User Tag List

Thread: Mazdaspeed 6 cornering

1. Default Mazdaspeed 6 cornering

i would like to ask you guys ,whati is your feeling cornering with your mazdaspeed 6??
    do you have the feeling of understeer,oversteer,neutrality?
    behind my steering wheel of course(like you)i ve sensed all these!

do you think that the mps 6 is better than other awd systems??i suppose so...the only exception is evo!awd system of evo s is one click above all!

what about if you need to take an open curve with many kilometeres in your speedometer?
    sometimes i feel that the back place wants to pass by the front!!lol lol lol!!
    that scares me a little!upsolutely is the rigiht thing to oversteer but there are times you need to feel a neutrality when taking the curve!!

so,what are your opinions on this?ever felt not safe under mazdaspeed 6 steering wheel?
    www . mazdaspeedclub .gr

I've never felt not safe in the MPS6, but I must admit that the tyres made a huge difference in the handling.

The original stock Bridgestones were awful in comparison to the new tyres, but having said that I didn't think the Bridgestones were bad at all until I fitted new tyres.

It is very hard to say whether the it oversteers or understeers as I really haven't found a situation where the car oversteered. Some slight understeer, but usually caused by driver error.

3. Default

i agree with you my friend!!
    menntionig potenzas you awaked me holy shit situations!!!lol lo lol lol lol lol !!

on wet-->one of the worst tires!!generally a good tire but only on dry and for around 10.000 kms!!

so,now i buyed Vredestein Ultrac sessanta and i feel much more safer!!!!on the wet i feel like a train!!nothing can take me off the road!!on the dry you cant just think about oversteer!they are brand new but the difference is easy to feel it!

my conclusion??POTENZA NO MORE!!!!!!
    www . mazdaspeedclub .gr

I have had my rear end almost at the front before.....but that was in a FWD 3MPS.

I think the potenza tyres were ok...just needed to be a different size.

Happy Motoring
    duglet

5. Default

indeed duglet!!!forgot to mention that i now wear 225-40-18 in the 18x7 mps rims!!
    pretty much difference!!

Old set-up Understeer for me when pushed hard with stock shocks, lowering springs and 225/40/18, though back to neutral very quickly when you back off.

Neutral to light understeer when pushed hard changed to Cusco coilovers and now back on stock Potenzas. Will oversteer with DSC off.

Never been in a scary situation yet, though with DSC off on wet roads it slides/drifts very nicely

Quote Originally Posted by Nasos Mazdaspeed 6 View Post
    indeed duglet!!!forgot to mention that i now wear 225-40-18 in the 18x7 mps rims!!
    pretty much difference!!
    I have been using 225/40 R18 on my stock MPS rims too...ever since OEM tyres wore out...

Now on my second set of 225 with no problems...big difference from 215/40

Happy Motoring
    duglet