User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tyres

Exclamation Tyres

Hey guys, I'm trying to hunt down A tyre of my car.

I unfortunately have 3 screws in my tyre and it can't be repaired. So i have started to hunt down the original tyres. From what i gather it is a Dunlop SP Sport 2050 225/40r18 88y But no luck finding a it on the dunlop site let alone a stockist.

Any ideas to where i can get it, last case scenario is that i have to replace 2 tyres, but i'm not to keen on that because its only 7000kms old.

HELP

Let your fingers do the walking (Yellow Pages). Ring the majors (Jax, Beaurepaires, Bob Jane etc), they'll have them or be able to get one for you within a day.

Shopping for tyres on the net in Australia is a frustrating experience, you're better off just picking up the phone.

looks like thats the case...

sux that i have to be driving on a cheeze wheel for a few days =(

If you ring them and book in tomorrow morning before 10 you should have it by the next day.

Ring Ben at BOB JANE CHERMSIDE and tell him that Rino from OzMpsClub sent you for tyres tell him what you want and let him know that you have a price and was going to buy them somewhere else he may match them or beat the price.... Your not that far away from chermside..

Quote Originally Posted by 240MPS View Post
    Ring Ben at BOB JANE CHERMSIDE and tell him that Rino from OzMpsClub sent you for tyres tell him what you want and let him know that you have a price and was going to buy them somewhere else he may match them or beat the price.... Your not that far away from chermside..
    +1 Rino

I was just about to recommend the same guy, Ben has always told me he can source any tyre you need.
    I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal.........Groucho Marx

7. Default Tyres for Mazda 6 MPS

Hi
    I am lucky enough (not) to be looking for 4 replacement tyres after 38,000kms.
    I have been advised to fit Yokahama C Drive 225 40R 92W at $368 per tyre.
    Any alternatives I should consider? Any comments on price?
    I am in Melb so the contact at Chermside wont help?
    Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by 240MPS View Post
    I wouldn't go anywhere near Bob Jane's - they do not back up their claims - they do not even do what their head offices promises faithfully to have done over and over again. They promised they would have some-one contact me - never happened.
    In the end was the Department of Fair Trading that responded to my complaint after they contacted Bob Jane's - I still haven't heard from the company.

Absolute untrustworthy tyre dealer.

Was a fairly regular customer - not any more

I got quoted from Mazda and a few other tyre places RRP $675/Tyre for the Dunlop Sp Sport 2050, Apparently they haven't been released yet, I ended up gettin 2 new Kumo tyres.

Now whilst i had the new tyres replaced for the rears my husband and the tyre fitter noticed that the front tyres were prematurely wearing, it is worn out on the inside of both front tyres, I'm, for the most part a conserative driver so I'm trying to figure out what is going on and why my tyres are wearing out, after all its done about 6500kms

Any ideas guys?

BTW I don't mind Bob Jane because my brother in law used to work at BJ's in Macgregor.
    Last edited by All Smiles; 05-01-2010 at 12:23 PM.

I 've been buying Tyres form Chemside since 1982 without a hitch...... Put my life on Chermside

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

All Smiles: Bob Jane store can put Nitro into the tyres, I have done that with all of my female friends because they never checked their tyre pressure everyweek with nitro you do it 2 to 3 times a year drive to bob jane and they check it if it needs top up it's free, of course you need to rotate them every 5000k's or everytime you hit a thumping pot hole or gutter ...
    I would get them to do an alignment i would say to see if it's out
    Like sand in the hour glass are the days of my life.

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.
    You will be in our prays
    Leelu.

I have I gut feeling that it's more then just a matter of a wheel allignment and a rotation, I have it booked in any way and I'll follow it up a fortnight later just to see if there is a bigger issue to worry abt

Quote Originally Posted by All Smiles View Post
    I got quoted from Mazda and a few other tyre places RRP $675/Tyre for the Dunlop Sp Sport 2050, Apparently they haven't been released yet, I ended up gettin 2 new Kumo tyres.

Now whilst i had the new tyres replaced for the rears my husband and the tyre fitter noticed that the front tyres were prematurely wearing, it is worn out on the inside of both front tyres, I'm, for the most part a conserative driver so I'm trying to figure out what is going on and why my tyres are wearing out, after all its done about 6500kms

Any ideas guys?

BTW I don't mind Bob Jane because my brother in law used to work at BJ's in Macgregor.
    Story sounds similar - premature wear - not wheel alignment (checked by Bob Janes) - not tyre pressures (regularly checked) - when I asked why the wear, all I got was the "runaround" - just long enough that all the evidence (tyres) was destroyed.
    Many phone calls to Head Office - will get back to me with an answer - didn't and still hasn't happened

BE warned BOB JANE does not stand by his televised guarantee

Quote Originally Posted by rd415 View Post
    Story sounds similar - premature wear - not wheel alignment (checked by Bob Janes) - not tyre pressures (regularly checked) - when I asked why the wear, all I got was the "runaround" - just long enough that all the evidence (tyres) was destroyed.
    Many phone calls to Head Office - will get back to me with an answer - didn't and still hasn't happened

BE warned BOB JANE does not stand by his televised guarantee
    From what i gather the premature wear is from the wheel alignment and cant be fixed without modification to the suspension :/

Ask Mal -Khm001 he will give you the run down
    マツダスピード

14. Default

Wheels, yeh the MPS6 is notorious for uneven tyre wear, the best thing I have found is to get them roatated (and balanced/aligned if needed) every 5000k's to get the most out of your tyres under stock set up

$675! Haha! That's crazy...

Yea it is rediculous, I have 2kumo ku36 semi slicks for just over 500 fitted

Yep that price is just about right for them. They don't last long though

Yea it is rediculous, I have 2kumo ku36 semi slicks for just over 500 fitted

$500 for 4????

Default Re: Tyres

Quote Originally Posted by Royee

$500 for 4????
    No way. That would be each, well rrp anyway.

20. Default

My 3MPS just went in for it's 20,000km service and the guys at Mazda told me my tyres had severe wear on the inside edge....on all 4 wheels! Nothing was picked up at the 10,000km service so I'm amazed that they could have destroyed themselves in the last 10,000kms.
    I give the girl a bit of a squirt now and again but that's mainly in a straight line, don't really go throwing it into corners hard etc.
    I used to own a Series V RX-7 that I really gave it to and I never had this sort of issue. 20,000km and up for new tyres is bordering on ridiculous to me!

Has anyone tried equivalent Yokohama, Continental or other tyres that they would recommend as a replacement?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast