User Tag List

Thread: CP-e and big power

Default CP-e and big power

So I haven't been keeping up with MSF recently, but I did spend the afternoon catching up on this thread BIG POWER IS FINALLY HERE!!! - Mazdaspeed Forums. I've never known CP-e for sensationalism so when they make these kinds of post, I tend to read them with great interest.

Any thoughts?

Their figures are unreal, makes me feel useless

...thats wat dreams are made of.... brilliant.

4. Default

Like we have been saying the Standback is the only tuning option for the MZR's.
    Once as we have corrected the flash hardware turbo upgrades & big motors will be here as well.

How cool.

Could be a future upgrade path once mine is out of warranty

Unless I'm retarted. I cant seem to find where they listed what mods he has. I can see a lsit of stuff he doesnt have, but I dont care about that, I want to kow what he had to do to get the power other than the tuning.

That's the part they won't tell you, otherwise how will they make their money?

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Unless I'm retarted. I cant seem to find where they listed what mods he has. I can see a lsit of stuff he doesnt have, but I dont care about that, I want to kow what he had to do to get the power other than the tuning.
    upgraded bottom end, rods, lower comp pistons, 3071 huffer, and I think upgraded fuel pump/s.

Plus all the other normal add on mods
    MPS is gone. Ghey Trail enabled....Not Happy. MPS 6 to come

I think what he means what is the secret to breaking the wall. There were guys previously on 3076s that were having problems breaking 400whp.

And I thought Scott was running a totall stock block?

I'm not that fussed about what their secret is, I just wanted to know what physically had been done to the car. Lower comp ratio will sort it out. Lower comp means you can run more advanced timing and pull more power from the same amount of boost, that coupled with the full control flash I would have thought would be enough.

At the end of the day it's still just an internal combustion engine, in which, a certain amount of air, and a certain amount of fuel make a certain amount of power. There is nothing magical about it. Get more air and fuel in and out of the engine and it will make more power.

That's where you're wrong. See my comment about the 3076s that could not make more than 400awhp. People were throwing big turbos and upping the boost and not even getting near where other engines were getting. That's the point of the CP-e post.

Given the basic fact that you can't get 400hp from our stock hardware, this appears to be a hardware upgrade, supported by tuning. There is nothing revolutionary about that, it's been happening since the internal combustion engine was invented.

IMO the fact that it has taken them so long to begin to get their head around the PCM is nothing to brag about. There are part-time enthusiasts that have archived more in terms of unlocking the code. It also suggests that their decision to go down the interceptor path held back progress. It looks like a very inelegant hodge-podge collection of partial code change and interception.

Good news for drag racers I suppose, but I wouldn't want to be trying to drive a 400hp DISI on the street, it would most likely be a gas-guzzling unresponsive slug.

Gone to Volvo

In the scheme of cars in general, you're correct it's nothing spectacular. However for our platform, many would call this a breakthrough given that people have always hit the 400hp wall with MORE parts. Scott has a stock block and this dyno was at 19psi - so many people in the US are running more boost and not even getting close. According to Scott (the guy who owns the car) it doesn't suffer fuel efficiency issues on the streets since if you don't boost (and it takes longer to boost) you're not using much more fuel than a stock car (I would say probably more fuel efficient given they've likely advanced the timing and leaned it out).

Again my point here is our platform has always lacked the aftermarket backing of cars like the 90s imports, so we can't compare our achievement with theirs. I reckon this year we'll see our first +500awhp Mazdaspeed.
    Nuliaj: Hatches are only really half a car anyway.
    shinslinger66: And you forgot to add that they are also a girls car!

I hope you're right about someone cracking 500, but I don't think it will be CPe, just my opinion but I reckon their approach is flawed and will just cause more broken engines. If I read it right they just admitted they don't know how to eliminate the EGR code for guys who have the EGR bypass mod. If their understanding of the PCM is so limited I'd be questioning why they are trying to make big power before understanding how the engine works. Seems back to front.

Is Scott the same guy who lifted his head? Be interested to know if it was because he failed to re-torque his head studs or because of the experimental tune.

Gone to Volvo