User Tag List

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Mazda 3 MPS Gen II problems you have had, warranty fixes

I've had the same problem with condensation in the Nav unit, dealer didn't even look at it, and was already aware. However they ordered it a month or so ago which was when I serviced my car, it apparently STILL hasn't arrived due to some issues with the supplier only providing them one at a time? Which I find quite ridiculous. Also I was told that I was one of the first to notice the problem and my screen should be in within the next 2 weeks from that date. It is now well over a month past that and I keep getting different information from the Service Department.

Further to my rant, I had an issue with the rubber seal in the suspension, which would cause it to creak when I turned the steering wheel left and right when stationary, they apparently fixed that in my last service, however a few days later I noticed a knocking noise coming from the suspension, so obviously the dealer is at fault I believe as they were playing around with that section of my car. I was told the lower left control arm is causing the knocking noise and they'll have to order the part in. They weren't the slightest bit sympathetic toward me, when I had stated that they had replaced the rubber seal, which would have most likely caused the issue IMO, when I had called them up to inquire about it, they said they were heavily booked and didn't have time to see me for 2-3 days.

I definitely won't be taking my car back there for a service.

Quote Originally Posted by missjody9 View Post
    Well mazda have had the car several times since this post, they have replaced the engine light sensor and the fuel purge sensor, they have now given me a crappy Mazda 2 courtesy car for a week so they can just play with it until they find the problem, he phoned me today and said they are replacing the PCU but he does not think that will fix it either, apparently they have never seen one this bad, doesnt matter what they do it doesnt go off... time will tell I guess
    Well finally looks like I am getting somewhere with my CEL. They were waiting on a recording device from Japan but Japan have found the problem. They say it requires a software update. They are now writing this and should have it within two weeks.

On another topic how much on average are people paying for the 20 k service?
    Queenslands Bossy Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Airsk View Post
    Does anyone have an idea??

Also my headlight washers have apparantly stopped working too now!
    Got the PCM software update done at my service on Friday. Hopefully cruise control is normal from here on.

If they don't believe you, call Mazda HQ. They know what's going on and repeat it to the dealer.

Good Luck.
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

I will be hitting up my local dealer about the PCM update tomorrow. After driving at Easter this cruise control issue pissed me off no end.

OK booked in for next Tuesday May 10. Had no issues with my dealer tech on this one, they knew about the update.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Got the PCM software update done at my service on Friday. Hopefully cruise control is normal from here on.

If they don't believe you, call Mazda HQ. They know what's going on and repeat it to the dealer.

Good Luck.

My car's booked in next Tues for a 40k service and pcm update for cruise control issue. So hope this fixes the problem.

Rang Mazda Australia and spoke to a Raymond and he couldnt even clarify whether there was a software update in place of pcm replacement, what a joke.

As for headlight washers too, I found a blown fuse so will replace it on the weekend and hopefully doesn't reoccur.

Had mine booked in for today for the update but just received a call from local dealer saying that they couldn't run the update. Said they spoke to Mazda and now they have to wait for another version of the firmware...whenever that happens.

One very frustrating drive to Victoria coming up this weekend

Omg you people rely on cruise control too much. I drove from Perth to Brisbane without it, HTFU peoples!

Quote Originally Posted by PUDG3 View Post
    Omg you people rely on cruise control too much. I drove from Perth to Brisbane without it, HTFU peoples!
    Try doing 50k a year and see if you like cruise! It's a license saver!
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Yeah license saver pick here too
    Should be about a week away for the update, was a technical glitch getting ti to my dealer in time. Nothing too nasty.

Had the pcm update done on Tuesday by the dealer, cruise has been good all week so lets hope it stays that way.

Airsk (or anyone else who has had the PCM update),
    Did you find the car to be "slower" once you had the PCM update? Mine's going in this Friday for the 30k is all.

I thought you guys were already running lower boost. Why are they detuning the Gen 2's? Unless they're making the boost come on less aggressively to save the turbo... Bloody K04s

Does that PCM update cause the car to lose a custom tune or can it be done without screwing it up?

