User Tag List

Thread: Throttle jumping in MY10 MPS3

1. Unhappy Throttle jumping in MY10 MPS3

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone came across this similar issue with their MY10 MPS3. Had mine for more than a week now. (>500km) This morning on my way to work I noticed on two occassions: 1. Slowing down at a intersection in neutral and eventually coming to a stop and 2. car rolling slowly forward (>10km/h) in neutral. Both occasions, I noticed my revs jerks and jumps from around 1000rpm to 1300rpm, 3-4 times.
    I actually didn't let it keep doing it so I engaged the clutch again and it stopped.

Now I remembered reading someone's post somewhere that they had issues with the throttle jumping for no reason. But I can't find that post anymore.

Anyone out there have any clue? Is that normal for the throttle to suddenly have a mind of its own? Help would be much appreciated. Cheers!

Wasnt just after you started it was it?
    If so it was still in cold start mode..

3. Default

No, I always warm up my car. I haven't seen the problem yet today. Had a talk with a mech and Mazda servicing. They told me it could be related to the onboard computer.

As I remembered more clearly, on both occasion as I described I was actually in first gear when I noticed the issue. They believed it could be the computer thinking that I might stall and therefore added more throttle for me.

But who knows..need to reproduce it again.