User Tag List

Thread: Prima Nero Review

Default Prima Nero Review

Prima Nero is a product I use on my tyres, dash and trim (inside and out). We first considered stocking this product because of the factory finish it provides.

A lot of products out there leave you trim glossy and oily. I "personally" don't like this kind of look and prefer to keep things looking as close to they did the day I bought it. The same goes with my tyres. Some people like to gloss up their tyres, I prefer to keep them looking like new rubber than a glazed donut.

Blog Entries

How long does it last on the tires?

I don't like glossy look either especially on the tyres
    How long does it last on tyres and how much please

I have been applying it weekly. To be honest, to keep it looking like that picture you need to do it weekly from my experience. Especially with all the rain that has been around. The dash however was applied 2 weeks ago and I wouldn't do it any more than monthly.

We have a new product on the way from the US though that is a permanent solution called Forever Black. Nero can be applied over the top of forever black to give it that slight wet look, but when the Nero wears off your tyres will still be black rather than that grey colour they go.

Nero is $25.65 with the forum discount for 16oz (473ml)
    Last edited by ZAS; 14-12-2008 at 01:31 PM.

I'm going to do a weekly review on this product as it's holding up better than I expected. Photo comparisons with this weekends wash.

Will also be doing a Forever Black VS Black WOW test on a couple of exterior plastics that have been abused by me!

Nevermind Guest

good stuff, keep the reviews coming

Blog Entries

Very interested to see how the black stuff goes.

Default Nero Update

Here is my first update on Nero with regards to tyre durability.

Date Last Applied: 20/12/2008
    Review Date: 31/12/2008
    Total km travelled since last application: 1455km
    Total km travelled on tyres: 4604km
    Number of washes since application: 1 - Prima Mystique, Laitner Wheel Brush

Before washing the tyres looked pretty ordinary. I did a bit of travelling over the Christmas break through some crap weather. The dirt was noticable and the tyres had taken a slight brown colour. I washed using the left over suds and this Laitner Brush and the end result was the picture below. One thing to note is that my tyres have only travelled 4600km and I have cared for them from day 1.

Second review on Nero for tyre durability

Date last applied: 20/12/2008
    Review Date: 04/01/2009
    Total km travelled since last application: 2247
    Total km travelled on tyres: 5396
    Number of washes since application: 2: Prima Mystique+Laitner Wheel Brush (1), Nerta Carnet Jumbo+High Pressure Gerni (1)

Still no letting up. Now even I'm surprised

Blog Entries

What is that now- 15 days?

Looks great- I get about 3 days out of my crap product...lol

Yeah mate 15 days. This is a new product for us so comes as quite a surprise to me. Other tyre dressings I've tested in the past have been like you said. Only last days.

Hi guys,

After a wash last night and an inspection this morning I feel the tyres are ready for another application of the Prima Nero.

So under my driving conditions the product lasted 1 month, almost 8000km and 3 washes.

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZAS View Post
    I have been applying it weekly. To be honest, to keep it looking like that picture you need to do it weekly from my experience. Especially with all the rain that has been around. The dash however was applied 2 weeks ago and I wouldn't do it any more than monthly.

We have a new product on the way from the US though that is a permanent solution called Forever Black. Nero can be applied over the top of forever black to give it that slight wet look, but when the Nero wears off your tyres will still be black rather than that grey colour they go.

Nero is $25.65 with the forum discount for 16oz (473ml)
    Ive got a Forever Black product for my tyres, its a tyre gel and has an applicator pad too, u put the gel on the applicator spongs pad thing and rub it on your tyres ... works a treat
    Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face

I know the Forever Black products. We sell the bumper and trim reconditioning kit. I haven't stocked the tyre gel as I got the feeling it left a real glossy finish which I don't like. Is that the case?

I have considered getting it, but I don't really like stocking items I can't recommend to customers, even if it is just due to my own taste

15. Default

I dont think it leaves a real glossy wet looking finish like other tyre products Ive tried, I will post a pic for you this weekend after I clean car and do my tyres