User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mystery Mazda6 Test Car Spied In Europe, Possible RX-9 Mule?

Blog Entries

Default Mystery Mazda6 Test Car Spied In Europe, Possible RX-9 Mule?

Mystery Mazda6 Test Car Spied In Europe, Possible RX-9 Mule?

SPY PHOTOS HAVE surfaced today revealing a mystery Mazda6 prototype wearing Mazdaspeed styling elements and RX-8 headlights grafted to its nose.

While our spy photographer was convinced the motley 6 is a test mule for an upcoming RX-9, there is just as much reason to suggest a new Mazda6 MPS is in the works - the RX-8 headlights acting as little more than a decoy.

Not for the first time, today’s photos are bound to spark renewed speculation that a second generation turbo all-wheel-drive Mazda6 MPS is in development.

Reports as far back as 2008 suggested that Mazda had approved the development of a new Mazda6 MPS, but little new information has surfaced in the months since. Of course, with most carmakers feeling the effects of the global financial crisis, this comes as little surprise.

With the current generation Mazda6 introduced less than two years ago, the possibility of the spied test car being a new generation or even a facelift seems unlikely.

So just what are we looking at? Could it indeed be a test mule for the long-rumoured RX-9 sports car? Perhaps a new RX-7 or RX-8 - both of which would more likely use the existing RX-8 for early testing.

While it may be too early at this stage to say what Mazda has up its sleeve - if anything at all - all will likely be revealed in the not-too-distant future.

[Source: TMR]
    2014 Mk7 Golf R | DSG | Reflex Silver | Leather | Drive Assist | Bi-Xenon Headlights
    1981 Lincoln Town Car | Auto | 80s Cream | 90s brown interior | 5.0L V8 | Currently no working headlights

Very interesting, will be waiting to see what transpires! (crosses fingers and prays for MPS6)

hmm it doesnt look very fancy.. but new mps6 would be sweet!

4. Default

Waits for the flood of series I MPS 6 sales

note how the bonnet is at normal level, no bumps or scoops, so unless a mps motor will fit under the new bonnet or it has a FMIC (which it doesn't seem to have) unfortunately it may not be a mps
    it could be so many different things, so I wouldn't get too excited about it. It could have awd they are testing, it could be a rotor as mentioned, could be a hybrid, could just be a simple facelift, a new engine, the list goes on

it might not even be a Mazda!
    Nothing stopping manufactures using other cars to test their products, it's happend before

MPS 6 FTW .... In regards to no intercooler... well they could be hiding it lol or testing awd ....wishful thinking

7. Default

Im wishfully thinking for sure Mazda look at all the MPS6'ers leaving the fold as they have got sick of waiting

Not sure about the sales else where but from what I have seen of the mazda 6 sales down here I doubt they would bother with a new gen MPS6 sadly. Espically as in other lands you can get the V6 6 and all other sorts thats are quite close to what the mps is power wise..

As much as I would like to see one I personally dont think they will. But you never know I could be proved wrong. *hint hint mazda *

**edit** proved wrong like my spelling....
    Now with less zoom zoom

intresting stuff! rx9 owwww

will b interesting to see. any of those developments would be pretty cool. would b good to see a new 6 mps though!!!

RX9 is an interesting concept, but certainly not in a Mazda 6 body.

Just don't think the motor would suit it. The mazda 6 is more of a family car and a tourer. With a rotor in it, as fun as it could be (if they could keep the weight down) the rotor would be too noisy and not torquey enough to make a good tourer, especially in australia (think Mazda Roadpacer)

I'm more curious why they discised it, if its a mechanical update they could get away with just driving it around without getting any attention

Any ideas where the car was spotted?
    If its a cold place they could be testing AWD

Photographer should have paid attention to the exhaust note, that could give away a little

PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE Mazda build a new 6 MPS. I am extremely happy with mine, but in a few years I will have to leave the fold if there isn't a new one!

Reckon it's rear wheel drive and running a rotor.

Looks like front tyres are narrower than back too. (suggests rear wheel drive to me)

If Mazda are working on another MPS6 lets hope that they market it better than the first series....Mazda have not disclosed what is happening this year only that the 2 and BT50 get a facelift.....

That nose job reminds me of the Peugeot 206 ad

[YOUTUBE]50A9wjJ40Dk[/YOUTUBE]

I'd that's an RX - "anynumber" I'm going to barf up a lung!

Quote Originally Posted by TallDan View Post
    That nose job reminds me of the Peugeot 206 ad

[YOUTUBE]50A9wjJ40Dk[/YOUTUBE]

the song at the end used to be my ringtone for a while

Quote Originally Posted by zippymps3 View Post
    Reckon it's rear wheel drive and running a rotor.

Looks like front tyres are narrower than back too. (suggests rear wheel drive to me)
    I think you could be right and the body is only a disguise, as it looks like they've also shortened the front overhang. Found this RX-9 pic which I believe is someone's impression!

Full story here

http://www.caradvice.com.au/9016/201...-rx-9-preview/
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

Quote Originally Posted by BradstaMS View Post
    the song at the end used to be my ringtone for a while
    I love it, don't think I'd do that to make my MPS look like a new one though
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

That looks nice!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast