User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Nick dalton cns post motoring editor previews mps 3 madaz !!!!!

This is sounding more and more like the next script for fast and furious.

What i want to know is what the hell is up with the dyno operators in Qld?
    600+nm at the wheels, up from 380 at the fly. With only those mods and such a relative low increase in power, what a load of crap.
    My mate also from qld claims he is getting 800NM at all four according to a dyno on a GSR lancer.
    It is not possible.
    Somebody is not operating the dyno properly.
    Its not possible to compare two cars that way without them both being mesured the same way on the same dyno

This is an argument i've had many many times. Its all about theoretical performance gains. People add up all the advertised claimed power gains by a modification and think that is what they are actually getting. Doesn't work like that.

Quite simply
    Col, are you happy with your car?
    2XS, are you happy with your car?
    Magoo, are you happy with your car?

Yes?

Then so be it.
    Enjoy

2. Default

what about me Im happy with my car too

Quote Originally Posted by bd581 View Post

No, this is why I'm still modifying my car. If I become content, it's time to sell.

Well mine is stock basically and I still pulled 162.2Kw and with 116000kms on the clock.

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Smile Yes i am stoked thanks bd 581 !!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bd581 View Post
    This is sounding more and more like the next script for fast and furious.

What i want to know is what the hell is up with the dyno operators in Qld?
    600+nm at the wheels, up from 380 at the fly. With only those mods and such a relative low increase in power, what a load of crap.
    My mate also from qld claims he is getting 800NM at all four according to a dyno on a GSR lancer.
    It is not possible.
    Somebody is not operating the dyno properly.
    Its not possible to compare two cars that way without them both being mesured the same way on the same dyno

This is an argument i've had many many times. Its all about theoretical performance gains. People add up all the advertised claimed power gains by a modification and think that is what they are actually getting. Doesn't work like that.

Quite simply
    Col, are you happy with your car?
    Magoo, are you happy with your car?

Yes?

Then so be it.
    Enjoy
    You have made some very valid points and reestablished some balance thank you
    Col
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by duglet View Post
    Well mine is stock basically and I still pulled 162.2Kw and with 116000kms on the clock.

Happy Motoring
    duglet
    Your really racking up the k's there dug

With regard to Col's article. I think he has been clear about the differences between what was said and what was published. We're all on the same team here and I think it's safe to say we all love our rides.

It's good to see things heat up here at times (makes for great reading) just try to keep it friendly and be constructive guys. Hopefully we'll get to see a race between some of Australia's quickest MPS's in the near future. Let's make it about fun though

Col. I know first hand that you're a fantastic driver and that you've driven Madaz off the clock. Your well respected up here and you don't need to prove anything.
    Turbosmart SU BPV // MZR Performance Intake // Medieval Inlet pipe // Medieval rear engine mount // RKM shifter Bushings // SLS Racepipe // Eyelids

Blog Entries

As requested by the original poster

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234