User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rubbish - Meguiar's Nxt Generation Tech Wax 2.0

Default Rubbish - Meguiar's Nxt Generation Tech Wax 2.0

Meguiar's Nxt Generation Tech Wax 2.0: $50.00
    http://www.meguiarsdirect.com/produc...?T1=MEG+G12718
    This product sux. It is so difficult to be buffed off. After using all my muscles with microfibre polish cloth and I can still see the the residue wax on the car's body. Total overpriced and inferior product. MY previous $10 turtle wax was so easy to buff off. My car is black, and it is awful now after the wax, what can I do?

Leather Chamois:
    I also purchased a leather chamois and it turned out worst then my alcheapo armoral chamois. It is difficult to remove water, taking so long to dry my car, and ended up with water marks all over. Also the leather chamois left lots of tiny particles on the car.
    Last edited by Los Palmas7; 02-01-2010 at 11:13 PM.

Wow mate double whammy there, sorry to hear, thanks for the advice

And I nearly bought this stuff on Boxing day, thanks for the tip.....

4. Default

get yourself 2 waffle weave towels, best thing I ever got for drying my black car you will never look at a chamois again

http://www.zas.com.au/product.php?pid=41
    Last edited by blackbetty; 03-01-2010 at 05:42 AM.

I'm pretty sure this wasn't purchased from us?

BTW, most people who have problems with the tech wax are applying it too thick. Maybe I can help you out with your technique to get you better results if you like?

And the leather chamois suck. Waffle Weave is what you need like Blackbetty mentioned.

i use tech wax 2.0 and never have a problem with it,your the first person i've heard that doesn't like it.personally i think its the best stuff around and i also have a black car,maybe you are doing it wrong and some tips from ZAS.

Listening again....

Blog Entries

My aurora blue really came up well after meguiars tech wax
    Get some better application going and be sure to use microfibre to buff off.
    Thin application; I would label this an excellent product that will definitely get the result you want once you've worked around what sounds like application and buffing issues.

Don't use "all your muscles" ever while buffing wax off - you'll mark the paint even with microfibre.

It does sound like you might be leaving a big think layer of the wax on.

Quote Originally Posted by Los Palmas7 View Post
    Meguiar's Direct NXT Generation® Tech Wax® 2.0
    This product sux. It is so difficult to be buffed off. After using all my muscles with microfibre polish cloth and I can still see the the residue wax on the car's body. Total overpriced and inferior product. MY previous $10 turtle wax was so easy to buff off. My car is black, and it is awful now after the wax, what can I do?

Leather Chamois:
    I also purchased a leather chamois and it turned out worst then my alcheapo armoral chamois. It is difficult to remove water, taking so long to dry my car, and ended up with water marks all over. Also the leather chamois left lots of tiny particles on the car.

yeah i used it on Naths car and it was sweet.....Just apply really thinly

Ok, well to solve your first problem of the residue left on the car from previous application is easy fixed. Just reapply it over itself.

For the next application concentrate on 2 things

1. Apply it thin as possible. 1 pea sized amount should do a door for example.
    2. Make sure it dries correctly before you buff it off, or it will smear.

For thin application the easiest way to explain how thin is to take a look a Postman Dan's example of Prima Epic application. The Tech "Wax" is a synthetic wax aka sealant, the same as Prima Epic. This is what it should look like when you apply it

To test if it's dry and ready to buff off you can do what is called the "swipe test". Swipe your finger across a small section. If it wipes off clean under your finger you are ready to buff off. If it leaves an oily streak behind it's still not dry.

How long it takes to dry will depend on the temp/humidity but average in our conditions will be 20-30 minutes.

thank guys. I definitely made mistakes.
    -I applied too thick.
    -I didnt allow enough time to dry.
    Oh no, I will have to repeat the whole process again!! Washing and Waxing

I was so annoyed with the leather chamois and I threw it out straight away.
    Last edited by Los Palmas7; 03-01-2010 at 12:02 PM.

I have used the Meguires NXT Generation wax in the past
    Not the 2.0 version, but i doubt there would be alot different about it
    I didnt have any problems with it at all, it worked a treat for me

Stating the obvious here, had the car been clayed before the wax process ?
    Id imagine it would make a significant difference

Quote Originally Posted by ZAS View Post
    I'm pretty sure this wasn't purchased from us?

BTW, most people who have problems with the tech wax are applying it too thick. Maybe I can help you out with your technique to get you better results if you like?

And the leather chamois suck. Waffle Weave is what you need like Blackbetty mentioned.
    Care to do a "How to" polish a black car?
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    Care to do a "How to" polish a black car?
    That can be done. Our new website should be complete in a few weeks and we will be improving our Detailing Library to include pics and more info on different topics.

When you say "polish" do you want a tutorial on machine polishing and the steps involved with a black car or do you more want a hand polish style tutorial with some kind of pre-wax paint cleaner?

The machine polish would go something like:

1. Claying (if necessary)
    2. Compounding and swirl removal
    3. Finishing Polish
    4. IPA (Isopropyl Alcohol) wipe down
    5. Wax/Sealant

The Pre-wax cleaner polish would just be the clay bar if necessary and then showing how to hand polish (eg. finishing in straight back and forward motions etc)

I'd like some info regarding the best process. I can't machine polish for sh...Like most people.

Can you do pics? Or maybe a Youtube vid?

I'll start a new thread for mine.

Yep can and will do pics. Have thought about the video, but unless it's done professionally I think it will turn out like some of the other low quality videos you see on Youtube where it's difficult to actually see what's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Los Palmas7 View Post
    Meguiar's Direct NXT Generation® Tech Wax® 2.0

Leather Chamois:
    dont use water! hint hint!!
    '
    'BRISBANE AUTOSHINE' MOBILE CAR DETAILING
    1300 35 65 95
    0406 427 269
    antony@autoshine.com.au
    www.autoshine.com.au
    GIFT VOUCHERS AND CLUB DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE**

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Nasa View Post
    dont use water! hint hint!!

19. Default

Funnily enough I used this product on the weekend. I just bought a secondhand red Audi that looked like it had a detail from a 3 year old. I used the following Meguiars products in the order below:

1. clay bar with quick detailer
    2. scratch x
    3. polish
    4. colour boost wax
    5. tech wax 2

Small swirls have disappeared and the shine is killer. Probably didn't need colour boost wax but hey I love wax...

As what everyone else here has been saying, don't use too much of the product
    06 6MPS Radiant Ebony Luxury
    Car sold and dearly missed

Cheers for the heads up m8, wont use either of them

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast