User Tag List

Thread: Mazda3 Roof Racks

Default Mazda3 Roof Racks

Hey all,

Just looking at getting some roof racks for the MPS, mainly for transporting two cycling road bikes.

Has anyone had them fitted? Any info incl price and maybe somewhere in Bris where you've had them fitted would be awesome!

Cheers,

Andy

Get the OEM ones. 75 kg a rack approx 600 fitted. I have only seen a handful of gen 1's with them. I think the oem ones are even a quick release one iirc

i bought a set from rola..

they look great and are easy to remove via the fixed point mounting slots on the roof..

Car before

Car straight after fitment

car all loaded up with the Rola Locking arms for holding boards and skis

Thanks guys - cheers!

gives it that euro look!! nice

Thule Racks.
    Sweet as!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1030215.jpg 
Views:	3999 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	2138   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1030192.jpg 
Views:	2180 
Size:	91.2 KB 
ID:	2139  
    Last edited by nzjase; 27-01-2010 at 09:54 PM.

7. Default

Hi guys

Anyone know if a set of roof racks from a gen 1 will fit a gen 2?

My mate has a set for me when my new wheels arrive.

any1 got any picks of rack with the bikes on?

also did u say those racks sold from mazda are quick release? and can any old rack take bikes or do u need different attachments?

Quote Originally Posted by 3mpsblack View Post
    any1 got any picks of rack with the bikes on?

also did u say those racks sold from mazda are quick release? and can any old rack take bikes or do u need different attachments?

Here's a couple.

I've been MPS'd

Accessport-Stage 2 OTS Tune, Autotech Internals, CS CBE, CS SRI/TIP, CS DP with high flow cat, Forge BPV, CS Rear Swaybar, CS Rear Motor Mount Insert, JBarone Short Throw Shifter Plate, JBarone Solid Shifter Bushings, G2 Red Calipers, Blue LED Interior Lights, 35% tints, Black Powdercoated Rims, Bridgestone RE002's, H&R Springs, SPC Rear Camber Arms.

Theres one thing that drives me wally with racks on the roof and thats the Wind noise lol..

ugh

4 Snowboards are bad enough..

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

i might flog my set of Rola racks and grab some thuleys..

yeh i dont plan on having them on all the time lol jus to take my bike some days thats why i need ones that i can take on and off regularly...

do the thuleys detach easily? do they come with the bike rack?

thanks for the pics too

Quote Originally Posted by 3mpsblack View Post
    yeh i dont plan on having them on all the time lol jus to take my bike some days thats why i need ones that i can take on and off regularly...

do the thuleys detach easily? do they come with the bike rack?

thanks for the pics too
    It's about a 5 minute job to get them on and off. It's actually more difficult getting the little plastic slidy things off the roof, so you can screw in the support posts. Once they are off, without scratching the paint, it's all good!

The Thule racks come as a multifit kit, so all components need to be bought seperately depending on the car.

These ones are 860 Euro Bars, 751 Foot Kit, 3005 Fitting Kit.
    I have since found the 753 Foot Kit, which is lower profile and looks a bit nicer. (perhaps an upgrade one day?)
    Bike racks are Outride 561. Comes with locks too.
    All up around $850 NZ

Let me know if you want an upgrade Ante, I'll let you know where i got them from.

I've been MPS'd

Accessport-Stage 2 OTS Tune, Autotech Internals, CS CBE, CS SRI/TIP, CS DP with high flow cat, Forge BPV, CS Rear Swaybar, CS Rear Motor Mount Insert, JBarone Short Throw Shifter Plate, JBarone Solid Shifter Bushings, G2 Red Calipers, Blue LED Interior Lights, 35% tints, Black Powdercoated Rims, Bridgestone RE002's, H&R Springs, SPC Rear Camber Arms.

Hey Andy i have a current gen 2 and have Rola racks ,which are quick release approx 5 min to detatch.Purchased from Repco dealers approx cost $250.00 ,slight wind noise ,but can live with. Rla have all sorts of attatchments for bikes ,ski,boards etc.Good Luck.

14. Default

Sorry for the bump of a thread from 3.5 years ago but I currently have a set of the mazda 3 roof racks on my car and I wish to remove them. I cannot seem to remove the plastic covers with the mazda logo on them.

Can anyone please provide instructions as to how to remove these racks? I googled but I couldn't find much.

Thanks a lot guys

Quote Originally Posted by arashyyy_88 View Post
    Sorry for the bump of a thread from 3.5 years ago but I currently have a set of the mazda 3 roof racks on my car and I wish to remove them. I cannot seem to remove the plastic covers with the mazda logo on them.

Can anyone please provide instructions as to how to remove these racks? I googled but I couldn't find much.

Thanks a lot guys
    hey there.
    I don't think they are the same ones as mine because I don't have a Mazda logo on them.
    They must pop off somehow. Got any pics of the bit you are trying to get off?
    Jase

I've been MPS'd

16. Default

Quote Originally Posted by nzjase View Post
    hey there.
    I don't think they are the same ones as mine because I don't have a Mazda logo on them.
    They must pop off somehow. Got any pics of the bit you are trying to get off?
    Jase
    Thanks for responding. Much appreciated.
    Just googled and they look exactly like these: Genuine Mazda 3 Hatch OR Sedan 2009 Roof Racks | eBay

I thought you had mazda 3 roof racks installed.

Thanks again

edit: just re-read your posts and realised you had a different brand. Sorry for disturbing you but thanks for your help
    Last edited by arashyyy_88; 13-07-2013 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by arashyyy_88 View Post
    Thanks for responding. Much appreciated.
    Just googled and they look exactly like these: Genuine Mazda 3 Hatch OR Sedan 2009 Roof Racks | eBay

I thought you had mazda 3 roof racks installed.

Thanks again

edit: just re-read your posts and realised you had a different brand. Sorry for disturbing you but thanks for your help
    Do you have the keys? It takes 5 mins to take off if you do. Put the key into the lock, turn, and it will push the end cover off. This will expose the screw thread, which holds them down.

18. Default

Quote Originally Posted by zacman View Post
    Do you have the keys? It takes 5 mins to take off if you do. Put the key into the lock, turn, and it will push the end cover off. This will expose the screw thread, which holds them down.
    Thanks champ. I managed to take it them off with the help of someone. Basically, the covers wouldn't come off but one of us pushed the cover up exposing the screw thread and the other unscrewed it off. All up it took five minutes. But not sure why none of the covers actually came off..
    But thanks again