User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rubbish - Meguiar's Nxt Generation Tech Wax 2.0

I highly rate tech wax 2.0....I have used it on many cars

Likewise.. I havent been able to fault it on my old black 180SX, white SSS or the red MPS. Always has given an easy polish off and nice shine.

Even Lynchy polished it off, and he got pewny muscles

can this wax still be used on cars that have had paint protection or stuff like that?

Quote Originally Posted by ZAS View Post
    if you dont use soap and water you wont get the water marks!
    simple... no buckets, no hoses, no mess!! oh and a dry garage floor!!
    winna.. Autoshine Waterless Car Wash
    '
    'BRISBANE AUTOSHINE' MOBILE CAR DETAILING
    1300 35 65 95
    0406 427 269
    antony@autoshine.com.au
    www.autoshine.com.au
    GIFT VOUCHERS AND CLUB DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE**

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Nasa View Post
    simple... no buckets, no hoses, no mess!! oh and a dry garage floor!!
    winna.. Autoshine Waterless Car Wash
    Id rather water marks thanks

why?
    how silly!

why?
    how silly!

Well for one i dont have many water marks so i dont have an issue with them..

And two theres no way i would wash my car without water..you already know i cant get my head around the waterless wash thing....

silly pppffftttt....i dont think so buddy.....

Just make sure you get the compressor out and blow all the water out of the cracks after washing =D lol

ok... like defensive much.. meh.. only my livleyhhood u ripping into.. all good...
    everyone has there own opinions.. but you havent even tried my product... maybe variants.. not mine... not my methods.... not saying this is the be all end all in washing technolagy... but its good for somthing, otherwise my clientlist would not have 350k cars on it... repeatidly, its also good for a polsish applitant too... very versitile!!
    BUDDY!! i dont pay good money to advertise here to get ripped!!

I said i cant get my head around it......where in that sentence am i ripping into you????

I've seen you use it....

People on here have said how awesome it is.......

Oviously it works......

We used to joke about it....now you're so serious.....

Oh wait you probs havent had any sleep now you're a daddy....have you???

male version of PMS....now you know how we feel

yeh sorry.. bad night lolo!! my bad!! not with baby jus fam issues!! anyway...thats not for here!! daddyhood is great... during the day!! nah love him to death...
    hey off topic lol

Sorry to hear that your having family issues

You know i love you Ant

Watermarks can generate from more than just the wash process. And if your process is right they can be avoided anyway.

As for the waterless wash debate, our clients know our opinion.

---------- Post added at 08:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 3mpsblack View Post
    can this wax still be used on cars that have had paint protection or stuff like that?
    You'll have to read the fine print ref. your warrantee but usually it is a case of if you use anything other than their products for maintenance your warrantee is

But...if your paint protection has been on there for say 4-5 months with no maintenance products being used, then most likely the paint protection is gone anyway.

It is just a coating like any other coating on the market. Don't believe most of what the person selling it to you says. It's not a case of them lying to you, they honestly believe it too (I think). They just don't know what they are talking about.

If your paint protection is new and you want to keep it and the warrantee there the process is simple.

1. Buy their maintenance product - you should be able to get some kind of booster product like a spray sealant
    2. Use it periodically
    3. Don't let bird bombs or bugs bake on the paint. Remove them as soon as practicably possible
    4. Make sure you have a good read of your T&C

The key to any good paint protection system is the booster product. Regular maintenance and you'll have no dramas.

Your cheaper waxes may buff off easier but how long will the wax last???
    I use the kittens waxes..... honestly....
    1. They are easy to buff
    2. They look great at the start...
    3. They DONT LAST!.. give it 2 weeks and the wax has worn off...

Im not bothering with cheaper wax's anymore... too much effort to be let down in a few weeks when it stops beading water and the shine has gone and your paint feels like sand paper once again....

Ive only ever heard great things about Tech Wax... From multiple people

Current: 2002 Nissan S15 200SX SPEC R
    Previously: 2006 Mazda 6 MPS ,MY00 WRX CLUB SPEC EVO IV Hatch ,97' Nissan S14A 200sx, Nissan R34 GT-T, Nissan S12 Silvia

hmm in the end it sounds like too much wax was used

Well this isn't much in the way of a tip but the process i do for my MPS, in True Red.

Light water down then with warm water and Bowdens Shampoo Car Wash give it a good clean, then take for a quick spin afterward so drying is a lot quicker, i dry with microfiber towel ill tell you why later.

After that i get some Bowdens Detailer and clay bar it, i used to use Meguiars Quick Detailer but this new works better for me, you just have to work it in alot more.

After that a Polish with AutoGlym Resin polish, when applying use a damp mircofibre so the towel doesn't absorb the moisture from the polish. Once finished the car you let sit for 40 min - 1 hour.

Remove with Mircofibre cloth.

Then i wax it with Zymol Titanium wax, doubt many people have it there is very few tubs of it in Australia.
    Its imported from the US and cost 175 for a 25oish gram tub. But its amazing only apply once a year and you work in with your hands. Its about 80% Kanubra wax (forgot how to spell it). I've had mine for about 2 and a half years so far and used it 6 or 7 times and used about half of the tub.
    Only work into 2 panels then go back and remove with a microfiber cloth from first panel. Then work a new panel with wax and then remove wax from the second panel you did. Basically leave it on a panel for about 5 min before removing.

Then stand back and admire the work lol, takes about 5 hours. You only really need to do this once a year. The effects of the wax mean it never really gets dirty and if it does only a quick 5 min rinse with water is all it needs. Then i dry it with a microfiber cause using leather chamis removes the wax bit by bit. The wax makes the water beed so well that it doesn't even stay on and you'll find that even leaving it in the rain will clean the car.

If you ever need it to be amazing shiny for a display or a show I personally use AutoGlym extra gloss protection and that works amazingly well for me.

James

Hi James, actually I have used Zymol products. Including Titanium. We were considering importing the brand a couple of years ago so I know them well.

The percentages you quoted are incorrect though. Titanium claims 51% carnauba wax. I have personally dabbled in wax making myself and these claims are just marketing so ignore it

The wax doesn't last a year either so I suggest using this product you reapply once every few months to maintain the protection on your MPS. You should try replacing the Autoglym SRP with Zymol's HD-Cleanse. It is a PITA to use but the results are exceptional.

O cool, sorry about figure my mate that got me onto it just said approx, but i think he uses a higher version if possible.

Oven Baked Enamel Services in Ringwood is where i got the product from he showed me the HD-Cleanse but at the time i wasn't interested cause had clay bar and polish.

Thanks for the info, now i know where to ask about Zymol Products .

James

Hey James

What you would have been think re. the percentages is they break the carnauba percentages up also. So it's 51% "by volume" and of that amount 80% is yellow carnauba wax and 20% white. The different coloured carnauba is the different grades. Low grade carnauba is very dark in colour, as you get purer it becomes yellow and then the fully processed stuff is almost white (ivory).

Zymol is a very good brand, but there are plenty of others just as good at a better price point. The smell of Titanium though is awesome. Smells like tanning oil.

Does smell nice , which do you recommend for leather cream on the seats and upholstery (if thats how u spell it :S)?

I'm happy with my knowledge of exterior car care but i've never had leather or been really needing anything apart from a vacuum inside the car.

James

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast