User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why does OEM BPV make noise after CAI or SRI installation?

Why bother changing it back if your just going in for a service? Its not like they will knock back a service just because of a SRI........Remember its YOUR car , not theirs.

I think the issue is they will note it down and then if you have a warranty issue they may knock it back. Of course people say they have to prove it, but I can imagine it is a massive nightmare to force them to do a warranty once they have said no.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nepharius View Post
    I think the issue is they will note it down and then if you have a warranty issue they may knock it back. Of course people say they have to prove it, but I can imagine it is a massive nightmare to force them to do a warranty once they have said no.
    given that an SRI is likely to be my only mod ( well at least for my lease period of three years ) taking it off for a service isn't going to be a big deal. As you said I don't want it noted... Always best to have a complete stocker IF something does go wrong

4. Default

well if the dealer that you take it to is going to black list the vehicle and deny any future engine related warranty claims because of a short ram intake, then i would take it to another dealer for servicing, because the first one doesnt deserve your business

i got a turbo replaced by a dealer under warranty, and i had more than just a short ram installed when i took it in

besides, you will get knocked back even if the car is stock, i did. they just blame it on "abuse"
    Last edited by kagerou; 16-03-2010 at 05:55 PM.

It takes less than 5 minutes to install a sri or take it off. But i wouldn't bother. Mazda never cared about any of my mods. The service manager offered to help fit any parts if I needed a hand too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12