User Tag List

Thread: Coilovers -- Banned in Queensland

Default Coilovers -- Banned in Queensland

Someone at my work said today that coilovers had been (or are about to be) outlawed in Queensland. I don't know what his source was but will try to find out tomorrow.
    *** EDIT *** Apparently unless they are a factory fit.
    Had anyone else heard anything about this?
    Last edited by clarry; 17-12-2008 at 07:53 PM.

Let me check to see if I still have the ADR literature and regulations... Nope, I can't find it, must have deleted it. Anyway I'd like to know on what basis they plan to pass this legislation. I don't see how coilovers would pose a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeev View Post
    Let me check to see if I still have the ADR literature and regulations... Nope, I can't find it, must have deleted it. Anyway I'd like to know on what basis they plan to pass this legislation. I don't see how coilovers would pose a problem.
    It's probably the dodgy S13's they're usually attached to...

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_3MPS View Post
    It's probably the dodgy S13's they're usually attached to...
    Hahahah fully sic drift bro!

Actually yeah there is one thing I can think of why they'd be legislated against. They're height adjustable, so you can roll around at your 10cm legal height all week then drop your car on it arse all weekend. Hmm....

Blog Entries

I've heard similar noises about some radical changes to QLD mod laws, but as yet haven't seen anything published on QLD transport website. Nor has the service agents I've checked with been notified of it...yet. I have heard that alternative wheel/tyre fitments are going to need a mod plate if they deviate from stock specification, as per some of the southern states (?), although it doesn't seem to be being enforced there...yet.

Fantm1 Guest

I've heard stories a while back of repeat offenders (car too low defect) having to get their adjustable ride heights welded at the correct height before they could get through Regency Park Motor Vehicles Inspection.

Blog Entries

I have heard of this, due to incorrect fitting and fitting them to cars which don't actually come with them (like you said, factory fit)

No idea why they would be illegal, I can count at least 5 cars on my normal trip to work every morning that have them and I know numerous Mazda guys (NA and Turbo) with them fitted.

If someone has some concrete info for this topic it would be awesome!