User Tag List

Thread: All-New 2011 Mazda5 coming to Geneva

Blog Entries

Default All-New 2011 Mazda5 coming to Geneva

Filed under: Minivan/Van, Wagon, Geneva Motor Show, Etc., Mazda

2011 Mazda5 - Click above for high-res image gallery

The Mazda5 has been around since 2006, going about its microvan business in relative obscurity, yet rewarding buyers with a healthy dose of zoom-zoom mixed into their three-row vanlet driving needs. The Mazda5 (Premacy in other markets) received a few tweaks in 2008, but other than new wheels and clear tail lamps, there weren't a lot of changes. Well, Mazda just announced that an all-new Premacy will be unveiled at the 2010 Geneva Motor Show, and despite the smile on its face, the changes are more than skin deep.

Cribbing heavily from recent show cars like the Nagare and Furai, the new 5 sports swoopy character lines along its flanks, and adopts the now-familiar and familial smiley face up front. Besides an all-new body, the 2011 Mazda5 will also get the company's "i-stop" start-stop technology for its new direct-injection engine, reducing CO2 emissions by up to 15 percent according to Mazda. Mazda says the Nagare-inspired styling actually serves to reduce drag and maintain a good balance of downforce fore and aft, but we're pretty sure people will just think it a bit overstyled.

The new Mazda5 will go on sale in Europe later this year with a choice of 1.8- or 2.0-liter direct-inject gas engines. No word yet on which engines will make it over to these shores, but we're guessing the 2.5-liter in the current Mazda3. Hopefully Mazda has figured out a way to offer the trick karakuri second-row center seat that boosts seating to seven. We'll have more details when they pull the cover off of it in Geneva, but for now, check out the press release after the jump and the gallery of high-res images below.

Gallery: 2011 Mazda5

[Source: Mazda]

Continue reading All-New 2011 Mazda5 coming to Geneva

All-New 2011 Mazda5 coming to Geneva originally appeared on Autoblog on Wed, 20 Jan 2010 10:55:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...
    2014 Mk7 Golf R | DSG | Reflex Silver | Leather | Drive Assist | Bi-Xenon Headlights
    1981 Lincoln Town Car | Auto | 80s Cream | 90s brown interior | 5.0L V8 | Currently no working headlights

Very Tarago from the rear. Not a fan

the sides look cool

Agreed.

And while the shape of the doors might be different or nice, its a really bad idea, would make repairing them very difficult re. expensive. Therefore dearer insurance.

Dispite that, i don't think it would sell too badly in australia and i have no idea why they havn't been sold previously.

What would be good, is why not build one simular in concept to the Honda odessy?
    A more sporty looking smaller but just as roomy MPV.
    I see a lot around driven by men in their 40's that look as if not for the family they would be driving a performance sedan.
    Its a market i don't know why more manufacturers havn't targeted.
    Add a MPS motor and you could have something quite unique, a performance MPV

The front looks hot!

you think that cos it looks like your mums car

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bd581 View Post
    Agreed.

And while the shape of the doors might be different or nice, its a really bad idea, would make repairing them very difficult re. expensive. Therefore dearer insurance.

Dispite that, i don't think it would sell too badly in australia and i have no idea why they havn't been sold previously.

What would be good, is why not build one simular in concept to the Honda odessy?
    A more sporty looking smaller but just as roomy MPV.
    I see a lot around driven by men in their 40's that look as if not for the family they would be driving a performance sedan.
    Its a market i don't know why more manufacturers havn't targeted.
    Add a MPS motor and you could have something quite unique, a performance MPV

Easy to make it go faster but harder to make it stop and corner equal to the speed it can do.

Mazda actually allready do it, Mazda 6 Diesel Station Wagon, MPS brakes, MPS suspension, MPS Steering, MPS Bracing, but not a MPS engine

But that isn't a 7-8 seat people mover like a Honda odessy.
    Something low and sleek like them, but with a bit more power would be good. Even detuned mps motor like the cx7 would be enough

It's a mazda 3 wagon

another gay smiling mazda...cant wait for this phase to pass....fail IMHO!!

Quote Originally Posted by A Pirate View Post
    another gay smiling mazda...cant wait for this phase to pass....fail IMHO!!
    very smooth lol yeah too tarago-ish for me
    "THE PATH OF THE GTI-R IS BESET WITH PERIL BY THE INJUSTICES OF THE SPEED CAMERA AND THE TYRANNY OF OTHER DRIVERS. BLESSED IS HE WHO OVERTAKES THE EVO & STI THROUGH THE VALLEY OF HAIRPIN TURNS, FOR HE IS TRULY HIS CAR'S TUNER AND THE FINDER OF LOST HORSEPOWER. . . AND WE SHALT STRIKE DOWN WITH GREAT BOOST AND FURIOUS ACCELERATION ON WHOEVER DOTH ATTEMPT TO OBSTRUCT OR DELAY OUR OVERTAKING. . .
    BMW M3 Evo Coming to the R stable soon. . .

i like th door paterns.. er thats about it...

Love or hate the smile, its here to stay

I dont mind it but the MPV would be better as it has the 2.3 turbo motor

Quote Originally Posted by BradstaMS View Post
    Love or hate the smile, its here to stay

And in saying that I will not buy another mazda till its fixed or the phase has passed.
    MAZDA 3 SP23 : XFORCE : EIBACH : WHITELINE : AUTOEXE : CORKSPORT : KMAC : TWM : AFX :SCANGUAGE 2 : XHP : KUMO : CARBON PRODUCTS : AERO BODY STYLING : BLAUPUNKT : INFINITY : TOMTOM : SPARKSECRET.COM : MONZA : AERPRO : JBS Customs : FHRX EARTHING KIT : DYNAMATT : UNIDEN : RFI : iPOD : STINGER : REDLINE Tuning :

SUBARU FORESTER MY10 XT-P
    : TCP AUTO : HYPERFLOW : PERRIN : WHITELINE : STi : BREMBO : BEATRUSH : TURBOSMART : LENSO : PULSE RACING TUNE @ 182 AWKW

I like the new bold look....I'm for the new face

and I have had Mazda's for over 25yrs so I wont buy anything else

mazdas new all round look

damn its got the big grin !!!

!!