User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How long did your original MPS (6, 3 Gen I or II) brake rotors last?

Super girl got 90k

Currently having 60,000km service. Advised front pads have about 4000km left to run and front rotors have a lip but won't need machining yet.

@KMH001 - MAL, how have you found the Hawk pads. Which ones are they - the HPS or the HP Performance (track) ones?

Further to the foregoing, when I picked up my car from service I sought and obtained a quote of $420.75 for replacement front pads only, or $935.00 for new pads plus new OEM discs fitted, which makes the cost of the discs nominally $515 (I say nominally as this includes fitting the whole lot). The Hawk pads sold by MPSG are $170.00.

As my discs have quite a pronounced lip on them now and will skim to under-size, it might make sense to fit new discs plus the Hawk pads, for a total of around nominally $685. I could be tempted to replace all with a full Brembo discs + pads but at $2K+ plus fitting I'm not sure I need the pain at this stage.
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

changed my rotors at 32000k, gen 1 mps3. Had about 0.7mm left apparently which is still enough. However was putting new pads on so just changed the lot.

LUP15, do you recall approx costs, just for comparison?

cost me ~$100 to get tunehouse to install my front rotors & pads

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

think i got (front only) DBA slotted + HPX pads from GSL for under $500, just a word of warning, rotors are f*cking heavy

Front rotors and pads replaced at 54,399km

Gen 2.

Rotors were 400 for dba 4000 clubspec and about 150 for remsa front pads. All from gsl. Fitted them myself .

9. Default

my rotors were skimmed at 100km

At 50k my dealership said that my discs are starting to develop a lip ad they couldn't be machined

I've just done my 60k service and they said they are still good

Said at 70k they should be changed, but will assess again

Peter "SLIXX"

ok....

I have done 206000 kms.... still have original rotors...and halfway through my 2nd set of brake pads...

Im guessing I dont use my brakes much ....

But will be replacing rotors and pads when they actually wear out...

On 120,000 km's still original rotors and pads, machined the rotors three times in the last 6 months as well. Seem to be warping quicker now, still over min thickness by a long way.

I'm hitting 81K and was told that front disc rotors are worn. Bought a DBA clubspec T3 4000series and ready to change it next week.

Default Re: How long did your original MPS (6, 3 Gen I or II) brake rotors last?

At 110 km. Rears still stock rotors, been through a set of front pads but the dba slotted rotors are fine even after two track days at Wakefield.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Default How long did your original MPS (6, 3 Gen I or II) brake rotors last?

Quote Originally Posted by throaty6MPS View Post
    I'm hitting 81K and was told that front disc rotors are worn. Bought a DBA clubspec T3 4000series and ready to change it next week.
    Nice, I'm keen on them too. What pads you using?
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Default How long did your original MPS (6, 3 Gen I or II) brake rotors last?

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    cost me ~$100 to get tunehouse to install my front rotors & pads

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

think i got (front only) DBA slotted + HPX pads from GSL for under $500, just a word of warning, rotors are f*cking heavy
    Hey champ,

How you find the braking for the DBA slotted?? Instant stop response??
    Last edited by SIRMPS; 03-09-2012 at 11:32 AM.
    2008 Black Mazda 3 MPS Sports Pack

Mine lasted 70,000km then i bought stoptech cross drilled and slotted brakes with carbon ceramic pads from the States.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Nice, I'm keen on them too. What pads you using?
    thanks mate, i bought Hawkes Racing pads, got them installed today.

50,000 service mazda told me the fronts were getting low.
    started squeeling about 57000
    RDA slotted rotors and extreem pads fitted at 60k
    red stuff pads will be fitted at 61k not happy with the extreem pads

I have 57,000 on the clock and my mechanic reckons it is almost time for new brake pads.
    He seemed to think the original rotors could be skimmed but I have heard this is not advisable.
    Good excuse to get some slotted ones I reckon!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123