User Tag List

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Mazda 3 MPS Gen II problems you have had, warranty fixes

Wonder if the maps are ecu specific, or you could go 3 ways and 3 SD cards and only cost $100 for the maps :P

Had my 40,000kms service today. Was told there is a small leak coming from the sump. Required to reseal engine sump. This can be fixed under warrenty but they require the car for the day ?

I'm not a mechanic..is it that hard of a job requiring the car for the day ?

We told the guy we're going away in January, driving from Sydney to the QLD border. He that shouldn't be a problem if it doesn't get fixed by then. Is he correct ?

Quote Originally Posted by naasif View Post
    Had my 40,000kms service today. Was told there is a small leak coming from the sump. Required to reseal engine sump. This can be fixed under warrenty but they require the car for the day ?

We told the guy we're going away in January, driving from Sydney to the QLD border. He that shouldn't be a problem if it doesn't get fixed by then. Is he correct ?
    Im a bit lucky, my mazda dealer use to pick my cars up from my work and drops them off by 4pm when i finish work ... Shame TuneHouse now looks after my car lol...
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Given this is a warranty job, I wonder if I can take it any Mazda dealer ? like a one close to me.

(my car was bought with a an extended warranty that requires it to be serviced by the dealer that is very far from me ..PITA to get to)

Mate if it is only a small leak then it should not be such a big problem, but in saying that, it could get bigger. Does it leave oil on the surface where you park your car? That will tell you how serious the problem is. The job itself is not such a big task, but getting to the sump you have a lot of kit that has to be removed. A day seems fair.

Cheers

Grumpy

Tuned with
    By Alex...........

It took me my whole lunch break, but I've gotten through this thread!

My car is having it's 50000km (at 45000km) service today, and forgot to mention the cruise issue this morning. Will have to see what they say when I pick it up.

Other than that, I've not had any issues *touch wood*

***edit. Forgot to ask. I was too busy being blown away but the dealer dropping me off at work, and then picking me up again at the end of the day. Don't get service like that very often!
    Last edited by zacman; 24-10-2012 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zacman View Post
    It took me my whole lunch break, but I've gotten through this thread!

My car is having it's 50000km (at 45000km) service today, and forgot to mention the cruise issue this morning. Will have to see what they say when I pick it up.

Other than that, I've not had any issues *touch wood*

***edit. Forgot to ask. I was too busy being blown away but the dealer dropping me off at work, and then picking me up again at the end of the day. Don't get service like that very often!
    Maybe we're spoiled here but the dealer who does my service provides a bus/people mover to and from work or if you book far enough ahead, they have a small fleet of courtesy cars you can borrow for the day (for free!), can't beat that!
    'oh, that's what that yellow car is for, I thought it was the "you're doing great" light!'

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch2k View Post
    Maybe we're spoiled here but the dealer who does my service provides a bus/people mover to and from work or if you book far enough ahead, they have a small fleet of courtesy cars you can borrow for the day (for free!), can't beat that!
    I'm not sure if they do, or if it's a common practice. It was the first time I've had my car serviced since owning it, and it was the first time I've used a dealer for servicing.

But, still doesn't change how pleased I was with the service.

Had my sump resealed under warranty at my Mazda dealer today.

They noticed an issue last service. Said it wasn't serious and it could be fixed anytime. I didn't want to take the risk given we're driving quite a distance over the xmas break.

Had my sump resealed under warranty at my Mazda dealer today.

They noticed an issue last service. Said it wasn't serious and it could be fixed anytime. I didn't want to take the risk given we're driving quite a distance over the xmas break.
    Mine was leaking as well... Wardski noticed it at a Fulcrum Suspension - it was either that, or something more sinister... rear main anyone?!

Didn't get around to repairing it before the trade-in...
    2015 Audi S3 | MTX | Sedan | Sepang Blue | Sunroof | SPP1 | Assistance Package | BW - Week 17 | Delivery June/July '15... Hopefully...

Help support OzMPSClub - Become a VIP Member today! - Click here for more details...

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    I rang my dealership and they said they have had this problem before

Loose baffle in the fuel tank. Will require a new Fuel Tank

Im having it checked tomorrow to make sure that is the problem. Anyone else had their fuel tanks replaced?

Peter "SLIXX"
    Looks like I am going to be putting in a warranty job for this very issue this week..... Problem is I need the car for Saturday!

Update: Mazda confirmed today that I need to have my fuel tank replaced. They are shipping one up from Melbourne overnight and will install it tomorrow. That's some good form from their spare parts if they can get that organized so quickly!

Default Mazda 3 MPS Gen II problems you have had, warranty fixes

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    Update: Mazda confirmed today that I need to have my fuel tank replaced. They are shipping one up from Melbourne overnight and will install it tomorrow. That's some good form from their spare parts if they can get that organized so quickly!
    Awesome Reedy. Glad u can get urs fixed so quickly

Hope I could help with any info I provided!

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Got the car back this afternoon, I got really lucky with the fuel tank being only an overnight shipping job. So glad I didn't have to wait 6 weeks to get one in.

Replaced under warranty, only thing I had to pay for was the fuel to fill it up. Very very happy with that warranty job. They even returned it to me all clean, shiny and freshly washed.

