User Tag List

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Mazda 3 MPS Gen II problems you have had, warranty fixes

Just turn up the stereo!

Sent from my S4 while I'm tappin dat' glass.

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Try changing different box fluids
    The Penrite Progear 75W-85 seems to get a good write up here, I'll try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by shaneski View Post
    My 3rd to 4th clunked bad even from brand new July 2012 model, an after market rear engine mount solved that and made it feel like a different gear box (it's common with these cars), i didn't go back for warranty for that as i was going to replace it regardless due to modding plans.

For the rattling get a passenger to hold the passenger side air vents, i had a rattle from brand new the dealer couldnt pin point it, i found it my self was the passenger side air vent.
    What rear engine mount did you get?

Quote Originally Posted by RedDjinn View Post
    Dynamat super lite for all doors floor. upgraded engine/gearbox oils. lots of oil on plastic trim. Upgrade Engine mount and gearbx mount to corksport inserts!
    So whats the go with the engine mounts and inserts? I'm getting a bit confused with rear engine mounts, gearbox mounts, passenger mounts etc etc haha.

Is there a general consensus as to which one is best?

jBR trigolgy are the most popular from edge

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    Lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    The Detailing Fail Radar is always on... Thanks for looking out for us Dan.

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Mazdaspeed 3 2010+ Transmission Mount Inserts ....... Mazdaspeed 3 Motor Mount Inserts | Mazda Replacement Parts These are great combo. very little vibes massive increase in shifting pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    jBR trigolgy are the most popular from edge
    I just had a look at them, expensive!

Mazdaspeed 3 2010+ Transmission Mount Inserts ....... Mazdaspeed 3 Motor Mount Inserts | Mazda Replacement Parts These are great combo. very little vibes massive increase in shifting pleasure
    Do you know if they eliminate the clunk during shifting?

I might try the inserts first since they are relatively cheap!

yes.

yes.
    Great, thanks for that.

I'm looking at the Corksport website, and they have transmission mount insert ($36), the rear motor mount ($100) and the motor mount insert ($36).

Just getting the inserts and combining it with the short shifter plate and bushings brings the whole lot to around $260 delivered. I think thats pretty good if it improves the shift.

I personally didn't like the short shift plates.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by RockDr View Post
    The Penrite Progear 75W-85 seems to get a good write up here, I'll try it out.

What rear engine mount did you get?

So whats the go with the engine mounts and inserts? I'm getting a bit confused with rear engine mounts, gearbox mounts, passenger mounts etc etc haha.

Is there a general consensus as to which one is best?
    i went CPE 60 duro, cant feel any vibes at all.
    MPS Gen 2 2012 - i think i have Ebola

i have the JBR 80 trilogy
    it's a damn nice combo...

I've also got the CPE 60 d and didn't notice any vibes at all, if u don't like vibes this is prob the softest one.

Release clunk after coming to hard stop, then moving forward....issue related to strut top bearing. Fixed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1186039_10151584279646951_106280093_n.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	15072  

14. Default

Had the front and rear drivers side locks replaced under warranty.

They developed a 'whirring' type sound. Did not effect the functionality, still worked perfectly but the sound got louder and louder.

Rear boot is now whirring on occassion.

15. Default

Anyone ever had a knock from the front suspension on acceleration over uneven roads? Took it Mazda and they tightened and told me to monitor(the mechanic's way of saying too busy to diagnose it properly), also that it could be related to the aftermarket RMM, lol. On the roadtest the foreman said it sound almost like the car is loosing traction over it causing the knock. So before I swap the standard mount back in and drop it back to them until they can fix it, any ideas what it might be? Car only has 2000kms on it. :P

Quote Originally Posted by RotarySnail View Post
    Anyone ever had a knock from the front suspension on acceleration over uneven roads? Took it Mazda and they tightened and told me to monitor(the mechanic's way of saying too busy to diagnose it properly), also that it could be related to the aftermarket RMM, lol. On the roadtest the foreman said it sound almost like the car is loosing traction over it causing the knock. So before I swap the standard mount back in and drop it back to them until they can fix it, any ideas what it might be? Car only has 2000kms on it. :P
    Yep, I have had it bad. It is a bit better after some RMM inserts and TMM inserts. I also de-tuned first and second gear to take some power away to try and minimize it. I still however have it when it looses traction. It is called axle tramp. Some suspension bushes could also help to make it less or eliminate it completely.
    Cheers

Grumpy

Tuned with
    By Alex...........

Yeh have always had a knocking noise in the front end since new . Had Mazda have a look at it before a put lowered springs in so they couldn't say it was the springs . Couldn't find anything to start with until I got fed up with it and they replaced the struts but that didn't solve the problem. The.y are still trying to work it out , so I'll just keep on taking it back till they fix it.

18. Default

I don't think it's axle tramp as it's not really breaking traction. By accelerating I don't mean foot to the floor, it can be just slight acceleration. The knock is loud and only occurs once from whichever side the dip in the road is on and won't occur if the car is cruising at a constant speed.

Quote Originally Posted by YLDCRD View Post
    Issues of concern i will bring upon to mazda on 70k service....

- When i put it into reverse and reverse back a little it does a once off knock sound? Sounds like its not engaged properly then suddenly clicks in. Still reverses completely fine though. Anyone know if/what issue this is?......
    Hey mate, any resolution on this issue?

20. Default

Quote Originally Posted by OzCJ View Post
    Hey mate, any resolution on this issue?
    Hey Bud, no issue whatsover ever with the gear or clutch. It was actually my front brakes. They were too worn out, i think past the point where they coudlnt be machined again. Mind you, mazda didnt figure that one out. I only realised once I actually changed my brakes...

Ended up replacing to slotted rotors and upgraded pads. At least I know the stocks lasted 50,000kms+
    09 Aluminium Silver MPS
    || Accessport - Stage 1 Tuned || COBB SRI + Airbox || Koni Yellows Sports || Eibach Pro-Kit || Corksport RMM || Graphite Wheels || DBA T3 Slotted Rotors ||
    || Vinyl Wrap Rear Valance || LED kit - Plates and Parkers || Windows Visors || Custom Plates ||

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast