User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: boost

hi all my car is now running 14 psi it had a ecu update and now is running alot better so thanks 4 all help

Quote Originally Posted by mpskid View Post
    hi all my car is now running 14 psi it had a ecu update and now is running alot better so thanks 4 all help
    What kind of ECU update was this? Was it from Mazda?

Quote Originally Posted by pHiLix View Post
    What kind of ECU update was this? Was it from Mazda?
    Yup!

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Where are you in NSW?

IF you have a boost leak then generally the car will make a bigh WHOOOSHHH noise and not go anywhere fast.
    Not all the time, ive had my boost set to 15psi on my GTiR and was only getting 10psi from the gauge after some testing we found a split in one of my intercooler silicon joins and there was no apparent whooshing sound of stutter under load at all. .
    "THE PATH OF THE GTI-R IS BESET WITH PERIL BY THE INJUSTICES OF THE SPEED CAMERA AND THE TYRANNY OF OTHER DRIVERS. BLESSED IS HE WHO OVERTAKES THE EVO & STI THROUGH THE VALLEY OF HAIRPIN TURNS, FOR HE IS TRULY HIS CAR'S TUNER AND THE FINDER OF LOST HORSEPOWER. . . AND WE SHALT STRIKE DOWN WITH GREAT BOOST AND FURIOUS ACCELERATION ON WHOEVER DOTH ATTEMPT TO OBSTRUCT OR DELAY OUR OVERTAKING. . .
    BMW M3 Evo Coming to the R stable soon. . .

Iv got mine running of the bov but before that i was trying to find a suitable vac lines while doing so i tryed to pull the small vac line of the plastic pipe leading from the turbo to the airbox and it snapped off so i just glued it back on but now it seems to be using more fuel and only boost to 10psi max. So im thinking maybe the readings are out and the computer is injecting more fuel :S it was fine till i broke it so i guess it's a trip to mazda to order a new pipe.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12