The loose baffle issue is quite rate but they have seen it happen before.

Quote Originally Posted by Airsk View Post
    Has anyone had this issue?? Is doing it more and more regularly, but dealer cannot identify the problem.
    Yes, Ive had this problem (~54K) and helped the dealer identify and fix the problem. Put simply, you need to service the EGR assembly, does not matter what fuel you use, gunk builds up and needs a good clean.

The history with the dealer:
    1. Replaced fuel tank
    2. Replaced HP fuel pump
    3. Checked for leaking injectors
    4. Cleaned EGR assembly

The first three was the dealer liasing with Mazda HQ to resolve the problem.

16. Default

Issues of concern i will bring upon to mazda on 70k service....

- When i put it into reverse and reverse back a little it does a once off knock sound? Sounds like its not engaged properly then suddenly clicks in. Still reverses completely fine though. Anyone know if/what issue this is?

- I have a release bearing sound. Cant hear it with radio or driving. However low speed you can definitely hear it. Anyone know if this is covered under warranty? Big job as i assume its part of the clutch. Still nothing wrong with it, still changes gear perfectly. Just annoying..

- Clunking sound when changing gears slow to moderate. Anyone know if this is an issue aswell that can be taken upon warranty? Or if it is an issue at all?

- Brakes have an intermittent slight squeal when at less than 10km to a complete full stop. Also has same sound on first start up and braking first couple of minutes. Also a little more noisy in hot weather too. Is this an issue or more likely pads never been replaced and needs replacing?

Can i just say, i never read this thread but... I've had mine replaced a few months ago... Thought i was the only one with this issue. Baffles in the fuel take broke off and was scraping, sounded like i was on a boat.. Full replacement tank. When i was scheduled to pick up the car, they told me something was wrong with the fuel sensors as well and it wasn't working.. Anyways, tank had to be an imported item as apparently no one in Aust stocks them. At the time apparently Melb dealership was ordering one but they couldn't take it. MAYBE IT WAS YOURS!! haha

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    Finally after 23weeks I have had my fuel tank replaced

When taking off or braking to a stop the divided in the middle of tank had come loose and was screeching and scraping along.

The fuel sensor was finally lodged and wasn't working

After a stern letter to Mazda Australia about how long I have waited. The fuel tank arrived and was fitted.

Peter "SLIXX"
    Current:
    CP-e: Xcel Nano Intake/ Nviscid TIP/ TMIC/ HPFP/ Stage 2 REM/xFlex Driv/ Pass EM 75/ UR 3" Turbo- Back Exhaust/ RichTune Custom/ HKS SSQV Typ 3/ DBA 4000 Rotors/ Remsa Pads/ Tein SS Coilovers/ Whiteline (F&R) Sway Bars/ AutoExe: Turbo Suction Kit/ Strut Tower Bar/ Floor Cross Bar/ Lower Arm Bar (F&R)/ Sports Steering Wheel/TWM: A6 Leopard Gearknob/ Solid Base Bushings/ Work: 11R-FT 18X8.5/ RS Lock Nuts/ CP-e Tow Plate/ Yokohama AD08
    Delivery/ Install: HKS EVC6/ JBR: Oil Catch Can

And... we got a new one added to the list! Sounds like a common issue for gen 2s!

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    Current:
    CP-e: Xcel Nano Intake/ Nviscid TIP/ TMIC/ HPFP/ Stage 2 REM/xFlex Driv/ Pass EM 75/ UR 3" Turbo- Back Exhaust/ RichTune Custom/ HKS SSQV Typ 3/ DBA 4000 Rotors/ Remsa Pads/ Tein SS Coilovers/ Whiteline (F&R) Sway Bars/ AutoExe: Turbo Suction Kit/ Strut Tower Bar/ Floor Cross Bar/ Lower Arm Bar (F&R)/ Sports Steering Wheel/TWM: A6 Leopard Gearknob/ Solid Base Bushings/ Work: 11R-FT 18X8.5/ RS Lock Nuts/ CP-e Tow Plate/ Yokohama AD08
    Delivery/ Install: HKS EVC6/ JBR: Oil Catch Can

Default Mazda 3 MPS Gen II problems you have had, warranty fixes

I've had mine replaced last year and @Reedy replaced his too

Peter "SLIXX"

Not keen on a fuel tank replacement...

Quote Originally Posted by YLDCRD View Post
    - Clunking sound when changing gears slow to moderate. Anyone know if this is an issue aswell that can be taken upon warranty? Or if it is an issue at all?

- Brakes have an intermittent slight squeal when at less than 10km to a complete full stop. Also has same sound on first start up and braking first couple of minutes. Also a little more noisy in hot weather too. Is this an issue or more likely pads never been replaced and needs replacing?
    My gearbox is a little clunky also, but that may be due to the fact that Mazda have used some serious internal work to keep it in one peice @ 380NM not to mention the triple-synchro 1st/2nd gear make it even more clunky when cold.

My brakes also have a little squeal (just assumed it was new pads, only 2200KM) but it only occurs if it's cold or if I have not driven the car in a few days.

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast