User Tag List

Thread: Rev Limiter

Default Rev Limiter

So i was driving around on the country roads tonight enjoying the new SRI. I was giving the car heaps and revving it out as usual. Now with the old air intake there was a soft curve when the revs got past 6k that made me change as it was a waste going further. The new intake seems to keep the power going longer and as a result i was shifting later.

One shift i revved the crap out it and i ASSUME i hit the rev limiter, which is something i have never done before. Either that or i have broken something. Anyway i expected the limiter to be pretty soft and the revs to just bounce off it, this was like hitting a roo or something....just BAM! SCREW YOU MATT NO POWER FOR YOU!

So for those of you who have paid the limiter a visit, was it the limiter i hit or something else?

Yeah, that's the limiter

Quote Originally Posted by MPSMatt View Post
    BAM! SCREW YOU MATT NO POWER FOR YOU!

CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

wudnt know... lol

I don't think the limiter is that hard. It's mild compared to a TX3 Laser limiter. Mine used to shut the car down, right back to idle. But, yes, that would be the limiter.

I think you would be making more power, yes, but, you wouldn't be making power to the limiter that's for sure. I suspect that your car, along with every other MPS would start to drop off in power around the 5000-5200rpm mark.