Mines just over 12 months old 16000klms.
    Sounds like they don't like sitting in the sun.
    Mine was parked in hot sun for a day and when I started it up the Navigation wouldn't work. Was fine after about a half hour of driving.
    No other problems thought touch wood.
    I totally agree with you re AAMI.
    My wife's car was damaged (not our fault it was parked on the side of the road at the time). After much debate AAMI convinced me to take it to their repairer on the gaurantee that he would do a perfect job.
    It took 6 weeks to fix and when I got it back it was full of polish dust inside, in the engine bay, the boot, everwhere. They didn't even bother to tell me the number plate weas trashed just let me find out when I pciked it up.
    Went straight to the AAMI depot next morning and challenged them about there assurances and finally they admitted that they hadn't even bothered to inspect the work before the car was handed back to me.
    There were a lot of people at the depot that morning that heard my opinion of AAMI.

Quote Originally Posted by PUDG3 View Post
    I think it's more about the fact that 'it's broke and we want it fixed' BJ baby :P

Sent from my iPhone by LeeTapatalk =P
    GENII 2009 MPS VR POV PACK | TIPS THANKS TO MAZDA3MPS (IAN) | KUMHO KU36 235/40/18 TYRES | PRIMA PAINT PROTECTION BY ZAS | LAKIN CUSTOM PLATES | MPS & OZMPSCLUB.COM BRUSHED ALUMINIUM DECALS (THEY COUNT AS MODS RIGHT?)| WISHLIST...60 DURO REAR ENGINE MOUNT | RIMS PAINTED/GT RIMS

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    Mines just over 12 months old 16000klms.
    Sounds like they don't like sitting in the sun.
    Mine was parked in hot sun for a day and when I started it up the Navigation wouldn't work. Was fine after about a half hour of driving.
    No other problems thought touch wood.
    I totally agree with you re AAMI.
    My wife's car was damaged (not our fault it was parked on the side of the road at the time). After much debate AAMI convinced me to take it to their repairer on the gaurantee that he would do a perfect job.
    It took 6 weeks to fix and when I got it back it was full of polish dust inside, in the engine bay, the boot, everwhere. They didn't even bother to tell me the number plate weas trashed just let me find out when I pciked it up.
    Went straight to the AAMI depot next morning and challenged them about there assurances and finally they admitted that they hadn't even bothered to inspect the work before the car was handed back to me.
    There were a lot of people at the depot that morning that heard my opinion of AAMI.
    Sorry to hear wal . There are so many dodgy repairers out there, how they manage to get repeat business amazes me!

My flatmate also went through this with AAMI after some arsewipe decided to side swipe her whole front door reversing out of a car park. AAMI recommended repairers left something on her seat that has turned into white splotches after a couple of months.

GENII 2009 MPS VR POV PACK | TIPS THANKS TO MAZDA3MPS (IAN) | KUMHO KU36 235/40/18 TYRES | PRIMA PAINT PROTECTION BY ZAS | LAKIN CUSTOM PLATES | MPS & OZMPSCLUB.COM BRUSHED ALUMINIUM DECALS (THEY COUNT AS MODS RIGHT?)| WISHLIST...60 DURO REAR ENGINE MOUNT | RIMS PAINTED/GT RIMS

A customer told me this week that a friend of theirs has a SP25 that has a totally fried GPS etc from water leaking through the dash

Quote Originally Posted by Leelu View Post
    I think it's more about the fact that 'it's broke and we want it fixed' BJ baby :P

Exactly, relying on cruise control is another argument altogether. The fact that something comes broken straight from the factory is what this is about.

Quote Originally Posted by Leelu View Post
    Sorry to hear wal . There are so many dodgy repairers out there, how they manage to get repeat business amazes me!

My flatmate also went through this with AAMI after some arsewipe decided to side swipe her whole front door reversing out of a car park. AAMI recommended repairers left something on her seat that has turned into white splotches after a couple of months.

It's stories like this that made me avoid AAMI when I was insuring my car, even if they were slightly cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by thelegend64 View Post
    Airsk (or anyone else who has had the PCM update),
    Did you find the car to be "slower" once you had the PCM update? Mine's going in this Friday for the 30k is all.
    Just an update on the cruise control guys. After having the update done the cruise control has been perfect so far with no issues. Lets hope it stays that way!

As for the question about the car being 'slower' I havent noticed any difference in performance. Its the first I have heard about Mazda detuning them. Anyone know if Mazda is?

Also I replaced the blown fuse in my headlight washers today and it blew straight away again so there's a short somewhere. Oh well back to Mazda for warranty again. So over it.

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast