User Tag List

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Mazda 3 MPS Gen II problems you have had, warranty fixes

1. Default

I called the Mazda Australia PR Manager yesterday and told him we were thinking about reporting this to the media if nothing happened. Given Toyota has been roasted recently about faulty cruise, I thought this may get some action. It is dangerous and could lead to an accident.

I received a call from Customer Service shortly after to discuss. They also asked me for my car to eval. I told them they need to take one of their own out for some hilly freeway driving to emulate the problem.

I suggest you all call a guy named Raymond at Mazda Customer Service on 1800 034 411 to lodge a call and report the issue. It really needs to be a collective effort to have them do something about this.

I sent them a link to this thread so they can see how many people are experiencing the issue. Will keep you all posted.

Well done MPS250plus. I will call today. Everyone else needs to do same . Scare the shit out of them .. (remember toyota as well as GM petrol tanks.)

11.30am spoke to Raymond ( mazda are now looking at this forum/thread) but continue to notify mazda) It is hard for most people /dealers to emulate as this would involve a somewhat lengthy highway test drive ) not possible for all customers./ dealers. Sudjested as above mazda to start testing there own cars. Also made them aware that this prob could poss work in reverse IE stick on at high speed????
    Last edited by Oldhead; 18-05-2010 at 11:57 AM.

3. Default

Excellent news. Everyone else needs to get on to them as well!!!

I too just called Raymond.

You all need to ensure that your dealerships are submitting a PSS report.

It appears I gave some fresh info - It is of note, that you can see the car start to slow down, that is, it "forgets" to maintain the speed. Prior to the Cruise light going back to amber, try dabbing the accelerator. I found this "woke" the car up and it regained its speed.

Clearly if the car drops the cruise out (ie light goes from green to amber) it wont work.

I tried this on the way to Rockhampton recently. Cruise was set for 108km/hr - I noticed after the car decended down a small hill, the speed started to drop down toward 100km/hr. A quick dab of the accelerator (not hard), woke the car up and it regained the speed to 108km/hr. Failing to hit the accelerator, made the car drop the cruise.
    2015 Audi S3 | MTX | Sedan | Sepang Blue | Sunroof | SPP1 | Assistance Package | BW - Week 17 | Delivery June/July '15... Hopefully...

Help support OzMPSClub - Become a VIP Member today! - Click here for more details...

Ditto to above initial remedy, found the same .

6. Default

Anyone else logged a call with my good friend Raymond at Mazda?

I also found out the technique of 'dabbing' the throttle to wake up cruise control when it gets vague.

Still should not have to do this! it's a pain in the ass when it's obvious that something is wrong yet Mazda act as if there is nothing wrong.

Mazda! go out and take a car for a long drive and you will clearly find that there is something wrong with the cruise control.

I have asked my dealer several times but get the usual "problem could not be replicated" story - NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 PM ----------

I will call this Raymond...thanks

Default Cruise control /deactivation

Today my dealer experienced this problem (4 times within approx 20klm.)

To test correctly you must be on open highway,not city / suburb driving!

(1) I drove with tech as passenger. Set cruise at 102klm
    (2) Grades described as Slight, Medium, Moderate, Steep.

All slight grades the cruise control held.
    All medium to moderate cruise DISENGAGED.
    NOTE.No cruise control will hold in steep grades as car rolling velocity will exceed limit set by a large percentage.

We noted all medium to moderate grades car would exceed set 102klm hr and if exceeded by 2 to 3 klm hr downhill ,the cruise would disengage.
    2 to 2.5% above set limit.

The techs opinion was that this was not acceptable and was doing a report to Mazda.
    We both felt that there is a possible software glitch, as with the above grades the system should hold.

Dealers may try to tell you that cruise control is not meant to hold on down grades ,you are supposed to use brakes, do not be intimidated as we all know that steep grades will increase rolling speed. Cruise was designed for open highway use and as such (normal highways mostly do NOT have steep grades other than those marked as such.

Hope this helps you identifying prob.

9. Default

Great write up Oldhead. Finally a tech confirming there is a problem!

10. Default

Another knocking in the rear reporter. Checked the spare- is tight thanks. I think it's a shock or surround on drivers side rear, going back Tuesday. Wasnt there for the first 1500kms, v obvious for the next 500.

