User Tag List

Thread: CEL after downpipe install - P0140

Default CEL after downpipe install - P0140

hey everyone,

so i got a CEL after putting on an aftermarket downpipe, which i was expecting anyway

except, this isnt the code that you are expected to get - usually its some code about the cat efficiency, but this is about the rear o2 not working

the downpipe has a cat, and i am sure the sensor isnt damaged - the dashhawk shows that the sensor is consistently relaying 20mV/25mV

i think the workshop manual says that under normal operating conditions, it should relay 0.1V

anyone had any similar issues or know what i can do to trick the sensor?

any help appreciated, thanks

2. Default

Which type of DP is it.

- Tried disconnecting and reconnnecting the battery?
    - Sure your O2 sensor connectors at the engine end (hidden underneath the turbo inlet pipe) are OK, that is, if you disconnected them when removing the sensors? It's a good idea, to avoid excessively stressing the wires as you unscrew the sensors.
    - Sure your new DP or a heat shield hasn't incinerated the sensor leads if you haven't pinned them up clear of hot parts?
    Cheers.

hi, thanks for the replies.

the downpipe is a catted cpe.

i have checked that the cable from the os2 sensor to the connector doesn't hit onto any part of the exhaust and isnt damaged, but will check further down the line from the connector now that you mention it. although i only disconnected it from the connector (under the car and to the left of the downpipe) during the install

i haven't disconnected/reconnected the battery since the install, though it was disconnected when i was putting the pipe in.

i'll probably have to pull the o2sensor out and examine it properly to make sure all the leads are fine.

can i test it using a multimeter? as in check for resistance? if so, what value should i be expecting?

otherwise, if the leads were damaged, wouldn't the dashhawk reading show 0v?

thanks