User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What handy features do you wish the MPS came standard with?

Default What handy features do you wish the MPS came standard with?

As the title suggests, what convenience/cosmetic/other features do you think your 3MPS or 6MPS should have come out of the factory with? It could be something you found handy in a previous car that you've found is noticably absent in your MPS.

A few thoughts to get the ball rolling:

1. The ability for the car to not start if it is in gear and/or only if you have your foot on the clutch. I've had two mates start my car while it was in gear and it leapt forward, in one instance it nearly ended in tears and damaged bumpers. Both these mates drive manual Commodores and both their cars will not start unless the clutch is disengaged. If Holden can implement this, why can't Mazda.

2. Remote boot release on the key

3. A decent-looking exhaust outlet instead of the fake rings. If Mazda went ot the trouble of integrating the exhaust into the bumper why make it look so cheap? Looks awwwwful.

4. Has anyone noticed how narrow the standard rims/rubber look inside the wheel arch, especially from behind and slightly side on? Check out the pic below to see what I mean (looking at the pics in full size gives a better idea). It shows my Dad's car and mine. Dad has standard rims with standard 215/45 tyres, I have RX-8 rims with 235/40 tyres. If Mazda had widened the offset of the standard rims a little I think it would improve the stance of the car quite a bit. Or maybe used 8" width rims instead and slightly wider rubber.

Better looking exhaust tips on the MPS 6

a better horn on the 3! my wimpy merc A160s horn is tuffer

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nickows View Post
    As the title suggests, what convenience/cosmetic/other features do you think your 3MPS or 6MPS should have come out of the factory with? It could be something you found handy in a previous car that you've found is noticably absent in your MPS.

A few thoughts to get the ball rolling:

1. The ability for the car to not start if it is in gear and/or only if you have your foot on the clutch. I've had two mates start my car while it was in gear and it leapt forward, in one instance it nearly ended in tears and damaged bumpers. Both these mates drive manual Commodores and both their cars will not start unless the clutch is disengaged. If Holden can implement this, why can't Mazda.

2. Remote boot release on the key

3. A decent-looking exhaust outlet instead of the fake rings. If Mazda went ot the trouble of integrating the exhaust into the bumper why make it look so cheap? Looks awwwwful.

4. Has anyone noticed how narrow the standard rims/rubber look inside the wheel arch, especially from behind and slightly side on? Check out the pic below to see what I mean (looking at the pics in full size gives a better idea). It shows my Dad's car and mine. Dad has standard rims with standard 215/45 tyres, I have RX-8 rims with 235/40 tyres. If Mazda had widened the offset of the standard rims a little I think it would improve the stance of the car quite a bit. Or maybe used 8" width rims instead and slightly wider rubber.

even hyundia getz have the clutch start gizmo...
    '
    'BRISBANE AUTOSHINE' MOBILE CAR DETAILING
    1300 35 65 95
    0406 427 269
    antony@autoshine.com.au
    www.autoshine.com.au
    GIFT VOUCHERS AND CLUB DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE**

I had a 5 minute think and couldn't come up with anything extra I'd want on the Gen 1 3 MPS Fat Pack. It's got enough for me

More power?

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    More power?
    When I bought it...nahh thought I was gonna wrap myself around a tree in it for the first 6 months so the power was adequate.

Now thanks to Mazda's "updates" and being used to the car, yeah, more power!

A better LSD and better suspension, but, for the same price.

Navigation as standard.. but i was always wandering why cant manufacturers put in gps with interfaces similar to garmin/tomtom (i.e. 3D mapping)... even the best cars have the crappy GPS with lines for roads and a dot for where ur car is.. very cheap looking interface lol

I think mazda put all the new gizmos in the Gen2 3MPS.

Sat Nav, Bi Xenon, Adaptive Front Headlights, 10 spk Bose, auto dimming mirror, keyless start and entry

But im happy with the basics in my Gen1.

Happy Motoring
    duglet

3MPS, all wheel drive. But keep the weight down..

Being a sporty car, why not make the shell strong enough to support a factory sunroof in the MPS3? Seems even the Gen 2 MPS3 has the same issue as Gen 1 in regards to this. It can be done but it's "not recommended". Very annoying!

better sounding horn!!!Gen 2 one is so wimpy and girly that im too embarrassed to use it

Heated seats - some o/s models have it so not sure why we cant.

Big Sat Nav/Multimedia screen like the J-Spec version

Push start

horn now has 2 votes

Have you heard the horn on a Ferrari? Sounds so gay it's not funny... (not that there's anything wrong with that )
    Think of it as a little Ferrari (True Red owners only)

Flamethrowers?

Quote Originally Posted by DISIMS3 View Post
    Flamethrowers?
    Cat delete pipes will remedy this problem you have.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    Cat delete pipes will remedy this problem you have.
    I'm still waiting for a prototype

im RSA cars have flamethrowers as antitheft!

For the Gen 1 MPS 3:

* AWD so power on the first couple of gears can be unrestricted
    * Trip computer
    * Bluetooth
    * Boost gauge (although not many cars come out with this as standard)
    Last edited by pHiLix; 29-12-2009 at 10:08 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast