User Tag List

Thread: 02 sensor

1. Question 02 sensor

Just wondering if any of you guys have the 02 sensor go on you. this is the second time its happened. but the only good thing is that mazda allways foots the bill. bank 1 senor it is. running lean on idle, asked mazda why this keeps occouring and he said they a well known for this. the cause is when you have ya foot on the gas back it off then feed it the fat the ecu trys to dump more fuel in causing the senor to read faulty. i have no exhuast leaks plus i have put heat rap around the sensor cable to help. i have a code budy now that i can clear and check codes any other ideas peoples. oh live 300km away from nearest mazda dealer. also seams to sputtler all the time and back fires very now and then. what to do i wonder not really worried just more peved off. any in put would be great.

Blog Entries

I've been told mine needs replacing, but it hasn't been replaced yet. No CELs, just running a bit rough.

3. Default

I've just had my o2 sensor die this weekend. Error code P0138 continuous on start-up. Looks like I'm off to Mazda for a replacement.. Not happy Jan

I think my second 02 sensor is on the way out again.
    Same as last time --- starting to idle rough --- and feels like it is loosing power

5. Default

yeah, mines been idling rough (when hot) for a while now, and not as much powah. I wonder how long Maz will take to get a replacement sensor?

yeah, mines been idling rough (when hot) for a while now, and not as much powah. I wonder how long Maz will take to get a replacement sensor?
    I waited 2 weeks last September. They said it had to come from Melbourne.
    Eventually it will drive like you have no turbo.
    They run that rich that I nagged them into replacing the cat too.
    Which they had to do anyway as they stripped the thread on the sensor

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by philbie13 View Post
    Just wondering if any of you guys have the 02 sensor go on you. this is the second time its happened. but the only good thing is that mazda allways foots the bill. bank 1 senor it is. running lean on idle, asked mazda why this keeps occouring and he said they a well known for this. the cause is when you have ya foot on the gas back it off then feed it the fat the ecu trys to dump more fuel in causing the senor to read faulty. i have no exhuast leaks plus i have put heat rap around the sensor cable to help. i have a code budy now that i can clear and check codes any other ideas peoples. oh live 300km away from nearest mazda dealer. also seams to sputtler all the time and back fires very now and then. what to do i wonder not really worried just more peved off. any in put would be great.
    What was the error code you got?