User Tag List

Thread: MZR DISI - Engine see through pictures

Lightbulb MZR DISI - Engine see through pictures

Hi All,

Dont know if this has been posted or seen before. But i have had this on my work computer for some time now. I though it was quite good to look at
    Mite help some people out there so i though i would post it up.

And some other pics i found...

Cheers
    Last edited by nissanman; 08-12-2009 at 12:50 PM.

Current: 2002 Nissan S15 200SX SPEC R
    Previously: 2006 Mazda 6 MPS ,MY00 WRX CLUB SPEC EVO IV Hatch ,97' Nissan S14A 200sx, Nissan R34 GT-T, Nissan S12 Silvia

2. Default

Why is the intake manifold off the head

Desktop Background

Thanks Nissanman - thank God, something technical for once!

I get a bit tired of the "what's your favourite ice-cream - vote now" type of posts.

Bubblegum flavour for me

Quote Originally Posted by mpsgarage View Post
    Why is the intake manifold off the head
    Presumably to enable visual access to the cutaway of the internals. The remaining parts of the manifold that you can see also serve to show just how beautiful a piece of casting it all is.

Jap engineering revolutionized the car industry I reckon.

The Nissan GT_R is a case in point.

I look forward to the day when the Japanese start building spacecraft.
    Last edited by Doug_MPS6; 08-12-2009 at 02:27 PM.
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_MPS6 View Post
    Thanks Nissanman - thank God, something technical for once!

I get a bit tired of the "what's your favourite ice-cream - vote now" type of posts.
    Do you have a newsletter I can subscribe to?

-------

Thanks for the pics nissanman, very interesting.

Thanks!

That was an interesting look, thanks OP.

Biggest n00b question here, haven't had my car for that long. How do we get to the spark plugs/leads? Does the TMIC have to come off first?

10. Default

yes its easy to remove

Yep. Undo the plastic TMIC cover, the 2 BOV lines, TMIC inlet and outlet hoses and then the three retainer bolts to the mounts (2 in front and 1 at the back) and remove the TMIC. The TMIC cover has a small retainer clip at the back to secure it to the TMIC. Don't just rip it upwards or you will bend or break it. Ease it rearwards 2cm before lifting the cover clear.

Then you are free to undo the small retainer bolt on each black plastic plug cap and carefully pull it upwards against the mild resistance of the rubber seal.

It's a good idea to vacuum out the valley between the cam covers first as there is a lot of dust and sand which accumulates in there and this saves some of it getting down into the plug orifices. WA is really bad for this. It's quite a way down in there and a bugger to clean out, so save yourself the hassle to start with.

And while it might sound self-evident, don't drop those tiny bolts down the holes!!
    Last edited by Doug_MPS6; 11-12-2009 at 04:38 PM.
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

Great pics m8 !

13. Default

is the bottom picture where the oil filter is

Quote Originally Posted by tenchu View Post
    is the bottom picture where the oil filter is
    Yes you are correct! remove the black cover on the very bottom and the filter is inside, you need a special tool apparently to remove the filter housing cover.
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

mps power

might be a silly question but has the engine changed at all since its release?
    is the 2nd gen really exactly the same?
    and if ther has been subtle changes over the years wat year would the one in the pics be?

love it

Quote Originally Posted by 3mpsblack View Post
    might be a silly question but has the engine changed at all since its release?
    is the 2nd gen really exactly the same?
    and if ther has been subtle changes over the years wat year would the one in the pics be?
    The engine is essentially the same from MPS 6 (2005) MPS 3 Gen I (2006) CX7 (2006) MPS 3 Gen II (2009) the Gen II had some ECU updates but is essentially the same. There may have been some minor updates to components over this time (ie. failed VVT actuator in 2005/2006 builds)

I'd say the pic was probably around 2005, there was a motor show here in 2006 where they were displaying a cutaway DISI engine.

This article mentions some of the differences between the standard MZR 2.3 and the MZR DISI 2.3T

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/gener...s-preview.html
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

This article mentions some of the differences between the standard MZR 2.3 and the MZR DISI 2.3T

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/gener...s-preview.html[/QUOTE]

cheers mate!