SethD Guest

Default Cruise Control Faulure

Hello everyone

I have the same issue with the cruise control disengaging when going down hill on to a flat
    upon the first visit to mazda they could not replicate the fault
    I had to take the Vehicle back to mazda a few day's later and inform them that there was a problem but nothing was done so I insisted that there was a fault and i wanted it to be investigated but still no one would listen .
    A few weeks later I managed to capture the fault on camera from my phone it was only then that they believed me and started to investigate the issue, so went for a test drive with the technician from mazda and could not get the vehicle to fault " just my luck"

I was told a mazda representative from head office was scheduled to visit in approximately one month so i booked it in.
    I tested the vehicle for 1 Hr with the mazda tech, He hooked up his laptop and connected it to the cars computer . I was able to replicate the fault as he was capturing the data " thank god for that "
    The data was then sent to japan for analysis and that was 3 month's ago but a total time has passed of all most 5 months " i think this is way to long " and i have complained multiple times to mazda but was told anything from 6 month's to 1 year was acceptable for faults like this
    If i had of known this before purchasing the car i would have definitely gone to a different manufacturer !

So today i decided to dig in and do some research and it looks like there are heeps of people that have this issue so it's obviously not spasific to my vehicle.

I am incredibly dissapointed and frustrated with the mazda service as all I am told is they are working on the issue as it is a software related issue and i will be contacted when there is a fix for the issue in the mean time do not use the cruise control if you think it is unsafe

If anyone would like to see the video please Email me ,it's 1.3mb

Car Make Mazda 3 Neo 2009 approx 20.000km
    Thanks

Unfortunately it will take time to investigate. Many members here have notified their respective service departments, and spoken direct with Mazda HQ.

The Cruise Control issues is not a huge issue at the end of the day. Cruise issue or not, I still would have purchased the MPS. The XR5T for example does not come with cruise.

13. Default

Does the vehicle pick up or loose speed going down the incline? On gen 1 maz3's the cruise was designed to "drop out" if the vehicle slowed or gained more than apprx. 8km/h.

14. Default

It does neither. The slopes that it happens on are not steep enough to effect the speed (ie car does not roll faster than what you have set the cruise to). Generally the slopes are such that the car will maintain the set speed with little or no throttle and the cruise just seems to go to sleep

Just had a call from Raymond to advise that Mazda Corporation are still looking it it.

Sounds like something is happening!

Quote Originally Posted by PostmanDan View Post
    Just had a call from Raymond to advise that Mazda Corporation are still looking it it.

Ditto to above . Mazda rang to confirm the ongoing investigation. 01/06/10

Quote Originally Posted by PostmanDan View Post

Don't hold your breath Dano
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Road Laino View Post
    I'm never drinking again

Hey all
    Venturing away from the group-fight with mazda, I have experienced an interesting problem today.

Got the 10,000km service done on my Gen 2 Lux yesterday, and this morning started getting a nasty white, foul smelling smoke at idle.
    I used to always leave my car on idle to warm it up in an open garage for a couple of mins before driving it and after to cool it down, but today left it in the garage for about 3 mins, walked back outside to kill it off and the entire garage was full of stinking white haze.
    No idea what this is, but seems to have appeared right after the service, but they claim all they did was change the oil and fix some rattles.

Anyone else experienced anything like this?
    MPS is booked in for monday morning to have it checked out. Car is completly stock, runs only on 95 or 98 RON PULP and only the oil mazda puts in.

Hope someone can shed some light on this.
    Cheers

19. Default

Foul smelling white smoke = blown turbo seals... but thats right, the seals dont actually blow, they get cooked (as noted by the Mazda reps on the last dyno day).

Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan View Post
    Hey all
    Venturing away from the group-fight with mazda, I have experienced an interesting problem today.

Got the 10,000km service done on my Gen 2 Lux yesterday, and this morning started getting a nasty white, foul smelling smoke at idle.
    I used to always leave my car on idle to warm it up in an open garage for a couple of mins before driving it and after to cool it down, but today left it in the garage for about 3 mins, walked back outside to kill it off and the entire garage was full of stinking white haze.
    No idea what this is, but seems to have appeared right after the service, but they claim all they did was change the oil and fix some rattles.

Anyone else experienced anything like this?
    MPS is booked in for monday morning to have it checked out. Car is completly stock, runs only on 95 or 98 RON PULP and only the oil mazda puts in.

Hope someone can shed some light on this.
    Cheers
    New turbo FO YEEEEW!!!!

Guess Mazda didn't fix the Gen 1 issue after all
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Road Laino View Post
    I'm never drinking again

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast