User Tag List

Thread: Boost tube kits?

Question Boost tube kits?

Gday guys,

Been scanning the mazdaspeedforums.org and found people buying this...

StreetUnit Boost Tube Kit

Boost tube kit....
    Basically like re[placing your turbo intake pipe..

Anyone used these?
    Have something similar?

Any 'gains' ?

Cheers

looked around and some people are having fitment issues

maybe the manufacturing consistency isn't the best

honestly, i dont see any gain in it

Boost tube kit (ie. intercooler hoses. yeah?)

I agree I don't see the gains. More for looks I think.

Can't really compare it to replacing your turbo intake.

The stock inlet is bloody awful. Once you pull it out and have a look at it you can see it is a horrible, convoluted, restricted, flattened, necked-down plastic fitting that was designed by a computer to fit into and around all the other spaces and bits and pieces.

Even if I didn't buy anything custom made for the DISI, I'd have got a new 2.5 or 2.75" pipe from Supercheap Auto's or Repco and some silicon hose and made up a new inlet pipe to fair out the airflow. It's not a big job, depending on how far forward you want to come with it and where you want to take off your 6mm wastegate line and 12mm PCV line and feed in your bypass.

There's nothing "boost" enhancing about this kit. It's just a gimmicky name. But replacing your inlet will improve breathing.
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_MPS6 View Post
    The stock inlet is bloody awful. Once you pull it out and have a look at it you can see it is a horrible, convoluted, restricted, flattened, necked-down plastic fitting that was designed by a computer to fit into and around all the other spaces and bits and pieces.

Even if I didn't buy anything custom made for the DISI, I'd have got a new 2.5 or 2.75" pipe from Supercheap Auto's or Repco and some silicon hose and made up a new inlet pipe to fair out the airflow. It's not a big job, depending on how far forward you want to come with it and where you want to take off your 6mm wastegate line and 12mm PCV line and feed in your bypass.

There's nothing "boost" enhancing about this kit. It's just a gimmicky name. But replacing your inlet will improve breathing.
    Good feedback guys. CHeers.

The stock turbo inlet does look a tad bad for performance lol. Never actually got around to replacing a turbo inlet pipe on any of my other cars so havnt had any experience with these things, except that i would rather go silicon over alloy tubing.

Cheers

Current: 2002 Nissan S15 200SX SPEC R
    Previously: 2006 Mazda 6 MPS ,MY00 WRX CLUB SPEC EVO IV Hatch ,97' Nissan S14A 200sx, Nissan R34 GT-T, Nissan S12 Silvia