User Tag List

Thread: Remote Start Alarms - Suitable for MPS?

Default Remote Start Alarms - Suitable for MPS?

Hi guys,

I had a VIPER remote start car alarm on my R34 GT-T... loved it!

I tryed to get one for my WRX but the standard keypad system from Subaru was going to be a pain.

Has anyone installed a 'Remote Start' alarm on a Mazda 3, 6, more specifically a MPS?

Has anyone (friends or family perhaps) tried a cheapy one from ebay?

(my brother gave a cheap alarm from ebay a go on his R32, great alarm, couldn't fault it wasnt a remote start alarm though)

Cheers guys

Current: 2002 Nissan S15 200SX SPEC R
    Previously: 2006 Mazda 6 MPS ,MY00 WRX CLUB SPEC EVO IV Hatch ,97' Nissan S14A 200sx, Nissan R34 GT-T, Nissan S12 Silvia

Yeah that'd be cool. However depending on where you are it could be illegal (definitely not legal in NSW).

Aside from the legality point, I'm not sure if the cheaper ones on ebay will work on the MPS as theres chip / rfid in the key itself that acts like an immobiliser password, and essentially allows the car to work!

Not sure how the remote start unit would get around such a setup.

I'd also want one that would refuse to start if the car was in gear. That could be a nasty surprise

Quote Originally Posted by Scaredycrow View Post
    I'd also want one that would refuse to start if the car was in gear. That could be a nasty surprise
    I think that might be at least part of the reason they are illegal in some places, I think VIC as well, but don't quote me on that. Same with turbo timers, they don't like the idea of cars running without drivers. You know how the government is with robot invasions!