User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: boost

Default boost

hi all I have a 2006 3 mps just wanted to know how much boost do they run standard and what us the most common boost leaks do they have? As I am not sure if mine has a leak or if the gauge is broken.

13.7 PSI in third is the target from memory, however spiking over this is not strange.
    If you have mods then more.. mine sits around 16.5 and spikes to 18.

mine reads around the 7psi mark though all gears not sure if I have a boost leak or the gauge is wrong is there anyway to tell

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

I also have the gauge hooked up to the wastegate will that give me a wrong reading ? What would be the best place for the line to be fitted

Where are you in NSW?

IF you have a boost leak then generally the car will make a bigh WHOOOSHHH noise and not go anywhere fast.

I'm pretty sure full boost is 15.7 (3rd gear and onwards).

I am in marayong near blacktown .it pulls pretty hard I think that I might try a different gauage and take off the bov and see how I go

mpskid

I hope that you can joi us on some cruises soon.....

thanks i will be lookin forward that

mpskid, enjoy the forums

MPSKID, you are close enough to MPS garage to pay them a visit in Penrith before you mess with anything. And I assume when you say "taking off the BOV" you mean replacing it with another? The stock BOV is good for 15psi at least. In any event, given that it has a vac line to the top of the piston, it should run under neutral load when on boost.

11. Default

Welcome

yeah doug i am running a dual port turbosmart bov i am thinking of puttin the the standard one back on. just see if that makes a difference. and also the car only has 30.000km on the old owner just drove it to the station and back so i am goin to change the air filter with a high flow and change the plugs aswell

when was the last time you took it to Mazda?

They are flashing the ECU's on the MPS3 Gen 1 with a terrible low boost map. Was talking to a mate of mine who is arguing with MAzda Aust about it @ the moment and getting no where...

I told him.. bite the bullet and get a aftermarket boost controller(standback)..
    He told me to go back into my box! haha

it due to go back as the steering rack needs to be replaced as the car has a knock in the the frount end but i will give the a call and ask about that thanks

MPSKID I have an Apexi SRI and pod filter and bracket for sale in good condition and very low lms (<8,000) cheeeep if you are interested. It gets you away from the convoluted stock air-filter and resonator and fits in ~30 minutes. It makes an interesting induction hiss but it is quite pleasant. Definitely improves its lungful of air. $150 + shipping. It weights about 1-2kg. Cheers.

where abouts r u doug i very keen for it and the best way to get in contact with u

MPSKID, you can PM me & I'll give you more details. I'm in Perth. :-)

By way of explanation, I ran the Apexi for a while and was entirely happy with it. I'm only getting rid of it now as I switched over to the new setup as per my signature and having run it for a while am pleased with it so no longer need the Apexi as backup. In any event I still have the stock intake if I ever need to revert - which I doubt.

I can email you photos if you give me an address in your PM.
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

hi all i have spoken to mazda they are going to flash my ecu as lazydog said so thank for your help and finger x that it does the trick

hey mpskid welcome to the forum

Quote Originally Posted by mpskid View Post
    mine reads around the 7psi mark though all gears not sure if I have a boost leak or the gauge is wrong is there anyway to tell

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

I also have the gauge hooked up to the wastegate will that give me a wrong reading ? What would be the best place for the line to be fitted
    Yes, your boost guage connected to your waste gate will give you very wrong reading, the pressure is regulated in that line. Connect it to your BOV line, this should solve your problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast