User Tag List

Thread: Windscreen squeaking

Default Windscreen squeaking

So my windscreen has recently started to squeak when the car is been driven especially when going over bumps (speed bumps and driveways).

Has anyone had this problem before and found the solution?

Thanks in advance!

What the.... Never heard of it but it could be possible I think or not,could it be the dash... Will be interesting when you do find out good luck on your search... Keep us informed..

yeh this is a first, junglist has a squeky dash

Our windscreen makes a minor noise, very minor, and its not a squeak..
    It may be your seat, or dash

Mate mine has only just started doing it - I've just been ignoring it and hoping it goes away...

Mine is a Gen 1, '08 MPS with 6000km on the clock - let me know if you come up with a solution. It's definitely the windscreen or where the windscreen joins the car. Was thinking of taking it into Mazda...

A.

You seem pretty definite that its the windscreen itself. I had a similar squeak on mine but turned out to be the housing where the rear view mirror and seat belt lights are. It was rubbing on the windscreen glass and causing what sounded like a squeak. Bit of adjustment and all's well.

Quote Originally Posted by clarry View Post
    You seem pretty definite that its the windscreen itself. I had a similar squeak on mine but turned out to be the housing where the rear view mirror and seat belt lights are. It was rubbing on the windscreen glass and causing what sounded like a squeak. Bit of adjustment and all's well.
    How did you adjust it to make the sound go away? I thought it was the seat belt light housing as well but I've tried putting pressure on the housing by just pushing it inwards while driving but it still seems to be squeaking unless the squeaking is coming from inside the actual housing.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyMPS3 View Post
    Mate mine has only just started doing it - I've just been ignoring it and hoping it goes away...

Mine is a Gen 1, '08 MPS with 6000km on the clock - let me know if you come up with a solution. It's definitely the windscreen or where the windscreen joins the car. Was thinking of taking it into Mazda...

A.
    Yep I've got a Gen 1 as well but 07 model. I think I should make it clear to everyone that the squeak is not coming from the actual windscreen. Seems like the squeak is occurring in between the windscreen and dash like AndyMPS3 mentioned.

I have a gen1 07 & had the same problems. 3 squeaks in all:
    1: rearview mirror housing rubbing against the windscreen.
    2: sealtbelt height adjustor rattling.
    3: The plannum (i think that's how you spell it) the bit betweem the end of the dashboard & the windscreen.

Took it to Mazda in Belconnen & all was fixed under warranty. They are very common bugs which all Mazda service centres should know about.
    No, problems now..........All if fixed. Hope this helps...

Quote Originally Posted by AndyMPS3 View Post

A.
    **off topic** hey Andy, long time no see!!

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

my mirror fell off the windscreen!!
    , maybe to much bass from that sub! ?? hmmm
    '
    'BRISBANE AUTOSHINE' MOBILE CAR DETAILING
    1300 35 65 95
    0406 427 269
    antony@autoshine.com.au
    www.autoshine.com.au
    GIFT VOUCHERS AND CLUB DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE**

it is not the first.
    i have searched for this on the american forums a few months back and apparently its the cowl (whatever the eff that is) that is around the base of your windscreen wiper?
    i think i small bit of rubber or something in there is supposed to fix it pretty simple.
    though i havent done it haha

Quote Originally Posted by mr nasa View Post
    **off topic** hey andy, long time no see!!

---------- post added at 01:40 pm ---------- previous post was at 01:39 pm ----------

my mirror fell off the windscreen!!
    Wtf, maybe to much bass from that sub! ?? Hmmm
    omg what hasnt happened to your car????

Quote Originally Posted by pHiLix View Post
    How did you adjust it to make the sound go away?
    A little "percussion" adjustment (using my fist) applied to the base of the assembly in a "towards-the-roof" direction. Since then the squeak has not been back.

I also had the seat-belt "squeak" when the car was new. I applied a liberal coating of WD-40 to the mounting bolts of the seat belt assembly where it mounts to the floor pan. That squeak has never been back again either.
    Cheers, Clarry
    Mods: MazdaSpeed CAI, Blue Callipers, Custom Striping ("whiskers"), Garmin Nuvi 760, ScanGauge II, MPS FloorMats

I'm actually down in Sydney at the moment on holidays (without the MPS, have the misses 6 here) but I'll definitely give that "percussion adjustment" a go when I'm home!

Quote Originally Posted by clarry View Post
    A little "percussion" adjustment (using my fist) applied to the base of the assembly in a "towards-the-roof" direction. Since then the squeak has not been back.

I also had the seat-belt "squeak" when the car was new. I applied a liberal coating of WD-40 to the mounting bolts of the seat belt assembly where it mounts to the floor pan. That squeak has never been back again either.
    Haha fair enough

So my windscreen has stopped squeaking now. Haven't heard it for a few days now. Hopefully it pisses off for a long time but I doubt it. I think it'll come back sooner or later.

Yeah my seat belt assembly was squeaking as well. I did the exact same with WD-40, the squeak seems to of went away now.