User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: peformance

Default peformance

Happy New yaer all,

I recently purchased 2XS's old exhaust (TBE CES) & just wondering if i have it installed will I need to have the car retuned or am i able to drive as per normal with the factory settings? I will eventually install a SRI & hopefully have the Ezy Flash when Chiptorque release it, hopefully soon. Any advice will be much appreciated.

Cheers

2. Default

You should be fine with the factory tune, I'd hold off until you get those extra couple of mods.

Seeing as you're in Canberra, have a chat to Ultimate Tunes in Phillip. They're good guys and they've tuned a few MPS (3 and 6) succesfully, one of the guys actually has a 6 also, and might have some other tuning options for you other than the chiptorque (they are ECUTek dealers, but can tune just about anything).

They're also one of the few places here that have an AWD Dyno. Doesn't effect you with the 3, but good news for those of us with a 6

I've spoken with Christian a few times. He seems to know his stuff. I still have new car warranty, so I'll just wait till that expires & install the lot. What mods have you had done?

4. Default

I've only had mine not long, and only just go registered so not much at the moment. Just an AEM CAI and some minor exhaust mods.

Father in law has another 6 with TBE, CAI and turbo inlet and Xede. Runs about 190kw atw on ultimates dyno.

lol no you dont, changing an exhaust system does not require a tune. As your ECU should slightly adjust its settings if it records a variance.

My 1994 GTiR does that, its called self learning remapping (there is a fancy word for it)

So your MPS should do it

Smile

OK.... thanks,

I think I'll wait till my warranty expires anyways. Cheers for the info though

Still learning about all these facy gizmos. Apprecciate it

Changing the exhust shouldnt affect the warranty, just shoot DISMISS a PM he is a warrant officer for Mazda.

Cheers LILZLR,

I'll do that. I'll let you know how thing go when it all happens...

Quote Originally Posted by LILZLR View Post
    Changing the exhust shouldnt affect the warranty, just shoot DISMISS a PM he is a warrant officer for Mazda.
    DISSMISS?...OK LILLIZZIE
    Turbosmart SU BPV // MZR Performance Intake // Medieval Inlet pipe // Medieval rear engine mount // RKM shifter Bushings // SLS Racepipe // Eyelids

Ohh if that's the case I might have to bug him with a question then
    Now with less zoom zoom

Enjoy the exhaust system mate

welcome mate

The TBE arrived today..................

Taking my baby Red to Mazda..........Seems I have warped front discs.....great, Not! Anyway should be covered under warranty. Anybody gone through this experience? Will Mazda give me a hard time & try to wiggle out of it? I have 3k kms on the car since i purchased it, in total 23k kms. Is that normal? DISIMS3 you might be able to help here....

14. Default

Yup, others have had that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Hama3 View Post
    The TBE arrived today..................

Taking my baby Red to Mazda..........Seems I have warped front discs.....great, Not! Anyway should be covered under warranty. Anybody gone through this experience? Will Mazda give me a hard time & try to wiggle out of it? I have 3k kms on the car since i purchased it, in total 23k kms. Is that normal? DISIMS3 you might be able to help here....
    Not a concern I've dealt with before on Mazda 3's. At 23k You really shouldn't have to pay for new rotors even though they are a wear and tare part. At 15k i'd say definetely warranty but at 23k it's kinda borderline. As with all warranty it will be subject to inspection and at the discretion of the service department your dealing with. Don't be afraid to let them know your not happy and Good luck.
    Turbosmart SU BPV // MZR Performance Intake // Medieval Inlet pipe // Medieval rear engine mount // RKM shifter Bushings // SLS Racepipe // Eyelids

Wow! I thought you could expect @ least 65-85k kms on the front discs. Is it a hit & miss thing or is it very common?
    Well I'll let you guys know how I go tommorrow. thanks for the input......

I wouldn't worry too much. Warped rotors are not very common and being a genuine defect I reckon they'll cover you. I was just being conservative. I never say that something will definetely be covered because it's Mazda's decision in the end. You should get 50 - 70k out of em.... 85k if you drive like a NANNA . Mazda are the best franchise I've had to deal with for customer service by far (Really). You'd be amazed how unfair some of the others can be.

lol no you dont, changing an exhaust system does not require a tune. As your ECU should slightly adjust its settings if it records a variance.

My 1994 GTiR does that, its called self learning remapping (there is a fancy word for it)

So your MPS should do it
    When I fitted the full 3" exhaust with dump pipe and high flow cat to my new gen2 the engine light stayed on due to the O2 censor not being able to keep up with the new exhaust flow rate. After a few days it got its act together and the eng. light went out and stayed out. With my gen1 with the same exhaust no engine light came on.

Thanks for your conservatism......

I was seriously looking @ forking out for DBA 4000 Rotors. Might still do it & keep the OEM for spares........

must say all my dealings with Belconnen mazda have been reasonable. Anyways, we'll see what happens tommorrow. I'll keep you informed.

By the way Disims3 did you get my PM re the SRI?

who do you deal with at belco mazda? As mine and dads cars get serviced there. Never had any issues

Do you work in belconnen by any chance as there is 2 red mps3 kicking around
    Last edited by rfzd; 13-01-2010 at 10:56 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast