-)

(I'll post pics and stuff when I get my baby back :-p)
    Last edited by ZedN; 24-01-2010 at 03:12 PM.

Welcome aboard ZedN enjoy the forum, sorry to hear about your delemma.... What shop have you put it in, talk to the guys at Allstar Tuning in Brendale they look after the grand Prix Mazda race car.....

3. Default

Welcome youve got a great bunch in the Brisbane folk up there

@240MPS - Ive actually got it with the Grand Prix Mazda guys up at Cabooluture. Which if I am not mistaken is run by Jake Camilleri who drives the race car... And for a dealer they are really going the extra mile I think because I don't know too many dealers who would offer aftermarket parts and modding to suit, hehe. Allstar fitted the piggy ecu if I am not mistaken and did the original tuning.

@blackbetty - yeah there are heaps by the looks of it. And many more that might not be here too because I think I could say I see at least one gen 2 mps3 everyday. So the MPS group seems to be growing.

5. Default

did you buy the car privately or from a dealer, wonder if it was someone from here that used to own it before ... u got any pics to throw up ... colour etc

welcome mate,enjoy the club and good luck with the repairs,keep us informed of the progress we would love to hear about it when finished!!

welcome aboard .. hope you enjoy your stay !!!

Cheers
    Dee !

welcome to the forum. hope to see u out on a cruise sometime. your car sound awesome. put some pics up sometime. would like to check out the ride

yeh welcome along!

@blackbetty - I got it through a dealer, the previous owner moved up to a STi though. But apparently he was there the day I picked it up and one of the sales guys came over and told me the previous owner wanted to make sure I get the oil changed every 5000ks. Which I have been doing :-) Cosmic Blue is the colour, seems pretty common colour for MPSes, though not many other cars.

@TheJunglist - cheers man I hope to too. I'll put some pics up when I get it back. I haven't taken any pics of it yet unfortunately.

Wardski's old car? .. Another infamous car returns?

Oh and welcome

Welcome

@ 2000MNLESS - Judging by the nick name and the guy's name on the receipts.. That sounds about right :-p
    Last edited by ZedN; 23-01-2010 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZedN View Post
    @ 2000MNLESS - Judging by the nick name and the guys last name on the receipts.. That sounds about right :-p
    Well then, you definitely don't need to upgrade the shocks. As the car has Tien Super Street coilovers fitted. That is to say it did...... Maybe they were swapped out?
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Road Laino View Post
    I'm never drinking again

15. Default

@ 2000MNLESS - Judging by the nick name and the guys last name on the receipts.. That sounds about right :-p
    Sounds like it could be mine, all depends on where you bought it

I'm surprised if the turbo seals died. It was absolutely babied. I do know that Subaru gave it a few really hard runs, so they could be to blame..

Again, if it is my old MPS, and you want a smoother ride, you should change the rebound settings on the TEINS suspension. Talk to Fulcrum in Capalaba as its still under warranty, and they will set it up for you.

Also, if you're looking to put in a bigger turbo, have a chat with 2XS on this forum. He will need to modify the twin dump pipe on the exhaust.

And finally, if it is my old MPS, she puts out 206kW @ 475Nm, which is the best APC Racing (underwood) has ever tuned using the Xede that you'll find in the glovebox (My Dynograph rains supreme on their board of champs)

If the above can be validated, I can give you a few more tips n tricks about the beast - you'll probably want all the original parts I have laying around (I have everything except for the shocks which were buggered)
    Last edited by Wardski; 23-01-2010 at 05:23 PM.

They are green, so most likely the same ones. The rear left side one looks to be leaking so I am probably about to replace the back two shortly anyway.

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

Zupps Subaru at Capalaba.. Pretty sure it was your oldie, hehe.

We'll blame them for it because I aint blaming myself - I'm a grandma driver, hehe.

17. Default

@blackbetty - I got it through a dealer, the previous owner moved up to a STi though. But apparently he was there the day I picked it up and one of the sales guys came over and told me the previous owner wanted to make sure I get the oil changed every 5000ks. Which I have been doing :-) Cosmic Blue is the colour, seems pretty common colour for MPSes, though not many other cars.

@TheJunglist - cheers man I hope to too. I'll put some pics up when I get it back. I haven't taken any pics of it yet unfortunately.
    Oh.. i missed this.. It was the "make sure I get the oil changed every 5000ks" that got me.....

Yeah, its mine

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 PM ----------

They are green, so most likely the same ones. The rear left side one looks to be leaking so I am probably about to replace the back two shortly anyway.

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

We'll blame them for it because I aint blaming myself - I'm a grandma driver, hehe.
    Man, get the shocks replaced under warranty thru Fulcrum - They should still be under warranty!!!
    Last edited by Wardski; 23-01-2010 at 05:30 PM.

Definitely go and see fulcrum!!!! Top bunch of blokes!

Sounds like the car has had a bit of a hard life since Ward parted with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Road Laino View Post
    I'm never drinking again

19. Default

Quote Originally Posted by 2000MNLESS View Post
    Definitely go and see fulcrum!!!! Top bunch of blokes!

Sounds like the car has had a bit of a hard life since Ward parted with it.
    Yes they are, talk to Nick Comino, hes a great guy.

I agree, sounds like she's had a bit of a hard time ah well, my STi has only done 3400km since early July last year. Thats how babied my cars are... weekend driven only

All exciting...the black nugget returned....

Now the wardski mobile has returned...

Would be nice to see it out on a cruise with the STi

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast