User Tag List

Thread: paint chips, how bad are yours?

Default paint chips, how bad are yours?

As you may know, my 3 is blek, and it's been just over a year since purchase, almost 50k on the clock, and my car is covered in stone chips...

My bonnet is real bad, and thanks to a fukwit gardener at my last job, my drivers side has its fair share of chips too.

Does anyone else notice that the quality of the paint must not be that good for it to chip so easily.... I have had a looot of other cars, ranging from brand new to 30+ years and never had one as bad as this.

However......

It has now helped me make the decision, this time next year, its re-spray time, and time for a new colour scheme!!
    Fuk i hate black sometimes.....

Paints pretty thin.....

Mum drives a white SP25, and her front bumper looks like its a dalmation dog..

My MPS 3 is 2 and a half years old with 28,000km on the clock. I don't have many stone chips at all. Paint quality seems to be pretty good to me. I think I have 2 on the bonnet, 2 on the front bar and a few down the doors.

It depends on a lot of factors though. Eg. you will obviously get more chips if you do a lot of freeway driving, tailgating, driving behind semi trailers, driving on crap road surfaces, etc.

Lovin' driving on the F3 every day!!!! NOT
    Blog Entries

I have now done 76000klm's, My bonnet and front bar has been hammered by stones.

I have also have had two driving lights smashed ($250 a pop), the cause......I was unlucky enough to have done a lot of driving while the F3 was getting upgraded. Shit I even have a couple on the leading edge of the roof. It's a shame 'cause it looks good from afar when I have cleaned and polished it.

ill post a snap of mine about 6 months ago.. one to many mountain runs me thinks...

7. Default

my car is 2.5 years old.. done 50k's

Travelled a few times to the hunter, down south to canberra a few times.. and also once to melb and back to syd.

Front bumper.. = STUFFED.. looks soo shit its not funny.
    Bonnet.. is COVERED in chips... ><"

Paint is pretty shithouse on the mazdas... but thats because of the new style of environmental paint

56,000 kms and many stone chips on the front area of the bonnet, some minor scratches here and there too will probably get some parts resprayed after Adelaide as 6000 kms of country roads will probably hammer it some more!

As a comparison the wife's VW Jetta has 45,000 kms and stone chips are not as bad, less country driving though

Quote Originally Posted by pHiLix View Post
    My MPS 3 is 2 and a half years old with 28,000km on the clock. I don't have many stone chips at all. Paint quality seems to be pretty good to me. I think I have 2 on the bonnet, 2 on the front bar and a few down the doors.

It depends on a lot of factors though. Eg. you will obviously get more chips if you do a lot of freeway driving, tailgating, driving behind semi trailers, driving on crap road surfaces, etc.

Login | Facebook
    not sure if you can acsses this.. give it a go

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Nasa View Post
    Login | Facebook
    not sure if you can acsses this.. give it a go
    Ouch..what happened there? Looks like it got sprayed by something

By the way, love the ride height! What's it sitting on?

It's sitting on king Springs Superlows. The front is a bit to low for comfort though. They sit on the bumpstops with superlows in the front. You need a kidney belt from the bounce. Superlow rears and std low fronts work best.
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

thanks to you troy i now have.. tho yet to be installed!!!

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

was the result of a highspeed run up at QMF last year, note to self dont get to close to cars in front of you!
    i got it sorted thru insurance, they actually replaced the whole front bar and resprayed!
    '
    'BRISBANE AUTOSHINE' MOBILE CAR DETAILING
    1300 35 65 95
    0406 427 269
    antony@autoshine.com.au
    www.autoshine.com.au
    GIFT VOUCHERS AND CLUB DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE**

+1 for way too many stone chips on bumper and bonnet. I'll be getting both resprayed in the near future. I have a couple of small dents on the bonnet 2 but no idea where they came from.

mine is blak also bad choice i say..

blak cars look awesome wen clean but its not worth seein the stone chips and they get the dirty look even quicker! respray for me soon too im thinkin

Quote Originally Posted by 3mpsblack View Post
    mine is blak also bad choice i say..

blak cars look awesome wen clean but its not worth seein the stone chips and they get the dirty look even quicker! respray for me soon too im thinkin
    They don't look so bad from a distance on Cosmic Blue....Still look bloody horrible close up tho
    Turbosmart SU BPV // MZR Performance Intake // Medieval Inlet pipe // Medieval rear engine mount // RKM shifter Bushings // SLS Racepipe // Eyelids

Too many to count

I hardly have any