User Tag List

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Mazda 3 MPS Gen II problems you have had, warranty fixes

Default Mazda 3 MPS Gen II problems you have had, warranty fixes

My car is just on 7 weeks old (7500km) and started having some problems today:

* Air Conditioning stopped working when car is stationary
    * High temperature light was flashing
    * Outside Air temp stuck at 25 degrees (was over 30)

Anyone had similar problems?

Noticed that my radiator is fairly pitted and damaged from what I can only assume was from the hailstorm I was driving in last Sunday afternoon on the M1.

Anyone want to share some advice? (Yes - will take into the dealer on Monday)

Booked in on Friday to get it checked out.

To date, i've been lucky. No issues here. Touch wood.

Altho I did get a slight rattle with the clutch yesterday? I went to start it.. I then put the car in neutral and as I let the clutch out, it rattled for about a second then stopped... I put the seatbelt on, and went to get reverse.. didn't do it again!

I had an small issue when it was a scorching hot day. The outside temp gauge locked on at 25 when it was more like 38+ after leaving the car in a roof top car park for a few hours.
    Later on in the day and after sitting in the shade for a while, I started and it appeared to lock on to 40. Was a little strange, but I didn't have any engine overheating problems or aircon issues.

Anyway, haven't had the problem since that day so I'm not fussed. If it happens again, I might do something about it.

** Update **

So the car spent last Friday at the dealership, and on cue, it behaved perfectly!

This morning when I was in traffic from about Toowong, the AC would not work, blowing just hot air. Then high temp light came back on ... so straight into Eagers where they took it into the workshop ...

... result

... I am now carless til Monday afternoon as the AC condenser has to be replaced (my cost through insurance due to damage) & the thermostat relay has been found to be faulty (the car wouldn't cool itself - warranty).

So 7.5wks old with 8500km it's getting this all done ... then the 10,000km early next year ... still chasing a knock in front suspension!
    "Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

How did you damage the AC condenser....shouldnt it be warranty as well.

Happy Motoring
    duglet

The condenser was damaged when I was driving on the M1 in a hail storm a few weeks ago. Panels came out unscathed, but the condenser is pitted and damaged.

AAMI are a bunch of noobs - yesterday they wanted a quote from Mazda and a comparison quote through themselves. I told them to send an assessor to Eagers - but no, they want to tow the car to wherever their centre is for an assessment (early next week), then would tow the car back to Eagers if the price was comparable. I refused this sequence - now I will pay for it myself and use a claim process whereby they pay only what they feel is 'fair & reasonable'.
    "Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

Draggin up this thread, but what happened in the end with the car. I assumed it's fixed now? Have you had any issues with the outside air temp sensor?

I just had the temp sensor lock onto 25degC yesterday when it was more like high 30s+.
    Later in the evening when everything cooled down, it came off 25deg, and was up around 28-32 and appeared to be working normally

Last service I had it looked at by Mazda and they said it appeared to be functioning correctly and they gave it a good clean because it had a lot of tar and crap on it. If I knew where the sensor was, I would take a look myself.

Yeah the car is now fixed. Condenser replaced through insurance ($1200 inc labour) and the cooling fan relay replaced under warranty. Outside temp gauge seems to stick momentarily, but pretty much close to what my "wet finger out the window"reads.

Going in for 10,000km service this week ... nothing really needs following up.

hey i got that temperature thingo problem as well! other then that thats it lol

Quote Originally Posted by mickee View Post
    hey i got that temperature thingo problem as well! other then that thats it lol

Thats interesting. Sounds like it could be a common problem. They said they cleaned by sensor at service beacause it was tared up or something.

What temp is yours locking onto?

I cant say I ever had that problem.

Think the only real issue I had with mine was starting it once.

Starter engaged but ignition didnt kick in, so car just kept turning over without starting.

Default Mazda 3 MPS Gen II problems you have had, warranty fixes

Since we seem to be having a few MPS 3 GEN II's with problems, it's time for the Gen II to have it's own thread, please post any problems or fixes you have experienced here

My baby is three months old and is just perfect!! I love it to bits but reading this post freaks me out a little...

Mine is 6 months old, haven't had any issues however it has only done 3000km

i have done 13000 km's, no issues as such, noisy gearbox but that's about it really. A heads up i got my 10k service done at mazda for $195 to give you guys a guide.

17. Default

I've only had one issue which is not serious but certainly annoying.

My cruise control occasionally dissengages itself. The issue only happens after the car has been travelling on slight downhill sections, once you reach the bottom, the cruise doesn't maintain your set speed and starts to slow down. Once it's slowed by more than approx 10km's, it simply dissengages itself and the cruise light goes from green to amber.

Will have it looked at at the next service.

18. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ScorpMPS View Post
    ... still chasing a knock in front suspension!
    Oh God, not that again...... did my head in with Gen I, until I fitted the TEINS...

Quote Originally Posted by MPS 250 PLUS View Post
    I've only had one issue which is not serious but certainly annoying.

My cruise control occasionally dissengages itself. The issue only happens after the car has been travelling on slight downhill sections, once you reach the bottom, the cruise doesn't maintain your set speed and starts to slow down. Once it's slowed by more than approx 10km's, it simply dissengages itself and the cruise light goes from green to amber.

Will have it looked at at the next service.
    mine does the EXACT same thing, bloody frustrating considering all the high way driving i do. mine tries to accelerate back for a bit and then just gives up :S

20. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MPShiv View Post
    mine does the EXACT same thing, bloody frustrating considering all the high way driving i do. mine tries to accelerate back for a bit and then just gives up :S
    It's a while until my next service but I'll let you know if I get an outcome. If you have one in the meantime, let me know!!

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast