User Tag List

Thread: Two simple mods that deliver big results - Mazda 6 MPS

Default Two simple mods that deliver big results - Mazda 6 MPS

Hi all,

Recently as some of you know I've added a Corksport Strut brace and today had a CP-e wishbone engine mount installed, here's a quick run down on what they have achieved, early days but I will add some more feedback down the track.

CP-e Lower/Rear Engine Mount

Stock Lower/Rear Engine Mount

First impressions:
    1) You can feel the vibrations on idle, particularly when A/C is on
    2) You soon forget the vibrations when you start shifting gears
    3) Every gear engages more fluidly and quickly, particularly 1st to 2nd, 2nd to 3rd, and downshifts to 2nd are much smoother
    4) "seat of the pants" dyno tells me I'm now accelerating more quickly as my gear shifts have suddenly improved.
    5) No real negatives apart from the slight vibration on idle, which has been suggested here that increasing idle speed to 900rpm eliminates this!

Strut Brace

First impressions:
    1) Since the coilovers went in, the car felt a little loose, particularly on rough roads and especially from the front
    2) After installing the steering felt tighter and turn in is definitely sharper
    3) Overall handling feels more solid and flat (though it felt like it was on rails already with the coilvovers, it just feels better overall)
    4) The car feels tighter in general
    5) Only negative is I think I now need a rear strut brace as the rear feels loose!
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

How does one increase the idle speed on one of there cars??

Lovin' driving on the F3 every day!!!! NOT
    Blog Entries

Good write up Shakespeare. Thanks for that. I was trying to decide which rear mount I should get. Does the CP-E mount vibrate less than the TRZ??? Do you know if it decreases after it beds in???

Also last one mate where did you get it from???

Cheers

Damo

Quote Originally Posted by tigamica350 View Post
    Do you know if it decreases after it beds in???

Cheers

Damo
    Good question... Would also like to know this \ real world if it gets better for you...

Cheers

Current: 2002 Nissan S15 200SX SPEC R
    Previously: 2006 Mazda 6 MPS ,MY00 WRX CLUB SPEC EVO IV Hatch ,97' Nissan S14A 200sx, Nissan R34 GT-T, Nissan S12 Silvia

Hardly any vibes from the TRZ mount. Barely noticeable after the break in period.

Still in the break-in period so will update in a little while!

Got these direct from CP-e with my diff mount several months ago, been waiting to see if I had any more issues before I installed them

I believe a tuner can increase the idle speed for you, haven't checked yet but if the vibrations don't diminish then I probably will
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DISIMS3 View Post
    Hardly any vibes from the TRZ mount. Barely noticeable after the break in period.
    Quote Originally Posted by shakespeare View Post
    Still in the break-in period so will update in a little while!

Got these direct from CP-e with my diff mount several months ago, been waiting to see if I had any more issues before I installed them

I believe a tuner can increase the idle speed for you, haven't checked yet but if the vibrations don't diminish then I probably will
    Cheers fellas.
    2006 True Red Gen 1 3 MPS Sports.

ZOOM ZOOM ZZOOMZ

Corksport Stuff, Special Mazda 6 Horn

with the TRZ mount, when i first bought it, i thought the vibes were going to be bad but once it was in, the vibes were fine. first 2 gears you felt it more and once you hit 3rd, i didnt even notice it.

Was definately an awesome mod. well worth it

Got the CPE Mount on now...

Feels beautiful!

thanx for that write up. looks like i might b having to aquire one of these

Blog Entries

Well I have now got my TRZ Mount from Tim (DISIMS3) and will fit it in the next week or so.
    I am also waiting on the CP-E mount from the group buy, so hopefully over the next month or so, I will be able to do a direct comparison on the pair.

I normally do over 900klm a week so they should bed in fairly quickly, and I should get an idea fairly quickly.

My CP-e engine mount has bedded in fairly well now and the vibrations are significantly reduced, they're at their worst around 730 rpm (on Dashhawk) below and above this it's smoother, I've just discovered the seismograph app for my ipod touch so will record some vibrations over the coming days!