User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How long did your original MPS (6, 3 Gen I or II) brake rotors last?

front rotors changed to dba at 70k (needed them for rwc)

front pads changed to qfm at 90k (not sure if the first owner ever changed pads .. )

Just changed my front pads at 65k.. Apparently the Rotors need doing next", not sure how far away "next" is though.

Back brakes are fine though.

I bought my 06 MPS6 with just under 60,000 on the clock, and the dealer said the front rotors had just been replaced. CV joints were done at the same time.

I've done 38,000 (call it 39 end of this week) and my rotors will need replacing soon. Good to see/read plenty of info on members offering a km based time-frame to replacement required. Obviously some rotors were worse then others but the average seems to be around 60K or thereabouts. Least I can push it to next year and save some coin over the Christmas break. I need other work done which is going to cost a bit

Quote Originally Posted by 240MPS View Post
    52,000k's on a MPS3 08 model 4 track days and 1/2 way through the pads.... rotors still look new...

62,000k's and still going strong I will get them to look at them before the bathurst trip / 65,000k service.

Quote Originally Posted by hotz74 View Post
    Original fromt rotors changed at 75,000KM for DBA Standad with Hawk Ceramic pads
    Thanks to MPS Garage.
    Hi mate, interested here to know how you are finding the Hawk Ceramics?

Stopping from cold?

Stopping if you have been giving it some stick?

Brake dust?

Thanks in advance,

Leon
    Started out with nothing Still got most of it left

I wasn't happy with my old rotors & the HPX pads after machining the discs so
    I replaced my front rotors with DBA slotted & Hawk ceramic pads front & rear.
    Absolutely fantastic......they seem to bite very well either cold or hot. No sqeaks at all & I
    can say that stopping is no longer an issue. I use the HT10 ceramics.
    Don't know what MPS garage sells though....
    Hope this helps

Full replacement of OEM pads and rotors at 75,000km with DBA 4000 slotted rotors and Remsa pads.

Fronts were absolutely stuffed, both rotors and pads. Rears were fine.

9. Default

Just had my 80,000km service (car actually done 73,000). Im still on stock brakes and apparently they are still in 'good' condition

Quote Originally Posted by blackbetty View Post
    Just had my 80,000km service (car actually done 73,000). Im still on stock brakes and apparently they are still in 'good' condition
    Need to use your brakes more Mel
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

11. Default

I had the MPS 6 front and rear rotors replaced at around the 65,000 mark.
    DBA 4000 slotted rotors front and rear with Hawk pads - a good combination - low brake dust

Whitwun

118,000kms and still goin'.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

180000kms and still original rotors and still using hawk pads.

I need to use my brakes. lol

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-27.242241,153.000846

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Sent from my Olivetti typewriter

14. Default

Just had my service today sitting on 78,000kms and Im still on original OEM brakes. Was told today I still have 6mm on both front and rears, so they are going great

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
    65,000K for me (front). Rear still original.
    Now approaching 130,000K and the fronts are up for replacement again. My second front rotors were DBA standard (not 4000 series) and have lasted almost exactly as long as OEM.

DBA 4000 are a harder high-carbon steel, should see some extra K's from them, pads permitting

Still may not need to replace rear rotors, however am considering DBA 4000 slotted front and DBA 4000 standard rear.
    "Blue Meanie" 2007 Aurora Blue MPS 3 - 18x8.5+44 SSR GTX01 - 235/40R18 Michelin PS5 - 3.5" ETS TMIC - CPE stg 2 mount - HKS/CPE BPV - 2XS inlet - 2XS short shift - Corksport turbo manifold - HT 98 octane tune - Leather/Aluminium handbrake - Momo shifty knob - 7" touchscreen - JDM Mazda Retractable dashtop screen assembly - Bespoke Raspberry Pi Android based GPS/Carplay and instrumentation - 36AH reserve battery and C-TEK isolator - TEIN Street Advanced coilovers 1" drop - Superpro bushings - 220Kw/410Nm.

"Lipstick" 2013 Velocity Red MPS 3 - 18x7.5+48 Enkei RPF1 -225/40R18 Federal RS-RR - CPE TMIC - COBB inlet - CPE stg 2 mount - COBB Stage 1 98 octane tune - COBB shifty knob - 2XS short shift - 2XS turbo manifold.

Quote Originally Posted by blackbetty View Post
    Just had my service today sitting on 78,000kms and Im still on original OEM brakes. Was told today I still have 6mm on both front and rears, so they are going great
    I've followed you many times. You need to use your brakes to wear them out!

Joys of AWD and awesomeness behind the wheel.

Talking

Hi guys,

I have an 05 3 mps with about 28,000 on her. Was giving it a boot on the weekend and had to come out of warp speed when I joined the freeway to avoid being arrested and subjected to waterboarding or something. To achieve this I used a common tool at our disposal known as the brakes. Hmmm, I didn't expect to have th front of the car give me a massage!

I had heard the std rotors can warp up pretty easy but I would have thought that some serious pressure would have had to be applied. Also, they are not even 30,000 old! I'm pretty easy on the car in general and don't hit the track ever so I'm wondering what the general consensus is?

These DBA (is it?) rotors and pads sound interesting... Where can I find info on them and roughly how much am I looking at for fronts?

Thanks guys!! (and girls!)

You can try here, they're a Site sponsor so will look after members

GSL RallySport

MPS 3 or 6? as the 3 was only released in 2006, MPS 6 in 2005.

Also I'm not a brake expert but after 5 or 6 years and low kms your pads may be a bit old or glazed which can result in poor braking performance, get it checked for peace of mind
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

I just replaced the OEM front rotors and pads after 63000Kms on my '07 6MPS, still got the original rear brakes.

Now running DBA 4000 slotted rotors and REMSA pads. Had them for a week so far but the jury is still out if they are an improvement or not. Will let them bed in more before drawing any conclusions.

Blog Entries

Swapped out front DBA standard with OEM pads for DBA 4000 series slotted+crossdrilled (price was right) with remsa pads all around - rear rotors are still original OEM @ 135,000K and counting. Look OK to do another 30,000K at my guess.

Turns out I took mazda service agent's word too literally, and have changed the fronts a bit earlier than necessary. I could have gotten an extra 10-20,000K from them although they had a lip going and the surface was scored. That would have the DBA standards lasting longer than OEM, but not looking pretty towards the end.
    "Blue Meanie" 2007 Aurora Blue MPS 3 - 18x8.5+44 SSR GTX01 - 235/40R18 Michelin PS5 - 3.5" ETS TMIC - CPE stg 2 mount - HKS/CPE BPV - 2XS inlet - 2XS short shift - Corksport turbo manifold - HT 98 octane tune - Leather/Aluminium handbrake - Momo shifty knob - 7" touchscreen - JDM Mazda Retractable dashtop screen assembly - Bespoke Raspberry Pi Android based GPS/Carplay and instrumentation - 36AH reserve battery and C-TEK isolator - TEIN Street Advanced coilovers 1" drop - Superpro bushings - 220Kw/410Nm.

"Lipstick" 2013 Velocity Red MPS 3 - 18x7.5+48 Enkei RPF1 -225/40R18 Federal RS-RR - CPE TMIC - COBB inlet - CPE stg 2 mount - COBB Stage 1 98 octane tune - COBB shifty knob - 2XS short shift - 2XS turbo manifold.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast