User Tag List

Thread: Severe crack problem

Default Severe crack problem

I was heading down to the Gold Coast this morning on the motorway when a stone hit the left side of the windscreen, about 20-30mm off the A-pillar. Within 10 seconds the the crack was about 150mm ... now it is around 300mm long. Great!!

When I read the title I was worried this might have been a health issue.

Lovin' driving on the F3 every day!!!! NOT
    Blog Entries

Default Ouch

Quote Originally Posted by ScorpMPS View Post
    I was heading down to the Gold Coast this morning on the motorway when a stone hit the left side of the windscreen, about 20-30mm off the A-pillar. Within 10 seconds the the crack was about 150mm ... now it is around 300mm long. Great!!
    WOW that's a good hit. Sorry to hear that. Was it very hot out, with the A/C on??

I reckon I am due a cracked windscreen as the amount of stone chips I have on the bonnet, roof and windscreen is ridiculous.

Damo
    2006 True Red Gen 1 3 MPS Sports.

ZOOM ZOOM ZZOOMZ

Corksport Stuff, Special Mazda 6 Horn

It was about 8:45 this morning, about 30 degrees outside, 23.5 inside ...

The stone was moving in the same direction as me - came off, or brought up by a truck heading my direction. I was doing about 120kmh at the time.

Weirdly, in 90,000km in my last car, the only chip in the screen was on the Story Bridge (the main bridge over Brisbane River in the CBD). I do heaps of country driving too.

That's really bad luck.....and Damo. Don't jinx yourself

Smile Timbo,s wharped sense of humour lol !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DISIMS3 View Post
    When I read the title I was worried this might have been a health issue.
    Timbo I NEEDED a good chuckle today just got back and opened a letter letting me know I have a 6 months licence suspension from the 3 rd of Feb I will call in at work on Monday to see ya
    Sorry about the windscreen , insurance should cover it
    Col
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

Same thing happened to my mums mazda... was so little then within no time at all it went the whole way across.... Hope you have windscreen cover on your insurance!

The Gold Coast run wouldn't be a trip without something hitting my windscreen i was taking the 57 exit turn off at about 8:45am this morning heading to Sovereign Island for meetings.. Thats a pain Scorpmps..

Ouch. . insurance will cover that one