User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbie reporting for duty !

Yay..... my ZAS stuff arrived last week and I got to spend some TLC time with the Beast over the weekend.

I followed the great instructions provided by Joel (ZAS) and also PostManDan [Thanks Guys, super helpful !!]...

The car is looking a million dollars inside and out...

The paint is glossy and smooth... the wheels are "armoured" and shiny, and the interior is matte and clean.... absolutely awesome.

My back is a bit sore, but well worth it....

On certain angles up close to the paint and under a fluro, I can see fine scratch marks.... i will need to get rid of those in my next detailing run (2-3 months time)... any suggestions ?

Next is the MX5... i reckon she'll get looked at this weekend (wife should be happy)...

Ps. I went out for dinner last night and parked far enough away from all the other cars... only to get back halfway through dinner to find that I was parked between a Camry and a Honda Civic (about 30cm free on each side)... i was in a predominantly chinese suburb, so I decided to move the car....under a tree (it was hot last night)....lo and behold, I got back from dinner and the car was covered in light bird sheet !... not happy jan !!... a bit of slick (when I got home) was all that was needed.... although my windscreen is still a schmozle.... so unfortunately no pics yet... maybe tonight.....

Cheers all
    Weeeeeeee....

Nice to see another 6 MPS in Victoria we seem pretty rare over here. I've only ever seen one other on the road since I got mine!

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Hobi View Post
    Next is the MX5... i reckon she'll get looked at this weekend (wife should be happy)...
    Wow another MPS6 / MX5 household ... good stuff
    Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face

blackbetty, do you have a MPS6/MX5 combo too ?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMPS View Post
    it is not dead, it is just starting to grow. We had the first meet up this month.

Chobe G do you have any ideas? Anyone feel free to put ideas up.

I am happy to run a cruise from Warburtion and do the two Spurs (reefton and Black) but this one would be good for March. (not good for February)
    Hey Mr Blue... ...

Yeah it will definitely be a good idea to grow the Vic MPS scene... maybe we could organise a trip to the Haunted Hills hillclimb circuit... i know a lot of car clubs go down there for the day...

Only thing is... for those that go on the track.. they may want to bring a spare set of tires...

Also perhaps a cruise that may have a lunch or a BBQ somewhere...

I've been to a few cruises with the WRX club and they're more of a community rather than a car club.. i'm not saying let's copy what they do but including a fun activity with a cruise it's always good

a cruise to go Go karting at somerton would be nice

anyway... just throwing some ideas..

what does everyone think?

**don't mean to hijack this thread... just responding to a question... **

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Hobi View Post
    blackbetty, do you have a MPS6/MX5 combo too ?

Yeh we have a black MPS6 (mine ) OzMPSclub - Australia's fastest growing Mazda MPS forum - blackbetty's Mazspace

and his is a sunlight silver MX5

OzMPSclub - Australia's fastest growing Mazda MPS forum - lucifuge's Mazspace

IMMX5 is a MPS6/MX5 house as well both red
    Last edited by blackbetty; 14-02-2010 at 11:28 AM.
    Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face

any pics of your mps6 champ??

Pics to come soon... sorry... have been a bit lazy.....

Hobi,

I agree with you on the Semi's! Those and people using mowers or whipper snippers on the side of the road scare me!!

I'm a newbie too, everyone here is very welcoming - I'm sure you'll love it.

Welcome Get an MPS3, got a bit more poke than the 6's

Cool Mps rehab for turbo junkies u can checkout but u can never leave!!!!

To OZMPSClub the message is up there !!

Col

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12