User Tag List

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Mazda 3 MPS Gen II problems you have had, warranty fixes

had similar problem prior to Xmas with passenger side headlamp blowing after condensation showed up about 2 weeks before that. Was fixed under warranty although took a couple of weeks for local Mazda dealer to get the ok from Mazda. Then took another couple of weeks to book car in to replace the unit.

Funny that there a few more condensation in the headlamp issues coming about.

I had this issue April last year.

I've got a creaking rattle. Sound like something is loose definetly metallic sound coming from under the rear of the car. The noise happens when I pull to a stop in either forwards or especially when reversing. Very unsettling

I thought it was my suspension or RSB as I have recently had them installed

I went back to the place that installed them, put it on the hoist and found the noise is coming from in/around/on top of the fuel tank

I am going back to my dealership to find out what it is. Will keep you all posted

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

I rang my dealership and they said they have had this problem before

Loose baffle in the fuel tank. Will require a new Fuel Tank

Im having it checked tomorrow to make sure that is the problem. Anyone else had their fuel tanks replaced?

Peter "SLIXX"

I believe my front shocks are stuffed...

Hearing squeaking sounds as i hit larger bumps (not massive pot holes). As i cruise, all i hear is chirp chirp chirp (like a high pressure gas release).

Dealership looked at it twice and claims there is nothing wrong.....

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post

Im having it checked tomorrow to make sure that is the problem. Anyone else had their fuel tanks replaced?

Peter "SLIXX"
    Wow! First I've heard......

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SP23HO View Post
    I believe my front shocks are stuffed...

Hearing squeaking sounds as i hit larger bumps (not massive pot holes). As i cruise, all i hear is chirp chirp chirp (like a high pressure gas release).

Dealership looked at it twice and claims there is nothing wrong.....
    I get the same thing. Really sucks when the windows are down and you go over a sharp bump.

Quote Originally Posted by wookiebmx View Post
    I get the same thing. Really sucks when the windows are down and you go over a sharp bump.
    Agreed. Was toying with the idea of some TEIN SS coilovers ....

$1400 US without shipping or pillowball uppermount made me think twice :P

Went to my dealership today and it is confirmed.

The baffles inside my fuel tank have come loose. They have to order a new fuel tank. It probably has to come from Japan so it may be a while

Peter "SLIXX"

Had my car a week and it's started making a knocking sound when changing gears. Only done 1000kms, just had first service done. They said it's one of the engine mounts. So its booked back in a few weeks to get it fixed. Not happy Jan

Quote Originally Posted by wookiebmx View Post
    I've had my car in and out of the workshop about 5 times about this, it keeps coming back. I'm going to take it back to them cause now both sides are doing it. Not signing off on anything til its fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post

Peter "SLIXX"

Yeah IU had mine replace ~ 2 months ago, made a horrible screeching sound when coming to a stop slowly, all fixed under warranty.

Cheers Shiv
    TEAM EMO BLISS...When we cut ourselves.. we bleed AWESOME!

Well that's a relief that someone had this problem

Very annoying just hope it comes in soon

Quote Originally Posted by MPShiv View Post
    Yeah IU had mine replace ~ 2 months ago, made a horrible screeching sound when coming to a stop slowly, all fixed under warranty.

Cheers Shiv

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by sikdailo View Post
    I've had my car in and out of the workshop about 5 times about this, it keeps coming back. I'm going to take it back to them cause now both sides are doing it. Not signing off on anything til its fixed.
    Just an FYI, Mazda have agreed to replace both my front shocks and the rubber seals under warranty for anyone else experiencing this issue

Anyone heard about a recall (for the BL MPS) regarding the engine piston pin clip??

Quote Originally Posted by MUZZA View Post
    Anyone heard about a recall (for the BL MPS) regarding the engine piston pin clip??
    Cant say I have. That would be a fairly serious reason to recall though.

17. Default

Hi All, followed this thread when i got my second Hand Gen II 3 MPS and found that there was some issues that were talked about here, so big thanks to all for sharing your experiences

The issues i had and the fixes were:
    - Cruise Control falling asleep after coming off downhill (it wouldnt maintain speed when car got to level slope) >> fixed with an updated software for the PCM (computer). The software also felt it gave the car extra top end in terms of power at higher rpm (am i dreaming?!??!)
    - RHS window making some noise when closing window >> was a window rail adjustment
    - Slop in the gear (compared to my Mazda 6) >> was "normal" according to the dealer...that will be fixed with shifter bushings
    - slight knocking noise when changing gear >> again was "normal" according to the dealer...sneaking suspicion its the Rear Engine Mount (REM). Ordered some Corksport mount inserts. Their video on the slop of the factory mount is eye opening. Am awaiting for these to arrive so i can install

In regards to the piston pin recall, i had a recall on my Mazda 6 about six months ago where they replaced the said pin on all cylinders. Was at the dealer for 3 to 5 days (cant rememeber exactly). Havent heard re. 3 MPS recall, but then again ive only had the car for a month (and loving it).

It would.
    Check with Mazda Australia if your car is on the recall list.

It would.
    Check with Mazda Australia if your car is on the recall list.
    To my knowledge there have been no recalls for BL model Mazda 3's, MPS or otherwise

What is your source please?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Had a funny sound coming from my air conditioning - I turn on the front demister and the recirc-air button automatically switches to outside air. I normally don't have outside air, so I press the button to recirculate and hear a very loud continuous 'clicking' noise.

I went to my Mazda dealer who said it was the actuator that drives the vent closing from fresh air to recirculate just behind the glove box. The part was on order for a week and is getting replaced tomorrow.

---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

Just had another problem surface about 2 weeks ago, only noticed it after my last service.

I have condensation build up in my driver's side headlamp. Thought it may be a once off and tried to put the car in the sun to dry it out. It just resurfaced a few hours later and is getting worse.

There seems to be a few threads along the same lines. Will talk to my dealer tomorrow about it. Hopefully it gets fixed under warranty.
    Trying to keep it subtle ... | COBB AccessPort | COBB DP | CP-e HPFP | CorkSport TMIC | TurboSmart BPV | Denso ITV22| CorkSport Boost Tubes | SURE Full3 Aeros | SURE REM (Street) | SURE AGS SS Shift Knob | 2XS SSP + SURE CounterShift | Speedline Front Strut Brace | Whiteline RSB | Prima Paint Protection

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast