User Tag List

Thread: Hi from Cairns Mazda 6 MPS Garrett 3071r Cobb Accessport

1. Default Hi from Cairns Mazda 6 MPS Garrett 3071r Cobb Accessport

Hi everyone after blowing the stock turbo on my MPS6 I fitted a Garrett GT3071R, intake and cat-less exhaust about 2 months ago. I imported it from Streetunit in the US along with some other goodies. I also purchased a Cobb Accessport to take care of the tune but it was not till I went to install AP I find out it does not read our cars. I live in Cairns so I joined the forum to see if I could find any info on the Cobb developments here. Any one with similar issues or with info or advice please feel free to post. Look forward to hearing from you.

Warren

2. Default

Welcome,I dont know anything about Cobb or really have any advice for you except if your going to find advice heres the right place

How'd you blow your turbo in the first place ?
    Last edited by blackbetty; 06-12-2009 at 07:40 PM.

again.

Happy Motoring
    duglet

3071rMPS! not sure about the Cobb accessport but you'll find some info here, or there a few who would know something Look forward to hearing your feedback on the Garrett and how it performs on the MPS!

Smile Hello mps 6 from cairns fnq !!!!!!

To OZMPS Club for turbo junkies u can check out but you can never leave !!!! From a fellow MPS CLUB member from CAINS FNQ there are a few of us up here if you are interested in the social side and cruises etc ,sorry can;t help you with the Cobb AP hopefully somebody on the forum can may be MPSGARAGE . Let me know if you want to meet ,btw what colour is your car ?
    COL
    Last edited by YOU LOSE; 11-12-2009 at 08:28 AM.
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

Welcome Warren. Wow another Cairns member . Hopefully see you on our next cruise (Haven't had a MPS6 along yet).

Sorry no help with cobb stuff

hey welcome to the site.

Quote Originally Posted by 3071rMPS View Post
    Hi everyone after blowing the stock turbo on my MPS6 I fitted a Garrett GT3071R, intake and cat-less exhaust about 2 months ago. I imported it from Streetunit in the US along with some other goodies. I also purchased a Cobb Accessport to take care of the tune but it was not till I went to install AP I find out it does not read our cars. I live in Cairns so I joined the forum to see if I could find any info on the Cobb developments here. Any one with similar issues or with info or advice please feel free to post. Look forward to hearing from you.

Warren
    Welcome to the site m8. . . GT3071R that would have some nice top end punch
    "THE PATH OF THE GTI-R IS BESET WITH PERIL BY THE INJUSTICES OF THE SPEED CAMERA AND THE TYRANNY OF OTHER DRIVERS. BLESSED IS HE WHO OVERTAKES THE EVO & STI THROUGH THE VALLEY OF HAIRPIN TURNS, FOR HE IS TRULY HIS CAR'S TUNER AND THE FINDER OF LOST HORSEPOWER. . . AND WE SHALT STRIKE DOWN WITH GREAT BOOST AND FURIOUS ACCELERATION ON WHOEVER DOTH ATTEMPT TO OBSTRUCT OR DELAY OUR OVERTAKING. . .
    BMW M3 Evo Coming to the R stable soon. . .

Smile Village idiots !!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    again.
    Hi Troy your village called --- their idiot is missing ?????
    Col
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

13. Default

where's my post

welcome !

i would try sell the AP on ebay to US buyer and then put money towards tune from over here that has been done and tested !!!

what colour MPS6 you got ?? how did you blow the turbo ? and why go for a bigger one so early without doing alot of the other standard upgrade mods??

im just scared you might pop more then the turbo next time mate ! eeeeek !!

Smile Don't be shy warren !!!!!

HI Warren luv to hear back from you , a great group of friendly guys up here in Cairns !!
    Col

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    welcome !
    why go for a bigger one so early without doing alot of the other standard upgrade mods??

im just scared you might pop more then the turbo next time mate ! eeeeek !!
    Bang for buck, I reckon it's probably the best mod you can do off the top. Considering the bad rap the stock turbo has got, upgrading to a better qaulity item can only improve reliability.