User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Light Bulbs for Mazda 3 incl MPS

Default Light Bulbs for Mazda 3 incl MPS

Stumbled upon this, thought it might be useful. Possible sticky mods?

All the Mazda 3 range uses the same bulbs?

Aside from where it says (HID) and (LED)...yep

With regards to high beam, in lamons terms what bloody globe is that ? H1, H2 etc

Stuck

Did you find a Mazda 6 chart on your travels Dan?

Quote Originally Posted by lilzlr View Post
    with regards to high beam, in lamons terms what bloody globe is that ? H1, h2 etc
    h3/hb3/9005

It is worth noting that the MPS's (1st gen), and other models with the same design fog lamps, use hb4 / 9006 bulbs in their fogs not H11's

Hi Matt, I sent you a PM. Chs.

Quote Originally Posted by TallDan View Post
    h3/hb3/9005
    Awesome, weird design in the Gen1 3 MPS with the bolt on set up being used to hold it in. . There ya go Col we can do the HID kit from work then
    "THE PATH OF THE GTI-R IS BESET WITH PERIL BY THE INJUSTICES OF THE SPEED CAMERA AND THE TYRANNY OF OTHER DRIVERS. BLESSED IS HE WHO OVERTAKES THE EVO & STI THROUGH THE VALLEY OF HAIRPIN TURNS, FOR HE IS TRULY HIS CAR'S TUNER AND THE FINDER OF LOST HORSEPOWER. . . AND WE SHALT STRIKE DOWN WITH GREAT BOOST AND FURIOUS ACCELERATION ON WHOEVER DOTH ATTEMPT TO OBSTRUCT OR DELAY OUR OVERTAKING. . .
    BMW M3 Evo Coming to the R stable soon. . .

Default Thanks micheal !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LILZLR View Post
    Awesome, weird design in the Gen1 3 MPS with the bolt on set up being used to hold it in. . There ya go Col we can do the HID kit from work then
    That's awesum m8 thaks heaps

Col
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

positive that the rear indicators are wedge bulbs anyone?
    want to buy some phillips silver vision ones to replace the amber globes

Quote Originally Posted by YOU LOSE View Post
    That's awesum m8 thaks heaps

Col
    No dramas m8. .
    "THE PATH OF THE GTI-R IS BESET WITH PERIL BY THE INJUSTICES OF THE SPEED CAMERA AND THE TYRANNY OF OTHER DRIVERS. BLESSED IS HE WHO OVERTAKES THE EVO & STI THROUGH THE VALLEY OF HAIRPIN TURNS, FOR HE IS TRULY HIS CAR'S TUNER AND THE FINDER OF LOST HORSEPOWER. . . AND WE SHALT STRIKE DOWN WITH GREAT BOOST AND FURIOUS ACCELERATION ON WHOEVER DOTH ATTEMPT TO OBSTRUCT OR DELAY OUR OVERTAKING. . .
    BMW M3 Evo Coming to the R stable soon. . .

Im trying to replace my parker lights with leds to match the whiteness of the HID’s

Can anyone recommend which ones to get???

I'm looking at replacing my standard beams. Any one know a good place to look for replacements?

Hi Arden, You need W5W bulb fittings. I went for something like this:
    2X T10 194 168 192 W5W 5050 White 4 SMD LED car Bulbs - eBay LED Lights, Lights, Indicators, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 26-Jul-10 17:24:59 AEST)

The colour is a brilliant white. Takes away that orange look with a typical Halogen.

I'm now looking at this:

2X 25 SMD LED Xenon White Car Wedge Light Bulb T10 W5W - eBay LED Lights, Lights, Indicators, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 03-Aug-10 21:02:39 AEST)

These ones should fill the whole light assembly and show off those cool wedge/arrows. They should be allot brighter as well. Not sure of they'll do as DRL's though. I like my headlights on during the day, but am concerned about excessive use and bulb replacement.

Hope that helps.
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

2nd Gen MPS have H11 low beams and 9005(HB3) high beams... Just pulled mine out and checked

i have got led parker and fogs. hb4 64 led for the fogs and the 25 led parkers. both are slightly more blue than the xenon mps 3 headlights. got them off ebay. less than 15 bucks delivered for the lot

Here,s a funny thing, I thought it would be great to buy some LED fog lights for the 3 MPS, had a look at the thread and over to ebay, awesome got two HB4 64 led for the front fog's for under $10. then I had a thought, what Gen MPS were they talking about? had another look at this thread and found it was a gen 1, oh no I got a gen2 so checked the owners manual and as murphy's law would have it for the gen 2 fogs are H 11.

So what did I learn from this, "Do your due diligence before you part with the cash" Oh well not too bad cost me about $10 for a great life lesson.

Oh then I went and purchased some H11 LED's.

P.S. you may just see some HB4 LED's on the for sale thread before too long

Matt so 1 gen mps fog lights are hb4 bulbs and not h11? Cause im looking at changing my fog lights to led hahaha.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast