User Tag List

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Mazda 3 MPS Gen II problems you have had, warranty fixes

Has anyone had their drivers side seat get a rip in it near the preset buttons? I noticed this the other night... and by the looks of the 'leather' it's just vinyl...

I need to take mine back in for the "Performance upgrade to my powersteer pump" and my weathershields that leak like crazy...

Quote Originally Posted by SydRuss View Post
    I'm just posting here as i need to reach a minimum 25 posts requirement to prove that i am a real member - isn't it silly how i need to spam to prove that i am a genuine member?
    Sorry for spamming.
    Mate if you need/want to sell something and don't meet the requirements, PM the guys who run the forum via the links on the intro page.

Likewise, if you're an old member who doesn't remember their password.

Stop dragging these threads up with no real reply.

Default Fixed

Quote Originally Posted by packman74 View Post
    Yeah, hard acceleration. just knocks at that initial weight transfer as you get sucked back into your seat

I have a CPE rear engine mount (60duro) yet to be fitted.
    The dealer I went to was happy to fit it for me. So I might get them to check the noise and fit that as well.

Replacing the mount has stopped the clunk. Although the dealer said nothing appeared wrong with the old mount.

Quote Originally Posted by packman74 View Post
    Replacing the mount has stopped the clunk. Although the dealer said nothing appeared wrong with the old mount.
    Lol, that's because the stock mount is 'wrong' from the factory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fast: RayD Tune|COBB AP|JBR|Stratified|CP-e|Xforce|Autotech|Denso|Corksport
    Turn: Bilstein|Eibach|Whiteline|JBR|Hankook RS3
    Stop: Wilwood 4pots|Custom lines|DBA T3|Remsa|TRW 600
    Rice: JL|Alpine|Focal|MiniDSP|Rota g-force|2XS|Cree|Celestial Blue FTW!

Engine light is on again. Phoned Mazda they told me it is the E10 fuel. Anyone else heard of this? The user manual says you can use E10. I use it only when fuel is crazy dear like $1.50. They will hook up to computer again. To date they have replaced fuel sensor , engine light sensor, and the computer. Other problem I have is if I am charging my phone it looses the advanced key. They are looking into it. Mazda told them to reprogram the keys but that didn't work. Car has done 18,000ks so far.
    Queenslands Bossy Bitch

Update on my engine light issue... Mazda Japan are sending over a recording device to try and record what is failing when light comes on they think it is a software issue but the codes are not assisting to identify which part. They have said mine is only car in Australia with this issue but some in Europe have similar issues. Watch this space I guess.

Ive noticed a slight knock in the centre of the back support of the driver's seat, present when taking off from a set of traffic lights for example.
    Not launching or anything special, just getting the clutch to initially take up. It's not able to be heard, you can just feel it in the back. This seat also squeeks when slightly lifting your back off the back support and pressing it back in again.

A pain in the bum when driving in stop-start traffic.

Anyone else have this issue?
    Last edited by MUZZA; 24-03-2011 at 04:10 PM.

Yeah I've started getting an intermittent squeak also. Been trying to consistently replicate it so I can find out from where in the seat it's coming from. No luck yet

With the knock, you sure it's on the seat back and not the seat itself (where your bum goes )

If you've got your seat elevated at all, I've found a knock in the mechanism where you can rock back and forth ever so slightly. It's in the elevation mechanism. I've had Mazda look at it but it seems like it's a design issue.

Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Nah, Ive got mine as low as it can go. (which isnt as low as my GF's SP23 non-electric seat).
    Im pretty sure it's from the back support. Get's me in the lower back.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Has anyone had their drivers side seat get a rip in it near the preset buttons? I noticed this the other night... and by the looks of the 'leather' it's just vinyl...

I need to take mine back in for the "Performance upgrade to my powersteer pump" and my weathershields that leak like crazy...
    I've had a similar problem with the weathershields, they appeared to be getting loose, Mazda did tighten it, however when it rains and I open my window that little bit so the car doesn't fog up, water still comes in some how.

After three months finally had audio control unit replaced on Gen 2.
    Didn't stress too much about it as it was only the bass/treble/balance etc controls that I would not use much anyway but still surprised it took dealer so long to get replacement unit in.

Quote Originally Posted by PostmanDan View Post
    Update on Cruise Control Issue:

Like what has been mentioned about 4 weeks ago, I had a call from my Dealer Service Manager - advising that they would like to fit a new PCM to my vehicle to fix this issue. I was told not to say anything at this stage, but clearly, others now know about it. This was replaced at my last service, and so far, has seemed to have fixed the issue. I'll wait till I've had more time to use cruise control tho before making a firm statement. They're unsure whether physical PCM replacements will be needed, or a software reflash....
    Very interesting Dan. I've just emailed "our" service department re the tyre wear issue, the mould behind the Sat Nav Screen and the cruise control issue.....the response.

