User Tag List

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Best tyres for 3MPS's

1. Default Best tyres for 3MPS's

Well, after dabbling a bit in a whole range of tyres (from 20's to 18's) I cant say enough about my new set of Bridgestone Adrenalins. I went with the 225/40/18's and they are unbelivably noise free and grippy!

Blog Entries

Pics of wheels or ban!

3. Default

Yes Sir!
    Last edited by Wardski; 09-08-2009 at 06:37 PM.

Blog Entries

Looks pretty round.

Quote Originally Posted by shinslinger66 View Post
    Looks pretty round.
    :lol:

Happy Motoring
    duglet

How do they go for sidewall flex??

After burning around QR today, the Hankooks flex waaay too much when quite hot. They are a 225/40 also

7. Default

No side wall flex at all at 40psi. I'm totally stoked with them. And they're quiet too

Blog Entries

No I meant pics of your 20"s!!

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by armthehomeless View Post
    No I meant pics of your 20"s!!
    Does that mean i'm banned? Can't you see the 20's in my avitar?

Blog Entries

Yeah - but we want big pics!

Jeev - cut and paste your tyre review from the other place That was a good rundown.

Which tyre review? lol. I've done so many on OMC now:

RE050A
    V103
    RT-615
    Proxes4

Well Jeev...

You seem to know your tyres when it comes to MPS....

Are we on the 5th set yet...

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Quote Originally Posted by duglet View Post
    Well Jeev...

You seem to know your tyres when it comes to MPS....

Are we on the 5th set yet...

Happy Motoring
    duglet
    It scares me that you keep count of my tyres Yep, 5th set. Maybe... I'm happy to take suggestions and try new tyres out for people if they want. I need tyres and people need to know what's good or not. So we all win. Ok, who's got some suggestions for set number 6? Any takes?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jeev View Post
    Which tyre review? lol. I've done so many on OMC now:

RE050A
    V103
    RT-615
    Proxes4
    Post them all up!

The more info we have here the better
    2014 Mk7 Golf R | DSG | Reflex Silver | Leather | Drive Assist | Bi-Xenon Headlights
    1981 Lincoln Town Car | Auto | 80s Cream | 90s brown interior | 5.0L V8 | Currently no working headlights

16. Default

It scares me that you keep count of my tyres Yep, 5th set. Maybe... I'm happy to take suggestions and try new tyres out for people if they want. I need tyres and people need to know what's good or not. So we all win. Ok, who's got some suggestions for set number 6? Any takes?
    I reckon you should try the Bridgestone Adrenalins mate. I give them a 9/10. Go with the 225/40/18's. 4 of the sweetest donuts I've ever had the pleasure of driving on

Unfortunately the Adrenalins changed country of origin earlier this year, and from what I've been seeing and hearing. The one that comes to mind is on the MX-5 forums, the new Adrenalins are a fair notch below the old ones. I'd give them a go, but here's the thing....

.... I think Bridgestones are horribly hyped and over-rated tyres (As far as cars go anyway, because BATLAX bike tyres are brilliant.), and although they're good, they're never as good as journos and other people make them out to be, and they're definitely not worth the money charged for them. Having said that, I'm ahead of my budget this year, so I'll spend the extra, just to satisfy my own curiosity. Next set of tyres is about 13 weeks away. Watch this space.

I think perhaps the downside to this will be the fact that 225/45 R18s are the size I put on my car, and are likely to have more flex in the sidewalls.

EDIT* Ah I see on the Bridgy site that not all sizes are manufactured in Aus. Anyway I'll get some quotes and see how they go. It's a good looking tread pattern and I'm a big fan of the continuous blacks and void ratio.
    Last edited by Jeev; 13-11-2008 at 08:49 AM.

18. Default

Unfortunately the Adrenalins changed country of origin earlier this year, and from what I've been seeing and hearing. The one that comes to mind is on the MX-5 forums, the new Adrenalins are a fair notch below the old ones. I'd give them a go, but here's the thing....

.... I think Bridgestones are horribly hyped and over-rated tyres (As far as cars go anyway, because BATLAX bike tyres are brilliant.), and although they're good, they're never as good as journos and other people make them out to be, and they're definitely not worth the money charged for them. Having said that, I'm ahead of my budget this year, so I'll spend the extra, just to satisfy my own curiosity. Next set of tyres is about 13 weeks away. Watch this space.

I think perhaps the downside to this will be the fact that 225/45 R18s are the size I put on my car, and are likely to have more flex in the sidewalls.

EDIT* Ah I see on the Bridgy site that not all sizes are manufactured in Aus. Anyway I'll get some quotes and see how they go. It's a good looking tread pattern and I'm a big fan of the continuous blacks and void ratio.

Theres a great article in the latest MOTOR mag on a large range of tyres.

The Adrenalins are made in Japan, and they are MOTOR's No. 1 rated tyre!!!

And I agree with the test. They are damn good!

I've had the Maxxis MA-Z1's 235/40/18 on for a few days now. Too soon to tell as I've only really been doing short trips to work and back but they ride with comfort and are quiet at this stage.

Nevermind Guest

Don't forget to quote prices too....

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast