User Tag List

Thread: MPS6 wheel options

Smile MPS6 wheel options

Looking for a some wheel suggestions..maybe with photos for my black mps6...reeli desperate but lost for ideas

Any fotos u guys have of mps6 with aftermarket rims and what type they are wil be greatly appreciated...

looking for some rims that look sporty, but classy if u get what i mean...let me know...

Thanks guys

Hmm quite a few of us have changed our wheels, Blackbetty, Shinslinger, KMH001, T4orce, KovMPS, Geo4ge, Nickows, RD414, Teedee, Penguin740, Latool, Luke and the list goes on, I'm sure I've missed some, have a look through their Mazspace most have images up Here's mine anyway

CSA Motorvatr 18x7.5 (for sale)

Stock painted black

Hope this helps a little
    Chris
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

Everyone is telling me to keep the stock wheels!!! Annoying as i think they are ok but some polished lip black centre rims would look much better..... apparently not according to me brother and other mates.....
    weird.

4. Default

No I wouldnt keep the stock wheels (me just personally I hated them and the tyre options suck, they only look good painted black IMO and on a red 6 )

I would definately go for something tough looking dark with polished lip like

Tforces http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/membe...-6-mps-wa.html

or Shinslingers

Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face

Powder coat the stockers, $120 for all 4 at Avantech coatings on muller road, then if you still dont like them, put them on ebay.

ROH Mantis,

THese are actually Shadow Chrome, I have no idea why they appear silver in the pic.

I actually HATED these rims when they brought out and havnt seen a car with them fitted that looks good! Terrible choice mate!

.... is what i would have said before i seen the pics...

THAT LOOKS MAGIC! Fantastic rim for the 6!! Suits perfectly! You say you have the shadow chrome ones, well if thats the case im sure it would look even better in the flesh.
    Good work mate

Quote Originally Posted by Jegi#5 View Post
    ROH Mantis,

THese are actually Shadow Chrome, I have no idea why they appear silver in the pic.

Current: 2002 Nissan S15 200SX SPEC R
    Previously: 2006 Mazda 6 MPS ,MY00 WRX CLUB SPEC EVO IV Hatch ,97' Nissan S14A 200sx, Nissan R34 GT-T, Nissan S12 Silvia

Cheers mate,

Definately are shadow chrome in the flesh, those two pics for some reason, they just come up looking silver.

9. Default

hi if you buy new rims can i buy our old stock mps6 rims ?

Mate, as an option you could go the stock RIMS painted black. Obviously if money is no object then by all means get a 19" RIM that best compliments the delicate details of the 6. Personally I don't really like shiny or chrome rims. Some comofalcons look ridiculous with their 'bling' rims! Even though that would have spent easy 3K to get them on the car. As I said, just an option as I'm sure anything you end up deciding on will look great

For info...

Stock rims two-pack-painted - looking around $150+/- a rim depending from place to place
    Red Calliper paint was around $14.00 a tin
    New tyres set me back just over $1000.00 (dependant on brands etc)

I would recommend getting a new set of rims when you need new tyres. If you got plenty of tread wait a while and save a bit of cash

many thanks to Chris Shakespeare as I got the black rims off him

Sorry for the dodgy pic, it was on a phone camera and kinda had bad lighting. A good shot would show the shine of the black wheel and the hot red calliper which would look better, attached the pic just to give an idea.

This shot the lighting was a little better to show the gloss-like finish

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers