User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Light Bulbs for Mazda 3 incl MPS

rear indicator globes for Gen 1 LED type lights.

the silver WY21W globes are all so expensive! $30 bucks an up, which is ridiculous.

Does anyone have any leads on cheaper options?

Or has anyone used just a basic W21W globe? they are cheaper and more common. Also found a thread that suggests its possible:

Turn signal / directional bulb type - evolutionm.net

I think there is a tab on those gloves that won't let you put them in

I rectified that by shaving it off with my dremel

Peter "SLIXX"

yeh - that was the jist of the thread i posted.

so, peter, you're saying you've done it successfully?

I've got some globes that are suspisciouslly similar from my BMW but not sure what size they are (they were incorrect for the BMW, so i obviously bought the wrong ones) - they fit in the holder, but they don't contact any of the necessary electrical points, and the globe is too large in diameter to fit through the hole in the light housing......

If you say it can be done - then i'll give it a crack and save some dosh in the process.

Does anyone know how to change the globe in the glove box and what type of glove it might take

Had a look in the manual and on this forum, but no luck?

Peter "SLIXX"

Awesome... Sort of
    Mazda have to make everything difficult!

Peter "SLIXX"

Yeh that one is a b1tch to get to.

Might I suggest instead just running an LED strip under there? remove the frosted cover, wiretap the existing loom and stick strip up under there - will give you a lot more useable light.

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEY View Post
    yeh - that was the jist of the thread i posted.

so, peter, you're saying you've done it successfully?

I've got some globes that are suspisciouslly similar from my BMW but not sure what size they are (they were incorrect for the BMW, so i obviously bought the wrong ones) - they fit in the holder, but they don't contact any of the necessary electrical points, and the globe is too large in diameter to fit through the hole in the light housing......

If you say it can be done - then i'll give it a crack and save some dosh in the process.
    Yeah I bought some LED indicators a while ago. Not sure of the actual type but I couldn't get the globe in the slot

I noticed that there was a solid tab built into the connection. I just shaved it off

I read somewhere it is distinguish between US and Euro globes

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Right - I have deciphered this.

If you type into ebay the american codes for these light bulbs you get a lot more results (and a lot CHEAPER).

Front indicator bulb code is "581" (P21W)
    Rear indicator bulb code is "7440" (W21W) or 7440NA (WY21W)

Yup that's it 7440 is the same it just has that little tab on the connection which you'll have to shave/grind off

Peter "SLIXX"

Rear lights are called T20 (20mm wide base)
    Front are called BA15s (the S refers to the single contact point - BA15d is double contact)

I'll be getting the T20 and BA15s bulbs in very soon.

all same same. it's good to use the 7440 or T20 code though, because they're dirt cheap on fleabay compared to the W21W coded ones.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!B0kmslwBWk~$(KGrHqZ,!i4Ew5KTSpEWBM,5E4wJHw~~_35.JPG 
Views:	274 
Size:	19.4 KB 
ID:	10910

13. Default

Hey all

Does anyone have any decent eBay led for map lights they can recommend?

I'm thinking to buy these ones
    http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=251145334716

Any other suggestions so they last longer this time would be great. I want bright white. Also I need number plate lights and I think they use the same type, correct me if I'm wrong. T10 W5W 12v?
    Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    2006 AB Mazda 3 MPS
    | 2XS SRI | PG TIP | SURE T3 Street REM | Bilstein B8 & King Spring Suspension |
    ********Car is now for sale PM for details********

Can't help you with which LEDs but can confirm that the number plates use the T10/W5W. The guys here seem pretty keen on the Cree branded leds but not sure on longevity @slixx @dazza

Quote Originally Posted by mech81 View Post
    Can't help you with which LEDs but can confirm that the number plates use the T10/W5W. The guys here seem pretty keen on the Cree branded leds but not sure on longevity @slixx @dazza
    Only had mine a short while.
    Can't really says

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

I got cree parkers that lasted a week from ebay. Its a gamble really.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by ledfootrob View Post
    I got cree parkers that lasted a week from ebay. Its a gamble really.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    I've had my CREE LED parkers for about 6 months. No issues, so far. *touch wood* most of the sellers will send you a new set if they fail quickly.
    @2XS sold me my interior LEDs. They do their job well. He might have some left over?

Quote Originally Posted by zacman View Post
    I've had my CREE LED parkers for about 6 months. No issues, so far. *touch wood* most of the sellers will send you a new set if they fail quickly.
    @2XS sold me my interior LEDs. They do their job well. He might have some left over?
    Some? I have plenty.
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

19. Default

All good I got some off eBay however looking for a boot LED and reverse light LED if you have any Troy?
    Let me price if you do.

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12