User Tag List

Thread: MPS6 GT3071R & Cobb Accessport

1. Default MPS6 GT3071R & Cobb Accessport

Hi everyone I am new to the forum. After blowing the stock turbo on my MPS6 I fitted a Garrett GT3071R, intake and cat-less exhaust. I imported it from Streetunit in the US along with some other goodies. I also purchased a Cobb Accessport to take care of the tune but it was not till I went to install AP, I find out it does not read our cars. I live in Cairns so I joined the forum to see if I could find any info on the Cobb developments here. Any one with similar issues or with info or advice please feel free to post. I cant drive the car until I sort out the tuning issues. Being in Cairns to get the car on a dyno is not a reality. I have read other post that Cobb is addressing this issue but some of these posts are 10 months old. Suggestions for an alternative tuning solution would be appreciated.

I have a reflash by Chiptorque, but, you need to be able to get to the Gold Coast for it.

I also have the XEDE fitted, although it's currently running idle. No tune fitted.

The Cobb AP is still in testing apparently (though I think this is crap given how long it's taken) for the Au/Euro market. It won't detect your ECU and so you can't use it until they decide to release a new firmware that allows us to use it. I've been waiting for over 2 years now for it.

As above at this point there's chiptorque or the CP-e standback/flash.

AP's are not available yet for our cars!

A standback will do the job that your asking for.

cpe standback is probably the ideal I think

Not really considering you still need to send the ECU off to get flashed (considering he's runs a larger turbo, he will want the full throttle flash), and everytime you get serviced, you run the risk of having the flash overwritten.

7. Default

3071rMPS
    The Cobb Ap is still not supported in Australia yet.Your only real tuning option for your car will be a CP-E standback @ the moment.
    As for your turbo I would say you might want to look at upgrading your bottom end before you install it. As now we are seeing more people upgrading their turbos, more are bending rods & the worst cases are putting holes in the block.
    We have just finished your fourth rebuild this week & have had a number of inquires now.
    I'm hoping to have the new tuning software early next year. This will allow you to override all of the codes you will need to make good power safely.

Quote Originally Posted by mpsgarage View Post
    I'm hoping to have the new tuning software early next year. This will allow you to override all of the codes you will need to make good power safely.
    ezyflash?

9. Default

I wouldn't use that on any of my cars

Quote Originally Posted by mpsgarage View Post
    I wouldn't use that on any of my cars
    Why...????

So which new tuning software are you hoping to get next year (if it's not a secret)?

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by AD07 View Post
    Why...????
    Why would we