User Tag List

Thread: ECU Flash

Post ECU Flash

Probably not the right forum for this but,

Does anyone know if the "CPE FullControl™ Flash for Mazdaspeed 3" is compatible with our vehicles in Australia? Has anyone used this product? Would it be comparable to the Ezy-Flash Chiptorque are proposing to have ready by Feb10? It's quite affordable aslo @ US440.00

Moved to correct section... (Electronics/Computer/ECU/Car Audio)

No, No and No

The cp-e flash ONLY allows the throttle plate control, it is meant to be used in conjunction with their standback, no one has tested compatibility between the US & local ECU's but I believe there to be some differences.

The Chiptorque device is more of an all in one tuning package, if anything it would compare to the Cobb Acessport product line, you can retune and reflash your ECU as required, and it offers a greater scope of adjustments than a piggy back device.

I would suggest emailing CP-e directly, as you're most likely going to get speculation here as I believe only 1 person has had the flash done? The Chiptorque flash is an actual tune where as the full control flash is just allowing the opening of the throttle plate to 100%. I'm not sure if the Chiptorque flash does this (from dyno's I've seen, it does not appear to).

EDIT: Damn you beat me to it.

5. Default

Some have also linked this to engines parting ways.

As in the throttle closes to protect the engine and the throttle being allowed to stay open could be a reason as to why engines have parted ways.

This is what I have read from a few places. Just a heads up as to what other people have summarised.

I see no relationship between low rpm rod throwing and keeping the throttle plate open above 5500 rpm.

Inicidentally you might want to have a read of if your using an AP your throttle plate isent opening 100%!!!!!!! - Mazda6 / Atenza, which shows the Cobb AP not really opening the throttle to 100%. On the second page there's an interesting log of the load at low rpm.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nuliaj View Post
    I see no relationship between low rpm rod throwing and keeping the throttle plate open above 5500 rpm.

Inicidentally you might want to have a read of if your using an AP your throttle plate isent opening 100%!!!!!!! - Mazda6 / Atenza, which shows the Cobb AP not really opening the throttle to 100%. On the second page there's an interesting log of the load at low rpm.
    Just relating what I had read. nothing more nothing less...

I have a flash tune with the throttle control and have yet to experience any issues.

I drive my car fairly aggresively too.

I even have a turbo upgrade and as yet I'm up to 1000kms.

Thanks for the input guys............What is an AP?

10. Default

Cobb Access Port.

It is not available for our cars.
    Last edited by Crusher_13; 25-01-2010 at 10:19 AM.

Such a shame though.