User Tag List

Thread: Help please! New to this!

Default Help please! New to this!

Hi all, whilst I have had plenty of cars in the past and quite a few of them nice ones, I have always kept the paint work in excellent condition with just a regular car wash by hand.

But I want to know if there is more I can do. I have a Gen 2 MPS 3 and being Black I did have the guys put the paint, fabric, rust and leather protection on.

Re the exterior paint, what is the best thing to do to keep her in mint condition?

Hey Andy,

Check this thread out, has some pretty good steps in how to DIY paint protect your ride! Not sure of the best interior protectants, but am sure Joel from ZAS has some good products available. FYI I've just ordered and received the paint protection kit, which I'll be doing in the new year
    Cheers
    Chris

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/zen-a...ction-kit.html
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

Thanks Shakespeare, I already have the paint protection as done by Vehicle Protection Systems in Perth. I don't want to do anything that will jeoparise the warranty that comes with this paint protection. I have asked them the question as well, so will see what they recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by Perth Andy View Post
    Thanks Shakespeare, I already have the paint protection as done by Vehicle Protection Systems in Perth. I don't want to do anything that will jeoparise the warranty that comes with this paint protection. I have asked them the question as well, so will see what they recommend.
    Hey Andy

What went on your car at the dealership is basically like a car wash. I'm being a bit judgemental here, but, I ummed and ahhed about the whole "omg its a dealership protection system, it must be good" kinda thing.

What I learnt from people on here, is that its nothing more than an overpriced gimmick. They take your $2k and wack something on it that cost $50.

The Prima Stuff that Lynchy speaks of is great.

I've used it, swear by it, and will only use that on my car.
    2015 Audi S3 | MTX | Sedan | Sepang Blue | Sunroof | SPP1 | Assistance Package | BW - Week 17 | Delivery June/July '15... Hopefully...

Help support OzMPSClub - Become a VIP Member today! - Click here for more details...

Quote Originally Posted by Perth Andy View Post
    Hmmm if you already have the paint protection and want to keep the protection warranty then washing is about all you can do and taking it to them annually for their recoat! Using their special washes sometimes helps to keep it looking good. I have the Defence Pak protection applied by Beam car detailing on mine (bought this from the dealer as I've had it on 2 other Mazda's and it works ok, plus I'm a bit lazy with polishing) Anyway for the last 3 years it's been great but after about 6-9 months the special sparkle it has when first coated is gone, still looks great however, just not brilliant.

So this is what prompted me to try the Prima products from ZAS, will see how I go when I apply this in January, but judging from PostManDan's results and others it should look pretty damn nice

If you already have the protection then stick with it and maybe ask the place who put it on what sort of maintenance they recommend!
    Cheers
    Chris
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

Hi Andy,

Basically what you have purchased as paint protection is a polymer sealant. Besides the price, the worst thing about these paint protection packs is people don't really understand it.

Many believe it is a miracle product applied, that is there for the life of the car even though you can't see it. Like an extra "clear coat". It's not. To keep it, you'll need to maintain it. And to keep your warrantee you'll need to maintain it with their products.

They should have these products available to you that will basically "top up" your protection as you use them. If you let the sealant sit on it's own 3-4 months from now it will be gone.