"We have been sending reports to Mazda with all the MPS3’s that come in and reporting tyre wear/pressures/wheel alignments etc. So hopefully Mazda will come up with a reasonable response. The sat nav screen has mould behind the screen which needs to be replaced under warranty. The cruise is defiantly new to me? I would suggest a roadtest with my quality controller at some stage. Even if the symptom doesn’t happen we can still ask questions and log the concern."

Isn't this the service dept where you got your PCM replaced?!?!?! Wondering how I now handle this, he's obviously not being up front with me!
    GENII 2009 MPS VR POV PACK | TIPS THANKS TO MAZDA3MPS (IAN) | KUMHO KU36 235/40/18 TYRES | PRIMA PAINT PROTECTION BY ZAS | LAKIN CUSTOM PLATES | MPS & OZMPSCLUB.COM BRUSHED ALUMINIUM DECALS (THEY COUNT AS MODS RIGHT?)| WISHLIST...60 DURO REAR ENGINE MOUNT | RIMS PAINTED/GT RIMS

I've had an occasional knock from the seat - getting in and out and thought it came from the base on the right or seat back - its probably a bit of play in the electric seat mechanism??? As long as I don't end up staring at the roof lining at speed its a minor thing. No other issues at 18 months and paid $177 at Oldmac Mazda Springwood for my 'minor' service (only 12K on the clock). I did have a massive loud metallic 'clang' while driving in a straight line with my whole family on board - the car didn't judder or anything and drives just beautifully!

I had the parcel shelf rattle - fixed it by taking out the parcel shelf... Has anyone actually had the dealer fix that? Did they just wack on some stick-on vinyl?? It's a poor fitment issue and rattle in the mounts against the rear hatch I think...

Love the cargo mat - best accessory I fitted...

Anyway, hope your more serious issues get good dealer support!
    Joh
    2009 Gen 2 - ECUTEK tune, downpipe, all motor mounts, K&N filter, DBA rotors and braided lines, antilift and camber correction bushes, Whiteline ARB F&R, new organic clutch (300hp), Federal 595RSRs = 189kW 420NM ATW at Mercury Motorsports Newmarket

Quote Originally Posted by 3MPS View Post
    Another one here with this annoying knock. Just ticked over 9000ks and loud knock has developed in the drivers side rear over pretty much all but the smallest bumps. Will definately get the RSB checked at the 10K Service.

I too have the pitiful searching Cruise Control. Yet to have it disengage though...

One more thing I have noticed it a light thud when the clutch is depressed between gear shifts - especially 1st-2nd and 2nd-3rd.. Has anyone else noticed this?? Best I can describe is first gear, accelerate normally > Clutch in > *thud* > shift. Same into third also. Its only subtle and seems to be coming from the rear. I have wondered if it may be slight exhaust pop? but I dont think so, just not sure! Shifter feel is still normal between gears. its pretty annoying having a thud every change and a knock every bump!
    I get this too. I think it's the take up on the LSD as you engage. Cant be a good thing in my opinion. Surely a thud turns into a bang down the track...
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Has anyone else had issues with the central locking. I've noticed lately when I lock the door from the inside on the driver's side (bit paranoid driving around at night by myself sometimes), I have to wiggle the lock back out a bit to get the other doors to lock. It used to be an automatic thing as soon as I locked the drivers side door.

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    Yeah I've started getting an intermittent squeak also. Been trying to consistently replicate it so I can find out from where in the seat it's coming from. No luck yet

With the knock, you sure it's on the seat back and not the seat itself (where your bum goes )

If you've got your seat elevated at all, I've found a knock in the mechanism where you can rock back and forth ever so slightly. It's in the elevation mechanism. I've had Mazda look at it but it seems like it's a design issue.

Hey Caf, you posted the service bulletins the other day - I've been reading through all of them - maybe its this one - http://www.finishlineperformance.com...0-09-2181a.pdf
    Trying to keep it subtle ... | COBB AccessPort | COBB DP | CP-e HPFP | CorkSport TMIC | TurboSmart BPV | Denso ITV22| CorkSport Boost Tubes | SURE Full3 Aeros | SURE REM (Street) | SURE AGS SS Shift Knob | 2XS SSP + SURE CounterShift | Speedline Front Strut Brace | Whiteline RSB | Prima Paint Protection

Yeah I reckon that might be it mate. I found that the other day but didn't print it out and was dreading going back through them to find it again. Thanks very much for saving me the trouble

Dan

I hope Mazda is more receptive to service bulletins from overseas compared the Honda dealers here in OZ. I've had an issue with my Honda Euro with the clutch. Found the service bulletin that describes the issue exactly and the fix is very simple, yet the Honda dealer I normally go to for service didn't want to listen. Wanted to charge my $1500 to replace the clutch.

Sometimes I think they are out just to make money.

Yeah. I think this sort of stuff goes easier if you have a rapport with the service manager also

Hey Caf,

that bulletin is for the manual seat adjustment. As you have a Gen 2, i assume MPS. We have the motorised drivers seat by default.

Dunno if there is a similar bulletin for motorised seat.

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast