User Tag List

Thread: Gen2 Stereo/Sound Issues????

1. Default Gen2 Stereo/Sound Issues????

2nd time this has happened to me now and from memory both times it was raining (not sure why that should have anything to do with it)..

Pretty much turn the car on, stereo starts up as per usual then a few seconds later all the sounds goes off. the stereo doesn't respond to any button pushes etc. the bluetooth audio buttons no longer work. nor does the speech on the gps.

Turn the power off on the car.. turn it back on and the stero works fine again for about 10 seconds. rinse and repeat.

no error is shown visually. and i can still insert/remove cd's. car is stock standard luxury model & 1 month old.

any ideas? or it's on the phone to mazda for me??

sounds like a warranty issue.....use the phone tomorrow

No probs like that with mine mate.

Better make that call.

I would be making a visit...stuff the call.

Just rock down to mazda...get one of the service ppl out and show them.

If you can...use your phone or video camera and record this happening....

So you can show them...if the problem doesnt happen tomorrow.

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Good point doug, I can never seem to re-enact anything when it comes time to show Mazda... might use this tactic in future.

6. Default

haha thanks guys... reason i posted is that i knew it would be working fine in the morning.

got in the car this morning and no probs at all!! seeing it's the second time it's happened i know it will occur again. just hope it's not one of those things that only happens when i'm looking ......

camera will be ready for next time will still have a chat with them either way..

I would take it in anyway, just so they are aware of it in case it happens in future (and hopefully not that far into the future that you've run out of warranty). They may have already come across a similar issue. Just a thought

8. Default

yeah have booked her in for tomorrow morning.. will see what happens.

9. Default

took the car in this morning for mazda to have a look at. they couldn't find anything wrong after trying a few things to fault it (as i expected).

however they are still ordering & installing a new unit and for me which i'm happy with. good customer service i must say

Stereo issues?!?!?!

..thats should be the last of your worries, what about the awful look of the GenII...thats the real issue!

Quote Originally Posted by tonks39 View Post
    took the car in this morning for mazda to have a look at. they couldn't find anything wrong after trying a few things to fault it (as i expected).

however they are still ordering & installing a new unit and for me which i'm happy with. good customer service i must say
    Mate I can see that you're in Western Sydney, where the hell did you find good customer service, and don't say McGrath Liverpool please.

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    Stereo issues?!?!?!

..thats should be the last of your worries, what about the awful look of the GenII...thats the real issue!

haha, you see i turn the stereo up real loud then it drowns out the sound of everyone laughing at me as i drive past

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mpsJOE View Post
    Mate I can see that you're in Western Sydney, where the hell did you find good customer service, and don't say McGrath Liverpool please.

Blacktown mate.. only been there for my 1K service and then again this morning but guess i have no complaints with them so far. will continue to service it there until that changes

What if the Bose amp is at fault??? Might not be the head unit??

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mymps3 View Post
    What if the Bose amp is at fault??? Might not be the head unit??
    agree with u..

but can only go on what they tell and offer me.. if it plays up again i'll take it back again.. told them that i could still load/eject cd's while the problem happened..

the problem is intermittent. happened twice since i got the car (was working when i took it to them). possibly only electrical. but they've taken action at least so i'm happy for the time being..

Blacktown West End is pretty good service I must also say. My floor mats were the standard Mazda 3 mats and I got them to change it over straight away for the MPS mats :] although not a warranty issue or anything, they didn't try and palm it off to anyone else.

16. Default

ok this is gonna sound silly.. but i sorted the prob this afternoon.. happened again on the drive home from work today. thought to myself that there must be something causing this. and all of a sudden thought bluetooth & my phone.

went back out to the car.. turned stereo back on and sure enough, all sound turned off within about 10 secs (enough time for it to associate with the phone). turned bluetooth off on the phone and booyah!! sound comes back on.

so all along it's probably my phone that was playing up.. couldn't use the voice control thru the car.. so did a test to dial out manually via the phone.. then the car audio picked up from there and was ringing. hung up the phone, and the sound worked perfectly from there on in.

i tend to turn bluetooth on and off during the day as i feel that it drains the battery on my phone :P .. so obviously it decides at times that it doesn't want to cooperate.

can't believe i didn't think of it earlier.

hahahahah i had that problem today but it was my iphone haha

18. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mickee View Post
    hahahahah i had that problem today but it was my iphone haha
    haha thanks.. shoulda given me a heads up earlier

if the iphone is anywhere near as unreliable as my htc piece of then expect more of it!

my phone randomly decides to turn itself off.
    randomly decides that all the sound files are corrupt, therefore no sounds work (requires reboot to fix).
    randomly refuses to alert you of new messages until you open up the messaging app, upon which you will recieve them all at once (most of the time from the day before )

and now randomly decides to make the car think it's on a call of some sort, turning all other audio off in the process.

so as you can see, i'm blaming my phone rather than the car.. can't wait till work upgrades me to the new one.

I have my MPS3 serviced at Blacktown West End and I'm very happy with them. They even wash the car after every service. One time the guy who washes the cars was on holiday until the following week, so I suggested I take my car back when he started work again-no problem, took it back and they washed it for free!