User Tag List

Thread: Facotry head unit

Default Facotry head unit

Hi all,

Need some help i took my head unit out today to have a look how i will install my sub and speakers with an inline converter, i am also looking at getting the ipod hook up for the back of the head unit.

Now this is my problem most write ups on this install is to just to plug the ipod adapter into the cd changer slot which is all good but there is something all ready plugged in there on mine 06 model MPS 3 and it looks like it was there from factoryas it goes up and into the factory wiring. I unplugged it and the head unit still works.

Any help on this would be great.
    06 MPS3 - MZR sri - bov - 18" speedy Fins - FOR SALE
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/membe...tml#post164434

This will be the Aux in from the centre console that is already plugged in..

yes as above it is the console auxplug....so unplug the AUX console plug and plug in the ipod adapter...this is a better option as the aux plug suffers huge interference a sound degradation and you will get better sound quality via the ipod adapter.

Just to throw in a spanner i have seen but cant remember where and adapter plug that will accept both aux plug and ipod plug so you will retain both inputs....but cannot remember where sorry.
    MAZDA 3 SP23 : XFORCE : EIBACH : WHITELINE : AUTOEXE : CORKSPORT : KMAC : TWM : AFX :SCANGUAGE 2 : XHP : KUMO : CARBON PRODUCTS : AERO BODY STYLING : BLAUPUNKT : INFINITY : TOMTOM : SPARKSECRET.COM : MONZA : AERPRO : JBS Customs : FHRX EARTHING KIT : DYNAMATT : UNIDEN : RFI : iPOD : STINGER : REDLINE Tuning :

SUBARU FORESTER MY10 XT-P
    : TCP AUTO : HYPERFLOW : PERRIN : WHITELINE : STi : BREMBO : BEATRUSH : TURBOSMART : LENSO : PULSE RACING TUNE @ 182 AWKW

cheers thanks for that,